Calibrating the compass using the DJI GO app on the touchscreen
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
twalker31
New

United States

I have the phantom 3 prof and I use the DJI go app. I've flown it several times without issue but I've never been able to do the compass calibration successfully. It says too much metal or too much of a magnetic pole or some error message like that every time I do it. Anyone else having this issue if so how did you solve it?
2015-8-21
Use props
richardmartin
lvl.2

United States

I'm a new pilot, only about a week now.  I have calibrated mine about six times.  Only once did I get that message and I was near a shipping container.  Moved to another location and all was fine.  Try more open locations.
2015-8-21
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

richardmartin Posted at 2015-8-22 06:20
I'm a new pilot, only about a week now.  I have calibrated mine about six times.  Only once did I ge ...

Good call, also, make sure no other electronics are near. Not even the controller and tablet. Place the phantom on the ground (away from metal of any kind. Not even close to buildings), walk away with controller at least 15 meters, start calibrate, then go pick the quad up and do the dance. That should work buddy.
2015-8-21
Use props
twalker31
New

United States

richardmartin Posted at 2015-8-22 06:20
I'm a new pilot, only about a week now.  I have calibrated mine about six times.  Only once did I ge ...

Thank you
Will do
2015-8-25
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

twalker31, here are some other tips that might help:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/compass-calibration-a-complete-primer.32829

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules