Raven Eye and tracking with RS 3 Mini
11146 4 2023-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IslaFlora
New

United Kingdom

I am new to DJI products. I want to video dogs being trained outdoors. This could be quite a challenge to video at the same time as I train each dog.  Perhaps somebody can make some useful suggestions as what to use.  I have a Sony a1 camera and a Sony Xperia I III (Android) mobile phone.  It seems this phone is not compatible with the DJI Mimo app for handheld gimbals or indeed the Pocket 2 which seems to require the app to activate the product unless I am mistaken?
I therefore have wondered about using a RS 3 Mini (the lighter the better) with my Sony alpha 1 camera, either handheld or even better on a tripod if the gimbal will track the dog which is running around. If I do this, is the RS Mini compatible with Raven Eye to track the dog being videoed?  Also do I need to have a DJI app on my phone to use the RS 3 Mini, and if so which app (and will it be compatible with my phone?)?

Any suggestions and answers would be very welcome. Thank you!
2023-3-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Thanks for your interest.
DJI RS 3 Mini does not support using the ActiveTrack function with the RavenEye Image Transmission System.
Except for some Panasonic cameras, you can use Active Track without Raveneye.
DJI RS 3 Mini/DJI RS 3/DJI RS 3 Pro firmware version requirements:
Simply update the DJI RS 3 Mini/DJI RS 3/DJI RS 3 Pro to the latest version.
The following Panasonic cameras are compatible:
S1, S1R, S1H, S5, G9, GH5S, BGH1, BS1H, and GH5 M2.
2023-3-24
Use props
IslaFlora
New

United Kingdom

Hello Wanda,

Thank you for this advice. If I understand correctly my Sony a1 (which is compatible) and RS 3 Mini will track a subject as they move around using just Active Track. Have you any idea if Active Track will follow a running dog if people are out of the way? Finally, is Active Track automatically switched on by the gimbal or does it require the Ronin app connected as well?
2023-3-25
Use props
Ke Ha
New

Austria

Really need the feature that RS3 Mini is working with Raveneye. The normal RS3 is to big for me. I‘ve seen that it‘s possible to mount the Raveneye to Coldshoe on the Camera may you can give a advanced update to the RS3 Mini with mounted Raveneye on camera by coldshoe!!?? My camera system is Sony A7IV. That is really the only thing I don‘t like on the mini and for me actually a really important feature that I miss.
2023-7-31
Use props
JosB
New

United States

Here in 2024 to see if anything has changed with active track availability for Sony. Specifically for me that zve1. Does it work now with sony?
4-9 17:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules