Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SDK POLL- URGENT
12345Next >
13276 196 2023-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I have spoken to a person within Dji about the SDK issue and why it has not been released to us as yet for the Mavic 3. The answer i got is that only a very few Mavic 3 owners really want the SDK and i answered that this is incorrect, I was also informed that the Enterprise Solution of drones is much better for mapping etc of which i advised that many professional photgraphers and real estate pilots use the Normal Mavic 3 or Cine for their commercial bussiness because of camera capabilities and releasing the SDK gives them a greater ability to generate more income for themselves as the Enterprise drones cameras are crippled and dont work for these guys. I was asked to create this poll for them to see what the response will be and the outcome will be based on how many owners want/dont need the SDK.
Single SelectVote, Total 276 people participate in voting

Distance end of: 575 Day7 Hour1 Min

92.75% (256)
1.45% (4)
5.80% (16)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2023-3-12
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

we need the sdk (vote).  it's always better to err on the side of release it or hold it back.  can't hurt.
2023-3-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Captain
Flight distance : 10238648 ft
  • >>>
United States

Whoever at DJI claimed we are not asking for the SDK is either being intentionally obtuse or just has not really looked into the numbers of Litchi, Dronelink, Drone Deploy users there are.  That is a bizarre comment that they made.
2023-3-12
Use props
Monkey007
Captain
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The answer i got is that only a very few Mavic 3 owners really want the SDK
So according to this DJI person there must be more Mini3 owners who wanted the SDK!!!

2023-3-12
Use props
Niknik
Captain
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

We need SDK or More functions ( the ones that are missing and exist in other 3d party apps like litchi or dronelink etc.)in a future update .And add Mavic 3 to DJI PILOT 2 APP as flighthub 2 or a new one similar to that web-based app with more waypoint - mapping options. Also, GPS tracking needs to implement in the active track mode.
2023-3-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

I have emailed the link for this post to the person i am communicating with at Dji, hopefully somethings come of it, and they are not just getting me to waste my time.
2023-3-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

TonyPHX Posted at 3-12 12:44
Whoever at DJI claimed we are not asking for the SDK is either being intentionally obtuse or just has not really looked into the numbers of Litchi, Dronelink, Drone Deploy users there are.  That is a bizarre comment that they made.

I also felt it strange on that comment made hence i argued the point
2023-3-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Monkey007 Posted at 3-12 14:09
The answer i got is that only a very few Mavic 3 owners really want the SDK
So according to this DJI person there must be more Mini3 owners who wanted the SDK!!!

LOL maybe, not sure. Maybe the Mini 3 Pro sold more than the Mavic 3
2023-3-12
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 3-12 14:46
LOL maybe, not sure. Maybe the Mini 3 Pro sold more than the Mavic 3

Of course it did .. it's so much cheaper.
But the comment about the (more expensive) enterprise edition being much better for mapping is ridiculous when they have released the SDK for the Mini 3.
When you talk to one person from DJI, you can never tell if they actually know what they are talking about or if you are getting correct information.
It's unfortunate that you get unreliable and inaccurate information so much of teh time.
2023-3-12
Use props
Renames
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

Pretty simple

The Mavic 3 didn’t sell as well as they hoped..

So they remade it 2 times

The Mavic 3 enterprise- for those of that that are desperate like be that need a mapping drone that isn’t a tank and uses the batteries if already invested in

The Mavic 3 classic - this was actually a good idea

I honestly think once they have sold the numbers needed they will release it but I think we are a long way away
2023-3-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI has the answer to this on their own developers forum was well.  @Suren - thank you for taking this on.  Maybe make them aware of the thread at the developers site as well.  They should also be talking with the forum admins here to convey how much interest has been discussed on this.
2023-3-12
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure who you are talking with at DJI, but they obviously don't have a feel for what customers actually want.  It is 100% ridiculous that they are planning to release the SDK for the Mini 3 Pro but pretend there is no demand for it for the Mavic 3 drones!  

DJI, just release it already!!!
2023-3-12
Use props
frankymusik
Captain
Flight distance : 27713973 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... it would increase the credibility of DJI, the reliability in the continuous development of their products, very, very much!  
An SDK is absolutely necessary in my opinion to open up a big, an even bigger horizon to this wonderful drone and its potential possibilities....
I hope so much that they will deliver it again soon...
2023-3-12
Use props
GadgetGuy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24150600 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately, no matter how obvious it is from this poll that the SDK is needed, DJI will simply discount the entire poll, assuming they ever cared about the results in the first place, by referencing the mere 32 people who responded to the poll, of which 29 out of several hundred thousand Mavic 3 owners said we need the SDK.

DJI has already made it abundantly clear they have no intention of  releasing an SDK for the Mavic 3. Even if 100% of 300,000 Mavic 3 owners said they needed it, it still wouldn't change their minds!  We already bought it without it!   This isn't majority rule. DJI does what they want, not what we want them to do.
2023-3-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think they blatantly lied to you.  
2023-3-13
Use props
Vision M3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047536 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

DJI we definitely want to be able to use the SDK with our Mavic 3. Thanks in advance
2023-3-13
Use props
fans8dd17691
New

Belgium

l need the SDK!!
2023-3-13
Use props
Suncruiser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77195 ft
United States

While the waypoints feature is nice it falls well short of what I had planned to do with Litchi when I bought my Mavic 3.  It would have been a deal killer for me if I had known that DJI had no plans to release the SDK. That isn't even the only app that I had planned to use for the Mavic 3 that is now no longer possible.
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_Ym7ebfNnlAQX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 421827 ft
Indonesia

I bought the M3 assuming there would be an SDK. It is a great drone & deserves it.
2023-3-13
Use props
akozc
Captain
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

thanks, Suren for heads-up
Although I participated and voted to have SDK, I feel really strange a person from DJI giving such statement. I think tents of administrators in this forum countless times been requested about status of SDK and when we can get it.
For sure DJI core developer teams aware of the consumers request but kind of ignoring or not taking action for some reason behind which we don't know. hope this poll helps to rise our voice.
2023-3-13
Use props
Tornado12
Second Officer
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

akozc Posted at 3-13 08:33
Although I participated and voted to have SDK, I feel really strange a person from DJI giving such statement. I think tents of administrators in this forum countless times been requested about status of SDK and when we can get it.
For sure DJI core developer teams aware of the consumers request but kind of ignoring or not taking action for some reason behind which we don't know. hope this poll helps to rise our voice.

I would suggest that it is very possible you are very wrong here. The forums here only have a few active members. While I am not aware of how many Mavic 3 drones have been sold around the world, I'm sure it is at least many tens of thousands, perhaps it could be even one digit higher. The forums make up at most a couple hundred people, and forums tend to be a group of your most enthusiastic users, who are always going to want more than is offered. The reality is that it is very likely that the vast majority of mavic 3 owners do not care at all about SDK being released, and even if it is released, I bet the majority of mavic 3 owners will not utilize it.

Having said that, I am not against DJI releasing SDK. I'm all for it in fact. Its not a big deal to me personally either way though. I do want to make the point though that just because you know a few dozen people in the forums and perhaps the facebook group who are begging for SDK, that does not mean the owners of the drone at large share in your desire. The vast majority of mavic 3 owners are not in this forum or on any facebook group. Keep in mind the online community here is a very very tiny percentage of the actual customer base. This poll is a good example. This poll is over 24 hours old now and only has 48 votes.

Just wanted to point this out.
2023-3-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

TonyPHX Posted at 3-12 15:36
DJI has the answer to this on their own developers forum was well.  @Suren - thank you for taking this on.  Maybe make them aware of the thread at the developers site as well.  They should also be talking with the forum admins here to convey how much interest has been discussed on this.

Yes they do Tony hence I'm thinking they are wasting my time but it does not hurt to try.
2023-3-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

KlooGee Posted at 3-12 16:44
Not sure who you are talking with at DJI, but they obviously don't have a feel for what customers actually want.  It is 100% ridiculous that they are planning to release the SDK for the Mini 3 Pro but pretend there is no demand for it for the Mavic 3 drones!  

DJI, just release it already!!!

This guy is quite up the food chain for AustrailiaAsia Dji
2023-3-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

GadgetGuy Posted at 3-13 00:34
Unfortunately, no matter how obvious it is from this poll that the SDK is needed, DJI will simply discount the entire poll, assuming they ever cared about the results in the first place, by referencing the mere 32 people who responded to the poll, of which 29 out of several hundred thousand Mavic 3 owners said we need the SDK.

DJI has already made it abundantly clear they have no intention of  releasing an SDK for the Mavic 3. Even if 100% of 300,000 Mavic 3 owners said they needed it, it still wouldn't change their minds!  We already bought it without it!   This isn't majority rule. DJI does what they want, not what we want them to do.

Yes I agree, Dji does do what they want and rarely will they listen to consumers but if we want/need something bad enough we need to push them and this is just another push to get what we want. This guy seems confident that if the numbers are high enough that the SDK will be released because as he mentions the M3E already has it and its not difficult to change that SDK to suit the regular Mavic 3. But just by looking at the number of votes, you are correct, we won't be getting it.
2023-3-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 3-13 01:01
I think they blatantly lied to you.

Maybe but our company buys a lot of commercial drones from Dji that is used to monitor Forestry and rail lines and this guy seems to know what he is talking about.
2023-3-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

akozc Posted at 3-13 08:33

You're welcome. I hope this poll does help. I did get a response back after sending the link of this poll and was told that he would check on this thread in a few days to see how it is doing.
2023-3-13
Use props
Jake. A
Captain
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

SDK would be nice on all the M3s
2023-3-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Tornado12 Posted at 3-13 09:28
I would suggest that it is very possible you are very wrong here. The forums here only have a few active members. While I am not aware of how many Mavic 3 drones have been sold around the world, I'm sure it is at least many tens of thousands, perhaps it could be even one digit higher. The forums make up at most a couple hundred people, and forums tend to be a group of your most enthusiastic users, who are always going to want more than is offered. The reality is that it is very likely that the vast majority of mavic 3 owners do not care at all about SDK being released, and even if it is released, I bet the majority of mavic 3 owners will not utilize it.

Having said that, I am not against DJI releasing SDK. I'm all for it in fact. Its not a big deal to me personally either way though. I do want to make the point though that just because you know a few dozen people in the forums and perhaps the facebook group who are begging for SDK, that does not mean the owners of the drone at large share in your desire. The vast majority of mavic 3 owners are not in this forum or on any facebook group. Keep in mind the online community here is a very very tiny percentage of the actual customer base. This poll is a good example. This poll is over 24 hours old now and only has 48 votes.

You hit the nail on the head. That's what I was told is that the majority does not really care about the SDK and when I argued that he is wrong hence this poll was brought up to actually see the numbers of those that do and don't want it. If just a mere 100 or so vote then we know that we would not get it because like you say many owners are not on this forum and many only come on here if/when they have an issue.
2023-3-13
Use props
Robert_Pro_Master
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5913222 ft
United States

I purchased a Mavic 3 when it first came out expecting it to have all of the functionality of a Mavic 2 pro in the pipeline (since there is no excuse for this to not be the case).  I was disappointed when later found out that there would be no SDK functionality.  

I was excited when the Mavic 3 enterprise came out and purchased one.  It is a fantastic mapping drone, but the cost is very high and it will take many jobs before it earns its cost back.  For many people just starting up a business, this is not an option since the cost is prohibitive and they will now never be able to try out this space. If you only get a few mapping jobs per year, there is no justification for paying extra thousand dollars for the enterprise drone. Also, the enterprise drone interface (pilot 2 app) is not as ideal as the standard drone when it comes to basic manual photo and video work. Right now I am stuck having many specialized drones during the transition period, but would like to reduce my fleet down to just 2x Mavic 3's. One enterprise, and one standard!

I understand that the mechanical shutter allows the drone to perform mapping at a much faster speed, but at the same time, the ability to use my standard Mavic 3 as a backup drone even if the mapping speed is 1/3 as fast would be huge!

2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_VPEBc5uReoKz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14463940 ft
  • >>>
Canada

It may be true only a limited number of Mavic 3 owners are on the forum. However if this is a reflection of what the majority of Mavic 3 owners want it's the percentage that counts, like any vote. Seeing over 90% of the members want the SKD released should tell them something.
In my mind, they claimed an SDK would be released during the M3 sales push and they should honor their word. I feel cheated.
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_VPEBc5uReoKz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14463940 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Mavic 3 buyers should not have been lied to.
2023-3-13
Use props
LV_Forestry
Captain
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

djiuser_VPEBc5uReoKz Posted at 3-13 11:54
It may be true only a limited number of Mavic 3 owners are on the forum. However if this is a reflection of what the majority of Mavic 3 owners want it's the percentage that counts, like any vote. Seeing over 90% of the members want the SKD released should tell them something.
In my mind, they claimed an SDK would be released during the M3 sales push and they should honor their word. I feel cheated.

The percentage of the poll means nothing.  The sample is wrong on the forum.  
Most of the people who come here are those who are unhappy with buying the drone and realized that the third-party apps were not available.  

The effect is even quite the opposite.  DJI could very well say that if only 40 people (who have already bought the drone) claim it, everything is fine, no rush.  

On the other hand, what seems to potentially have an effect is having this kind of discussion on the forum.  So we have to continue.  Do not hesitate to come and answer, pour out hatred if necessary.  In the Enterprise section there have been some heated exchanges about the functionality of Pilot2 with the M3 range.  A large number of claims were granted in the last update.  And that's good !  

As some have mentioned before, I think the guy at DJI who suggested the OP to open this poll, it was just to politely give him some semblance of an immediate response.  

But it's very good, good initiative.
2023-3-13
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

im going to speculate as well because honestly we don't have the actual numbers in front of us so we cannot say for sure.  but something tells me dji says fool me once, shame on you...

mavic 3 has a long history.

did they really see a big uptick in the sales numbers when they introduced waypoints or did we demand it for half a year only to just move on once they launched waypoints?
2023-3-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Captain
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you want a greater response then post links to this thread on other 'venues' and see if the numbers can be drawn in, relying on just the normal members here won't get us very far.
There is already one on MavicPilots.
2023-3-13
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 3-13 09:42
This guy is quite up the food chain for AustrailiaAsia Dji

It's unlikely he has any influence further up the tree with the people who make decisions.
2023-3-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Tornado12 Posted at 3-13 09:28
I would suggest that it is very possible you are very wrong here. The forums here only have a few active members. While I am not aware of how many Mavic 3 drones have been sold around the world, I'm sure it is at least many tens of thousands, perhaps it could be even one digit higher. The forums make up at most a couple hundred people, and forums tend to be a group of your most enthusiastic users, who are always going to want more than is offered. The reality is that it is very likely that the vast majority of mavic 3 owners do not care at all about SDK being released, and even if it is released, I bet the majority of mavic 3 owners will not utilize it.

Having said that, I am not against DJI releasing SDK. I'm all for it in fact. Its not a big deal to me personally either way though. I do want to make the point though that just because you know a few dozen people in the forums and perhaps the facebook group who are begging for SDK, that does not mean the owners of the drone at large share in your desire. The vast majority of mavic 3 owners are not in this forum or on any facebook group. Keep in mind the online community here is a very very tiny percentage of the actual customer base. This poll is a good example. This poll is over 24 hours old now and only has 48 votes.

Great point.  However many on the forum are also influential to others that could have a potential spend with DJI.  And there are many buyers that first look at the forums without ever saying a word.  This thread is a great pulse check for what is on the minds of DJI buyers.
2023-3-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Suren. Thanks for reaching out and for creating this poll. We appreciate the effort you put into this. We will help you communicate this request and rest assured that this will be forwarded to our developers. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-3-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 3-13 09:47
Maybe but our company buys a lot of commercial drones from Dji that is used to monitor Forestry and rail lines and this guy seems to know what he is talking about.

Let's hope so.    We need them to commit to a documented policy and not chop and change with every drone release.  
2023-3-14
Use props
fans78766c93
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23537182 ft
Philippines

Where is the poll? I don't see any poll.
2023-3-14
Use props
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666188 ft
Canada

Definitely need the SDK so we can use Dronelink and Drone deploy to improve the functionality of the M3Classic. The Mavic 3 Classic is a valuable tool for photographers and videographers, we need these third party apps to fully benefit from the amazing technology in these drones
2023-3-14
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules