o(^-^)o
Droffarc
First Officer
Flight distance : 11265331 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I wenyt to fly this afternoon, out there were there is no wifi
And I get     Account not logged in       !@#$#@#
So I could fly but BUT with restrictions, so I wasted time and petrol, and was embarrased because I could not log in - no wifi, no air time   

Is this now something new? I am on dji fly 1.9.4

Is this going to happen often?
I got home and could log in and fly.
2023-3-10
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Did you have cell service for your phone? If so, use the phone hot spot.
2023-3-10
Use props
Jake. A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Never had that problem. Hopefully they fix it
2023-3-10
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

I have heard of this issue but never had it happen to me.
This might have happened if you have used an app that clears cache or modifies app files in any way, or it also can happen after an app update.
2023-3-10
Use props
jezz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422969 ft
United States

It's normal - happened to me twice.

DJI Tony -
Hi,  M. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry  for any inconvenience this has caused you. Please note that the DJI Fly  App automatically logs out an account after three months, and a re-login  is required. This is normal behavior, and it's mainly for security  purposes. We recommend you log in to your account from time to time or  regularly to avoid such an experience in the future. We appreciate your  understanding and support. Should you have further concerns, please  reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.
2023-3-10
Use props
jezz
lvl.4
United States

There was also a thread on which one of the moderaters stated there is a # of flights limit before a re login is required IF I recall correctly but I have not searched for that thread. Seem's like it was 10 flights or somewheres around there but it may have entailed different circumstances also.
2023-3-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Happend to me the other day, think it was the second time in 6 years of DI drone flying.

HotSpotted to my mobile device, and logged in. HotSpot off.

cheers
JJB
2023-3-10
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

I've had this happen only 2 or 3 times in the last 3 years.

But I usually check everything before I've wasted time and gas to go somewhere to fly.
2023-3-10
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-10 08:58
Did you have cell service for your phone? If so, use the phone hot spot.

Hi
unfortunately no signal in that area
2023-3-10
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Jake. A Posted at 3-10 09:17
Never had that problem. Hopefully they fix it

Well these days I guess you must password protect eveything or the nasties will get ja!
2023-3-10
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Yaros1 Posted at 3-10 09:24
I have heard of this issue but never had it happen to me.
This might have happened if you have used an app that clears cache or modifies app files in any way, or it also can happen after an app update.

Yep, most likely I cleared the cache an it auo updated
2023-3-10
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

jezz Posted at 3-10 09:33
It's normal - happened to me twice.

DJI Tony -

Thanks Jez - that is what I thought, not that I like it
2023-3-10
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

jezz Posted at 3-10 09:53
There was also a thread on which one of the moderaters stated there is a # of flights limit before a re login is required IF I recall correctly but I have not searched for that thread. Seem's like it was 10 flights or somewheres around there but it may have entailed different circumstances also.

hmmm. I have done 756 flights and the first time I see it. I can understand the login requirement for the fotum but for the drone? So before leaving home I check, and while I am away it clicks over after one flight, boy will I be MAD
2023-3-10
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

JJB* Posted at 3-10 10:24
Happend to me the other day, think it was the second time in 6 years of DI drone flying.

HotSpotted to my mobile device, and logged in. HotSpot off.

Lucky you had signal, I often fly where there is none
2023-3-10
Use props
jezz
lvl.4
United States

Droffarc Posted at 3-10 12:16
Thanks Jez - that is what I thought, not that I like it

Droffarc - Your very welcome
2023-3-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seen this issue reported several times now on different forums.  I've just gotten into the habit of logging in before I leave to go off and fly.  
2023-3-10
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully all the countries will always play nice, or we won't be logging in. : )
2023-3-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Droff. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Kindly please refer to the response of Jezz on post #5 with the information provided by DJI Tony. If this issue happens again on your unit, please reach us back so we can check. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-10 17:49
Hi there. Droff. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Kindly please refer to the response of Jezz on post #5 with the information provided by DJI Tony. If this issue happens again on your unit, please reach us back so we can check. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi Paladin, is that after 3 straight months of no usage or, is it after 3 months whether its being used or not?
2023-3-10
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It happened to me last weekend. I went to an old lead mine to get some shots, took off but could only fly a minimal distance and altitude, having no phone signal I had to drive approx  3 miles till I got a signal to log in. It won't happen again it's on my check list. It was roughly 3 months ago I last used it.
2023-3-11
Use props
btframework
Second Officer
Flight distance : 887461 ft
Belarus

I have never had such problem but as for me such behaviour is absolutely unacceptable. I bought the dron and now I want to use it as I want. I agree if it needs to login for the first time activation, for the updates, for the logs or something similar. But not fo flying. I paid for that and now this is my thing. So leave me alone. I do not want to depend from any service to be able to use my drone.
2023-3-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Bashy Posted at 3-10 18:02
Hi Paladin, is that after 3 straight months of no usage or, is it after 3 months whether its being used or not?

Hi, Bashy. We will clarify this with our designated team. We will keep you posted. Thank you for your patience.
2023-3-11
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Dale 68 Posted at 3-11 00:46
It happened to me last weekend. I went to an old lead mine to get some shots, took off but could only fly a minimal distance and altitude, having no phone signal I had to drive approx  3 miles till I got a signal to log in. It won't happen again it's on my check list. It was roughly 3 months ago I last used it.

I bet you were not amused
2023-3-11
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

btframework Posted at 3-11 03:14
I have never had such problem but as for me such behaviour is absolutely unacceptable. I bought the dron and now I want to use it as I want. I agree if it needs to login for the first time activation, for the updates, for the logs or something similar. But not fo flying. I paid for that and now this is my thing. So leave me alone. I do not want to depend from any service to be able to use my drone.

That is the way I see it too but apparently the drone is not yours, you only paid for it
2023-3-11
Use props
jezz
lvl.4
United States

Bashy Posted at 3-10 18:02

Since DJI never came back with an answer I will post what DJI Tony posted awhile back regarding the 10 flight minimum I referred to in above post #7 which may or may not be of interest to fellow drone users if you routinely fly where no cell or internet connection is available:

DJI Tony

Hi, . Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please note that this is not an error, but rather a normal prompt. This can be canceled and you may fly the aircraft freely. When this message appears, you only need to connect to the internet and the number of flight times will be refreshed to 10. If the internet is unavailable at the flight location, you may connect it once you have access to it.
Note: After connecting to the internet, you need to restart the aircraft, remote controller, and APP and reconnect without the network. The App will then refresh the flight times 10 times.
Thanks for your understanding. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-3-21
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Actually, this is something that also happened to my friend, he didn't update his phone or anything. Maybe it is something that DJI changed internally on their servers and the app asked to log back into the system. It's strange that not everyone got logged out of their accounts, for example I didn't get this issue.
2023-3-21
Use props
John Waddell
lvl.1

United States

There was also a thread on which one of the moderaters stated there is a # of flights limit before a re login is required IF I recall correctly but I have not searched for that thread. Seem's like it was 10 flights or somewheres around there but it may have entailed different circumstances also.

That is not TRUE my experience is that it’s required in only several weeks !!!
2023-7-17
Use props
John Waddell
lvl.1

United States

2023-7-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

John Waddell Posted at 7-17 20:37

It is not necessary to post each reply you make twice, especially when, according to the time stamps, the second post is made 4.5 hours after the first post
2023-7-17
Use props
Nate Gates
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2605210 ft
  • >>>
Canada

This has become RIDICULOUS!! After less than 1 week (my batteries still full) I have been logged out & am forced to log in again. NO TIME for this BS.. the moment is GONE after fiddling around for 10 min to find service & get a wifi signal from my phone, etc.

This NEEDS to be changed
Why does anyone need to be logged in at all just to fly ???!
It does nothing to help with the actual flight..
It should be the pilot’s prerogative.
2023-10-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you fly a flight when logged out the .txt flight log records the fact that the app is logged out, somewhere in the right-most three columns of the csv.
If you check the csv's you might find a pattern.
I suspect a logged out flight will NOT appear in the App's flight history, I may check that later, but the log is still created and stored.

2023-10-14
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Urgggg! This happened to me agin yesterday. No wifi where I fly, fortunately I had a little airtime/data, and then the signal was weak. Oh! and what is your password?  Bugger! so many passwords! I hate passwords!
Finally chose the right one and could fly but at a reduced battery level.
Hey! is this MY drone that I PAID for or am I just allowed to use it?  
2023-10-14
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Droffarc Posted at 10-14 08:48
Urgggg! This happened to me agin yesterday. No wifi where I fly, fortunately I had a little airtime/data, and then the signal was weak. Oh! and what is your password?  Bugger! so many passwords! I hate passwords!
Finally chose the right one and could fly but at a reduced battery level.
Hey! is this MY drone that I PAID for or am I just allowed to use it?

People here were laughing at us, when few months back we reported this as a serious bug...

As I said back then, we need to make more noise, otherwise nothing again will happen...

It is all good and well for those customer that have good phone/data coverage, but for the rest of us, it is simply not working... My brother ended up buying another drone to get away from this issue...

If you search, there are plenty of threads on this particular issue... First they said it was every three month, then it did change to one month after an update and finally as few started to experience this it became very random...

DJI has had plenty of time to fix this, but after this many months, here we are...
2023-10-14
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

What devices are you using?

I've been flying for almost 3 years in many places without wifi and on multiple devices and I've never had to sign in again except after resetting my phone or tablets.
2023-10-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

blue_canyon21 Posted at 10-15 17:07

I've been flying for almost 3 years in many places without wifi and on multiple devices and I've never had to sign in again except after resetting my phone or tablets.

This is the way it is now, and I believe its every month now and not 3 months like it used to be hence folk are seeing this.
2023-10-15
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

blue_canyon21 Posted at 10-15 17:07

I've been flying for almost 3 years in many places without wifi and on multiple devices and I've never had to sign in again except after resetting my phone or tablets.

Has never happened to me, I can't remember when; probably over a year now.  Pretty much every time I fly, I don't have to log and and I don't even remember what it looks like to be logged out.

I think is has to do with your social credit store.  Citizens with a lower score are not trusted and have to frequently log in to make sure they report their data back to the party.  Perhaps you've mentioned something in a previous post or somewhere online.  Even in your social media across all the platform, the owners give you a score; check to see if you got your 1000 points to start off with.  You will have to keep logging into to stay current.  

ok j/k
2023-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules