Inspire Waypoint and Ground Station system
11252 26 2014-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ahmad_kamal
lvl.1

Jordan

hello,
Will the waypoint system be installed on the inspire 1?
I know that it is not planned to be released immediatley with the product, but some say that it is not planned to be added to the inspire at all.
DJI-ZT Posted at 2014-12-6 23:28
I am sorry to tell you that we don't intend to add waypoint function to inspire 1.
is this correct? will waypoint system be added to the inspire? and if yes please give an approximate date.

thank you
2014-12-6
Use props
mlebout
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80635728 ft
Canada

Would also like confirmation of way point capability???
2014-12-6
Use props
bmancan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2085810 ft
  • >>>
Canada

There is a video from Dronefly that shows a Ground Station feature as part of the app. Hopefully it will be provided at launch date or as an update shortly afterwards.  
http://youtu.be/6ddQ8VrjzvQ
2014-12-6
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

The last I heard....Ground Station will NOT be included with the initial rollout.
2014-12-6
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

We will have to wait and see.  I have asked for clarification on the Waypoints.  I trust ZT but I have also been told that it will be included at a later date.  So I am as confused as the rest of you.
2014-12-6
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

Eric Chen said that the Ground Station and waypoints will not be included with the first roll-out. With all the FAA thunder, I wonder if waypoints will be a good idea, anyway. With a craft this expensive....I don't want it getting out of my sight.
2014-12-6
Use props
bmancan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

pete1144@me.com Posted at 2014-12-7 03:35
Eric Chen said that the Ground Station and waypoints will not be included with the first roll-out. W ...

Having waypoints does not necessarily mean using the Inspire outside of line of sight. It would be awesome to be able to send the Inspire out on a preprogrammed series of waypoints and be able to use the RC transmitter for camera control (tilt / yaw). I really hope waypoints get released even after initial launch. It is fun to use on my phantom vision.
2014-12-6
Use props
ETDroneHome
lvl.2

United States

^ I would settle on being able to continue to control the yaw while the drone follows the track to the next waypoint.  That might be a bit complex though.
2014-12-6
Use props
ultraturtle
lvl.2

bmancan Posted at 2014-12-7 01:42
There is a video from Dronefly that shows a Ground Station feature as part of the app. Hopefully it  ...

It's also shown as a selectable option from the main screen of the DJI Inspire 1 App GUI on Page 48 of the draft manual.  

I would assume DJI is working to bring this functionality to us.
2014-12-6
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

I think they are...just not on the planned rollout schedule. Of course, if that slips into March...it may be ready.
2014-12-6
Use props
bmancan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

The FAQ section on the Inspire 1 page at http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/faq has been updated as follows:

When will ground station functionality be available?
Original response:
The Inspire 1 does not currently support ground station. Ground station will be available with future firmware updates.

New responses:
The Inspire 1 does not currently support ground station.

This leaves the door open slightly for a possible future waypoint release, but certainly no commitment at this point in time.
2014-12-10
Use props
skyml
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4741906 ft
United States

bmancan Posted at 2014-12-11 09:47
The FAQ section on the Inspire 1 page at http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/faq has been updated a ...

I really hope that fear or politics is not driving the absence of ground station in waypoints I mean let's be realistic the systems already out there.
2014-12-10
Use props
mbuck0926
New

United States

Sorry for my lack of understanding terminology  but when you guys are speaking of ground point is this the ability to map out a grid for the inspire to fly without control?
2014-12-10
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Come on DJI, we'd like clarity over whether waypoint functionality will be added at a later date or not at all.
2014-12-11
Use props
fawkem911
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It needs to be, people have laid down money based on false promises? its a big feature to drop having already taken payments.
2014-12-11
Use props
ahmad_kamal
lvl.1

United States

for me, no waypoint means no drone. so i have to know for sure.
i will mainly use waypoint, and probably barely any actual remote control flying, so waypoint is a deal breaker.

DJI, please give a yes/no confirmation that is accurate and binding,
WILL THE INSPIRE 1 HAVE WAYPOINT FEATURE IN THE FUTURE?
2014-12-11
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

First, I don't think DJI is going to answer your question about the future. They have made it pretty clear that the Inspire will not have that feature on release....and there is no ETA when it will be. If autonomous flight is a "deal-breaker" for you....I would advise you to pass on the Inspire until they have what you want.
2014-12-11
Use props
rvarnell
lvl.1

United States

I believe DJI needs to take control of releasing information about it's inspire product. There is too much vapor out there.
2014-12-16
Use props
skyml
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4741906 ft
United States

rvarnell Posted at 2014-12-17 06:55
I believe DJI needs to take control of releasing information about it's inspire product. There is to ...

DJI is failing big time on release info...   The 1st screw up by premature announcement, The Case info and the manner it was released (hardly official), and now the "rumor" of confusion by the DJI Rep at the LA expo the other day - is it cleared to start production or is it cleared to be released in a week?????  He said both and said cleared for release twice!  Yes, DJI is only hurting it's customers, especially the loyal ones by the way it does say stuff and stuff it won't say.
2014-12-16
Use props
jeffrey.reedy
New

United States

I was ready to pull the trigger on this but the more posts i read the more i worry that its just not going to live up to the hype, or any kind of schedule.  Time to reconsider my decision here.
2014-12-16
Use props
bmancan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

The release version of the Inspire 1 manual has the following comments regarding Ground Station support:

2. When will ground station functionality be available?
The Inspire 1 does not currently support ground station. Ground station will be available with future
firmware updates
2014-12-31
Use props
icywings11
lvl.1

United States

No "ground station" may be a deal breaker. Most likely actually. Now since they have this SDK can't someone write a program to create a third party "Ground Station"?
2014-12-31
Use props
kianooshzare
lvl.1

Iran

bmancan Posted at 2015-1-1 01:05
The release version of the Inspire 1 manual has the following comments regarding Ground Station supp ...

finally ...
when this update will be come?
i think it,s really important for long range flights
2015-1-2
Use props
gunnell_s
lvl.2

United States

Wow, I was just about to pull the trigger and buy one of these to use commercially.  Sure am glad I read this before buying it!  Why in the world would DJI offer LESS features on their new flagship drone that cost twice as much?  

No waypoints is an absolute dealbreaker for me as well.  That an the fact they are releasing the drone before some features are even ready makes it feel like the whole thing is being rushed.  Past experiences tell me that when a product is rushed to market that the first ones to buy usually end up wishing they had waited.
2015-1-3
Use props
kianooshzare
lvl.1

Iran

I thinking about Dji that  complex A2 + Lightbridge  and  in final product only have an hd video output more than ...
shamefully
it is like that NEW product of Lamborghini had a  best engine and  only 2 gear (rear and 1)   and its dashboard was only printed paper! and after shipping to  "pre-order customers"  they say "we may be  update it at a time ! and  no more news this time . "
2015-1-12
Use props
Deemath
New

France

It's Clear no waypoints no Inspire 1 for me....
Happy i read this before buying it..
2015-2-20
Use props
rdsbira
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39895 ft
Brazil

Sophie.Zha       
Sophie.Zhang (DJI)
Mar 2, 13:58

Dear Ricardo,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Currently, the inspire1 does not support Ground Station feature; and sorry to day that we are not sure about the future plan.
Keep an eye on our website for any update.
Thank you for choosing DJI. Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

DJI Product Application Technical Support
Office hours: Monday to Friday , 9:00AM to 18:00PM (HongKong Time GMT+8:00)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ricardo Di Stefano
Feb 28, 09:16

Hi,

Will the Inspire 1 going to have ground station in the future? If yes, when it will be launched?

thanks & regards

Ricardo Di Stéfano
2015-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules