Flight Simulator App won't link to controller in iOS
2012 6 2023-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans07ca9eae
lvl.2
Flight distance : 539019 ft
United States

I just bought a new Avata and tried to link the Flight Simulator app to my motion controller but it failed to connect even though I restarted the software, the controller and the Goggles 2. It did link to the Googles though.

I am using an iPhone 11. Any thoughts on making this work?
2023-3-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Just to confirm, are you using the DJI Virtual Flight App? If yes, please refer to these steps on how to use the DJI Virtual Flight app:
1. Connect the goggles to the mobile device using the Type-C to Type-C cable or  OTG cable + Type-C cable (according to the mobile device ports) as shown in the picture below:

2. Open the DJI Virtual Flight on the mobile side and run the software. Select the Control Method.

3. Power on the goggles, enter the menu and then go to More>DJI Virtual Flight.
4. Follow the prompts.
If the correct steps are performed, and the issue remains, kindly post a short video showing the whole operation and the error. We will be waiting for your update.
2023-3-13
Use props
fans07ca9eae
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-13 21:20
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Just to confirm, are you using the DJI Virtual Flight App? If yes, please refer to these steps on how to use the DJI Virtual Flight app:
1. Connect the goggles to the mobile device using the Type-C to Type-C cable or  OTG cable + Type-C cable (according to the mobile device ports) as shown in the picture below:
[view_image]

So I downloaded the DJI Virtual Fly Ap from the Ap Store. Should I delete and download from the DJI platform? Also, I assume I am following the prompts on the phone screen and not the Googles 2. Correct?
2023-3-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans07ca9eae Posted at 3-13 21:38
So I downloaded the DJI Virtual Fly Ap from the Ap Store. Should I delete and download from the DJI platform? Also, I assume I am following the prompts on the phone screen and not the Googles 2. Correct?

If you have the latest app version (v1.4.1), then you can use it. But you may also try uninstalling and reinstalling it to give it a try. And yes, the prompts are from the app on the mobile phone.
2023-3-14
Use props
fans07ca9eae
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-13 21:20
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Just to confirm, are you using the DJI Virtual Flight App? If yes, please refer to these steps on how to use the DJI Virtual Flight app:
[view_image]

Apple iPhones do not use Type C USB cords. as per your instructions.
2023-3-14
Use props
fans07ca9eae
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-14 00:00
If you have the latest app version (v1.4.1), then you can use it. But you may also try uninstalling and reinstalling it to give it a try. And yes, the prompts are from the app on the mobile phone.

No Go on the reinstall. DJI on the Ap Store keeps downloading v1.3.2 and DJI has known about this for over a year.

Now how do I download the right version.
2023-3-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans07ca9eae Posted at 3-14 15:53
Apple iPhones do not use Type C USB cords. as per your instructions.

Please use the correct cable according to your mobile device ports. Regarding the app, you may reinstall it from here.
2023-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules