Resetting home point
2113 5 2015-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
colin.buckle
lvl.2
Australia

Search is absolute crap on this forum so due to lack on finding an answer using it, I thought I would just ask the question.....

I haven't tried this scenario (yet) and I was wondering if anyone had.

1) Start off in the usual manner and fly to a new location and land 20m higher than where you were.
2) Reset your home point to the new loaction where the aircraft is currently sitting.

Q: Does setting the new home point also reset the altitude to 0m so you can then fly (in my case) 120m above that point meaning I would actually be 140m above my original takeoff position?
2015-8-20
Use props
Aoraki
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Not tried it myself but I would think all is reset to zero.
2015-8-20
Use props
colin.buckle
lvl.2
Australia

young.selina@ro Posted at 2015-8-21 18:22
Have a read of this particular thread and pay attention to item #3

Which thread?
You have not linked to any.
2015-8-21
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

yes, if you land at the new location and turn off motor the altitude will be set to 0. however if you land and dont turn off motor it will not be set to 0.
if you land and turn off motor and then back on and take off your home point will be set to the new location or u can set home point to the location of rc if device is equipped with gps.
i have tested all these and therefore speaking from having experimented.
2015-8-21
Use props
colin.buckle
lvl.2
Australia

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-21 21:53
yes, if you land at the new location and turn off motor the altitude will be set to 0. however if yo ...

I understand that if you were to turn the motors off and relaunch from there that it would reset. What I was asking was if you "manually" set the new home point to where your bird was, would it reset the altitude to 0m?
2015-8-21
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

colin.buckle Posted at 2015-8-21 22:18
I understand that if you were to turn the motors off and relaunch from there that it would reset.  ...

Helps if I read, right? Even though I have done that many times, I have never looked to see if it resets it to 0 always assumed it did,!! Was too busy to tilt my head down and look!!!!
Which is why I do it in first place, when I am amongst a lot of trees and don't want Rth to land from where I take off but to come back to above trees and then I land it manually. I
2015-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules