Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
4 X zoom Mini 3 Pro
5558 33 2023-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hun Solo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 637690 ft
United States

I don't know if what I missing but, I have this problem with the 4 X zoom on my mini 3 pro, it is out of focus. I have mini 2, and I have no problem with the 4 X zoom being out of focus. I would think that mini 3 pro would have better camera on it than mini 2.
Here a link to a 10 second video on each one.

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... KGYSKSZ?usp=sharing

2023-3-12
Use props
MS
First Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

I've never tried the zoom function.
Could you zoom in, then tap focus. Or use manual focus then zoom in as a work around?
2023-3-12
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.3
United States

MS Posted at 3-12 05:27
Could you zoom in, then tap focus. Or use manual focus then zoom in as a work around?

Some very good ideas. I thought  it would automatic like with the mini 2.
I will try those methods and return with my result's. Thx  
2023-3-12
Use props
trainee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 124469 ft
United Kingdom

The M3P zoom is digital, not optical, so no need for any refocusing. If the zoomed-in image is out of focus then it must have been out of focus before the zoom.
2023-3-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The distance and radiant heat from the land is skewing it some in my opinion, its never going to be great at that distance as like already said, its a digital zoom the same as the Mini 2, if you test them side by side and i bet they will be the same.
2023-3-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. You may follow the suggestion of MS in post #2 about zooming in and then tap focus or you may use the manual focus then zoom in then check if the issue persists. Please let us know the result. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-12
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.3
United States

Bashy Posted at 3-12 18:58
The distance and radiant heat from the land is skewing it some in my opinion, its never going to be great at that distance as like already said, its a digital zoom the same as the Mini 2, if you test them side by side and i bet they will be the same.

There is two videos taken one after the other same altitude. Watch the link above.
2023-3-13
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-12 19:22
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. You may follow the suggestion of MS in post #2 about zooming in and then tap focus or you may use the manual focus then zoom in then check if the issue persists. Please let us know the result. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thx, I will try that asap..
2023-3-13
Use props
cmarines
Second Officer
Flight distance : 331762 ft
Canada

Hun Solo Posted at 3-13 08:20

Was any recent rocket test which affect the atmosphere?
2023-3-13
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.3
United States

cmarines Posted at 3-13 11:17
Was any recent rocket test which affect the atmosphere?

No, it was a off day for Space X.
2023-3-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hun Solo Posted at 3-13 08:18
There is two videos taken one after the other same altitude. Watch the link above.

If that's the case then you may need to adjust the sharpness for the Mini 3 Pro, to be honest, I do prefer the whole image of the Mini 2 when comparing the two as the contrast is better too.

And you're correct, it should be auto but it may need a tap as per reply #2
2023-3-13
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.3
United States

4 X zoom Mini 3 Pro

2023-3-13
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.3
United States

Bashy Posted at 3-13 15:35
If that's the case then you may need to adjust the sharpness for the Mini 3 Pro, to be honest, I do prefer the whole image of the Mini 2 when comparing the two as the contrast is better too.

I'm not quite sure what you mean " adjust the sharpness for the Mini 3 pro"
2023-3-13
Use props
trainee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 124469 ft
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 3-13 15:35

Frankly, AF is a joke on my M3P, even after it was improved in the last FW update. If you have to tap the screen then it's not automatic. And tapping the screen ruins your footage because the lens pulses in and out every time you do it. And you can't always see on the RC screen when focus has been lost so you end up tapping it constantly to be sure. I've given up on it. Adjusting MF to infinity or close to it gives much more consistent focus for most shots without any further fiddling.
2023-3-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

trainee Posted at 3-13 16:49
Frankly, AF is a joke on my M3P, even after it was improved in the last FW update. If you have to tap the screen then it's not automatic. And tapping the screen ruins your footage because the lens pulses in and out every time you do it. And you can't always see on the RC screen when focus has been lost so you end up tapping it constantly to be sure. I've given up on it. Adjusting MF to infinity or close to it gives much more consistent focus for most shots without any further fiddling.

Ive just gone over my footage from last summer (older fw) and i zoomed in a fair bit for the Weeting Steam Rally and its fine as far as digital zoom goes, i didn't shoot the horizon mind, it was much closer to the drone.
2023-3-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Hun Solo Posted at 3-13 08:20

You are most welcome. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-3-14
Use props
ro_walker
Captain
Brazil

2023-3-14
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-14 04:45
You are most welcome. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding.

Here's today video shot of mini 2 and mini 3 pro.
DJI 344 is mini 2 in auto focus
DJI 022 is Mini 3 pro in auto focus , then manual focus , the manual focus and tapping on the screen, this proves nothing different. The DJI Mini 3 pro is still out focus.
A cold front went through last night and todays weather was, 70 degrees, 55% humidity and at 150 feet altitude.
One of the reasons that I got mini 3 pro was to caught Rockets launching and landing back at the Cape because of the gimble that swings upward a great deal.
Any thoughts would be helpful. Thx

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... SKSZ?usp=share_link
2023-3-14
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.3
United States

Here's a resent Space X launch with the Mini 2. You'll see why 4 x focus is useful ...https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... XN/view?usp=sharing

2023-3-14
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.3
United States

ro_walker Posted at 3-14 16:21

Give it a shot and come back and tell me what ya see !
2023-3-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Hun Solo Posted at 3-14 17:17
Here's today video shot of mini 2 and mini 3 pro.
DJI 344 is mini 2 in auto focus
DJI 022 is Mini 3 pro in auto focus , then manual focus , the manual focus and tapping on the screen, this proves nothing different. The DJI Mini 3 pro is still out focus.

Hi there. Thank you for keeping us posted and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mini 3 Pro using the DJI Assistant 2 software (consumer drone series)? After that, please check the lens if there is dirt or some moisture on it, please wipe the lens with a wet clean tissue then reset the camera parameters in the app under DJI Fly app, General settings> Camera> Reset Camera Parameters. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-3-15
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-15 04:21
Hi there. Thank you for keeping us posted and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mini 3 Pro using the DJI Assistant 2 software (consumer drone series)? After that, please check the lens if there is dirt or some moisture on it, please wipe the lens with a wet clean tissue then reset the camera parameters in the app under DJI Fly app, General settings> Camera> Reset Camera Parameters. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Yes , I will do that ASAP. Thx
2023-3-15
Use props
ro_walker
Captain
Brazil

Hun Solo Posted at 3-14 17:55
Give it a shot and come back and tell me what ya see !

i SURE WILL!
2023-3-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Hun Solo Posted at 3-15 04:26
Yes , I will do that ASAP. Thx

Please let us know the result. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2023-3-16
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-15 04:21
Hi there. Thank you for keeping us posted and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mini 3 Pro using the DJI Assistant 2 software (consumer drone series)? After that, please check the lens if there is dirt or some moisture on it, please wipe the lens with a wet clean tissue then reset the camera parameters in the app under DJI Fly app, General settings> Camera> Reset Camera Parameters. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Did as recommended, but did not change anything, still out of focus.
Here's todays shot after reset.
Temp - 80 degrees
Humidity - 53%
Altitude - 300 Ft.
DJI 0345 Mini 2
DJI 035 Mini 3 pro

Why does the mini 2 have a better camera than mini 3 pro ??

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... RONf?usp=share_link

2023-3-17
Use props
Zoooom
Second Officer

Australia

Hun Solo Posted at 3-13 16:27

Screenshot_2023-03-18-18-27-09-178.jpg

For vegetation, the oversharpening tends to create white zones. If you tone back the sharpness it can look better in zoom. Oversharpening will tend to create jaggies on straight edges as well.

However the zoom on the mini 2 is always in focus, due to the pinhole camera effect. I was showing some of my mini 2 video to a guy with a Mavic 3 cine, and he remarked that the zoom was good. I pointed out that I was in 1080p, and that helped, but I didn't know the Mini 3 would be bad at zooming.

I think the problem is that they both have a 12MP sensor, and the Mini 3 is HDR, but that is done through a double read of the sensor, and some dodgy sharpening. Like, when you zoom into a 48MP "single" shot, and see it's something non-useful. It's non-useful in the same way as the M3P 4 x zoom. The Mini 2 can do a zoom better, because of a better sharpening algorithm and a different brand of sensor.

2023-3-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Hun Solo Posted at 3-17 10:31
Did as recommended, but did not change anything, still out of focus.
Here's todays shot after reset.
Temp - 80 degrees

Thank you for keeping us posted. I will send you a PM, kindly please check it. Thank you.
2023-3-20
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.3
United States

Zoooom Posted at 3-17 23:32
[view_image]

For vegetation, the oversharpening tends to create white zones. If you tone back the sharpness it can look better in zoom. Oversharpening will tend to create jaggies on straight edges as well.

Thx for that enlightenment on both the drones. Very insightful.
2023-3-20
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-20 02:06
Thank you for keeping us posted. I will send you a PM, kindly please check it. Thank you.

2023-3-20
Use props
supergeo.ca
Second Officer
Flight distance : 263537 ft
Canada

Hun Solo Posted at 3-13 16:27

Under Style camera settings, you can adjust the sharpness (-2 to 2) and noise reduction (-2 to 1)
2023-3-20
Use props
Jake. A
Captain
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

That doesn't seem to be out of focus. When you zoom to 4x you are loosing image quality which makes the image blurry. Hope that explains it
2023-3-20
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.3
United States

supergeo.ca Posted at 3-20 13:01
Under Style camera settings, you can adjust the sharpness (-2 to 2) and noise reduction (-2 to 1)

Thx for that info.
2023-3-21
Use props
Ava00
lvl.1

Netherlands

It's possible that there's an issue with your Mini 3 Pro's camera lens or focus mechanism, but this doesn't necessarily mean that the camera itself is low quality. Luckily, there are some things you can try to fix the problem:

First, try cleaning the camera lens with a microfiber cloth or lens cleaning solution. Dirt, dust, and fingerprints can accumulate over time and cause blurry images.

If that doesn't work, you could try resetting the camera settings to their default values. Sometimes, the settings can get changed accidentally and cause the zoom to be out of focus.

It's also worth checking for software updates for your Mini 3 Pro. Sometimes, updates can include fixes for camera issues.

Finally, keep in mind that just because the Mini 3 Pro has some improved features, it doesn't necessarily mean that its camera is better than the one on the Mini 2. The cameras may have been designed differently and perform better in different situations.
2023-3-22
Use props
Hun Solo
lvl.3
United States

Ava00 Posted at 3-22 05:29
It's possible that there's an issue with your Mini 3 Pro's camera lens or focus mechanism, but this doesn't necessarily mean that the camera itself is low quality. Luckily, there are some things you can try to fix the problem:

First, try cleaning the camera lens with a microfiber cloth or lens cleaning solution. Dirt, dust, and fingerprints can accumulate over time and cause blurry images.

Thx for that info and I did that and still is out focus. I think DJI needs to step it up alot on this issue if your going to have 4 X zoom they should deliver 4 X Zoom.
2023-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules