VPS Floor Patterns
987 11 2015-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

This weekend I was thinking of finally playing with VPS.  However, the "non-repeating floor pattern" requirement seems so subjective.  There are only two types of floors in my house - hardwood and tile - see the pictures below.  Will these work, or am I gonna have to scatter a giant box of legos across the floor?

Wood Flooring.jpg    Tile Flooring.jpg
2015-8-20
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

why the hell u wanna fly inside the house for? lol
i would give it a try, it is not going to go crazy and take off , if the floor patterns dont work good, it will just start drifting, it wont run away trust me
2015-8-20
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

The wood pattern is not repeating because it has different colors, and the tiles are little alike, but the final verdict is to try for yourself and see if it stays in one spot after moving a couple of inches or not.
2015-8-20
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

Oh boy ... I just finished patching all the sheet rock in the living room from my pre-phantom practice quad.  Here we go again .....
2015-8-20
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-8-21 13:30
Oh boy ... I just finished patching all the sheet rock in the living room from my pre-phantom practi ...

u will be fine, trust your P3, if setup right, they are solid. it wont "fly Away" because of bad pattern.
now watch the sob run in to something and u will blame me. rmember:
it is silly to fly it inside your house
but if u must, which i must every day lol, then get ready to land it quick if u dont feel right
2015-8-20
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-21 13:34
u will be fine, trust your P3, if setup right, they are solid. it wont "fly Away" because of bad p ...

LOL ... yeah, I'll bring over my 2-year old grandson and let him stand next to the table holding his ears like that one video.  Too funny ....

My bird has been perfect so far.  So, I'm gonna hold my nose and jump in the deep end .....
2015-8-20
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-8-21 13:49
LOL ... yeah, I'll bring over my 2-year old grandson and let him stand next to the table holding h ...

let me know how it went, wish u luck
2015-8-20
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

well. it drifts  a little bit, but not as far as pure ATTI...remember to shoot video when you will fly,  everyone is interested
2015-8-20
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-8-21 14:23
well. it drifts  a little bit, but not as far as pure ATTI...remember to shoot video when you will f ...

Tim, u wanna see his tiles or the wood floor?
2015-8-20
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-21 14:25
Tim, u wanna see his tiles or the wood floor?

both of them, it would be nice to have a comparison , even though i don't think there gonna be a huge difference between them
2015-8-20
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-21 13:34
u will be fine, trust your P3, if setup right, they are solid. it wont "fly Away" because of bad p ...

and it wont fly away at all... thanks to the walls
2015-8-20
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-8-21 14:23
well. it drifts  a little bit, but not as far as pure ATTI...remember to shoot video when you will f ...

I have found that the lighting is more important than the pattern. When lighting is predominately overhead, my P3 seems to be afraid of it's shadow. LOL. Direct some light from the side and from the top and he is "stuck like chuck". I have lighter colored laminate floors here.
2015-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules