Mini 3 Pro Obsticle Avoidence disables when propeller guards dete...
2152 7 2023-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bgeeoz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64528 ft
Australia

New pilot.  Just noted Mini 3 Pro disables obstacle avoidance as soon as propeller guards detected.  Bottom sensors and avoidance still active.  Can find no documentation saying this is an expected action.  Thought it was just me when I bumped into trees several times.   
2023-3-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Bgeeoz. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the accidents. May we know the condition of the drone after hitting trees several times? Are there any abnormal behaviors or error messages showing on the app? Anyway, yes, the obstacle sensing will be unavailable when propeller guards are installed on a DJI Mini 3 Pro. You may find this information in the DJI Mini 3 Pro Propeller Guards User Guide (page 3). We hope this helps. Have a nice day!
2023-3-25
Use props
Bgeeoz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64528 ft
Australia

Since I was using propeller guards, no damage.  But after 3 "bumps", figured out I need to pay close attention.

Link takes me right back to forum.
2023-3-30
Use props
djiuser_YFOAMWHKhgnE
lvl.1

Ukraine

Is it possible to turn the obstacles avoidence sensors back on while flying with propeller guards?
2023-6-4
Use props
Wgander
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1195853 ft
United States

djiuser_YFOAMWHKhgnE Posted at 6-4 05:06
Is it possible to turn the obstacles avoidence sensors back on while flying with propeller guards?

How does my mini 3 Pro know I put Prop Guards on it? (StartRC brand, they just clasp on to the arms).
2023-6-22
Use props
XaMJIo
lvl.1

Ukraine

Wgander Posted at 6-22 12:38
How does my mini 3 Pro know I put Prop Guards on it? (StartRC brand, they just clasp on to the arms).
My guess would be because of the dron weight and/or weight centre change, but that is just a guess.
2023-6-24
Use props
XaMJIo
lvl.1

Ukraine

But I'm still wondering if there is a way to run dron with both propeller guards and obstacles detection sensors on simultaneously?
2023-6-24
Use props
djiuser_9NghpLSLqELP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17513 ft
United States

I think they may block the sensors, I may try a little trimming
2023-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules