Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Horror Story #1.

I haven't flown in a while, but that happened before, so when I took my M3C out today to help with some recon missions, I was not expecting any troubles.
To my dismay, when I turned my RC Pro on, it plain told me I'm logged out and as such I'm limited to 30m x 50m HxR cylinder, which was totally not enough for what I had in mind.
And, of course, it does not work with iOS hotspot...
Luckily, my daughter was with me with her Android phone, and that one worked beautifully, so I was able to log in and continue on.

Moral of the story: if you haven't flown for some time, power up at home first to check if you still can

Horror Story #2.

My second location's launching/landing was a little local community park.
I have choosen a table away from the epicenter, but still within an easy earshot.
Launching and flying went fine without attracting too much attention, but on return we have been spotted by some kids.
I was already hand-landing when I noticed a couple of small kids zeroing on me from two opposing directions.
I was mentally preparing to answer questions, showing the pictures, maybe even take another flight, as I still had some juice for about 10 minutes and this battery would not be in any shape for a major new flight.
But it was not what has happend.
While the older kid (8..10-ish) was indeed shouting some questions and demands, and was eventually restrained and led away by the accompanied adult, the younger one, 4-5 yo, just jumped up all of a sudden and grabbed my hand with the RC in it, managing to slap both sticks and touch I don't know how many buttons. o_0
It was a pure luck that the drone was actually off flight as of 2-3 seconds already, so nothing really happened.  Also, my hand with the drone was much higher from the ground, otherwise I think I might have lost some propellers.
I pulled my hand with RC away and asked the kid what was he doing. He didn't bother to answer and just ran away.
Suffice to say, I was not in the mood for lectures or demo flights after that, so I packed and left.

Moral of the story: do not put yourself in a position when your RC can be grabbed by another person.

2023-3-26
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh wow.  Yeah, that is not acceptable.  Unless that younger one has some kind of special needs thing going on, there is no good excuse for that at all.  Very odd!  And could have led to some injury or loss of the drone.  I would be really upset.
2023-3-26
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 3-26 15:37
Oh wow.  Yeah, that is not acceptable.  Unless that younger one has some kind of special needs thing going on, there is no good excuse for that at all.  Very odd!  And could have led to some injury or loss of the drone.  I would be really upset.

Actually, the older one was, but, as I said, he was accompanied and handled.
Yeah, could be much worse.
2023-3-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

thanks for letting us know and reminding everyone, that doesn't sound very pleasant at all.
2023-3-26
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 3-26 15:50
thanks for letting us know and reminding everyone, that doesn't sound very pleasant at all.

Sure.
And no, it was not pleasant at all...
2023-3-26
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

When hand landing the first thing I do is look around and make sure no one is close and if there are any spectators, I tell them to stand back until I land and have full control of the drone.  It's just some don't listen well as in your situation the kid could have been seriously hurt or even loose an eye by doing so.  Glad everything ended well.
2023-3-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Odd your hotspot didn't work,.  I use my IOS hotspot all the time with the controller.
2023-3-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All in all, probably not the best day's flying you've had.  Bound to put a damper on things.
2023-3-26
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 3-26 23:25
Odd your hotspot didn't work,.  I use my IOS hotspot all the time with the controller.

My hotspot won’t work either . Not sure why, it keeps asking for the name of the M3 and I don’t know what that is except Mavic 3 and thats not it.
2023-3-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That was a sad situation.  I appreciate the reminders.  Hope your next flight is much less eventful.  
2023-3-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 3-27 00:58
My hotspot won’t work either . Not sure why, it keeps asking for the name of the M3 and I don’t know what that is except Mavic 3 and thats not it.

Aloha 007,

When you turn on the hot spot, does it list potential users?  Try work at home in a chair or at a table and turn your M3 on and off and see if it shows up.  That is the only way I can find some of my stuff over here.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2023-3-27
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-26 23:25

It does? Mine never did it seems… Care to provide steps or link where they are described?
2023-3-27
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 3-26 23:33
All in all, probably not the best day's flying you've had.  Bound to put a damper on things.

Yeah, oh well, I survived…
2023-3-27
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

My M3 just doesn’t see my iOS at all, but it saw Android instantly…
2023-3-27
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-27 01:54
That was a sad situation.  I appreciate the reminders.  Hope your next flight is much less eventful.

Thank you!
2023-3-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DarthSLR Posted at 3-27 06:08
Yeah, oh well, I survived…

That's the main thing
2023-3-27
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi DarthSLR,

I have M3C and RC Pro and I use my Iphone (initially 6s, than 7 plus, then 14)  to connect to hotspot. The only thing is I find it won't reconnect to hotspot just because my Iphone has hotspot turned on and I turn on my RC Pro. What I need to do is turn off / on hotspot on my phone , turn off / on wifi on my RC Pro and then after a few of these it finds the hotspot on my Iphone 14 and reconnects. I also had to do "forget network" on my RC Pro for my Iphone hotspot once to get it working again. Also what doesn't work is if you turn on your RC Pro and if your Iphone already has hotspot turned on and if you try to choose the Iphone hotspot from the list of saved networks on your RC Pro, it won't connect that way. It has to basically auto connect to your Iphone hotspot after flickering off / on for hotspot and RC Pro wifi. Hope this helps.

Take care, Mike.
2023-3-27
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 3-27 08:46
Hi DarthSLR,

I have M3C and RC Pro and I use my Iphone (initially 6s, than 7 plus, then 14)  to connect to hotspot. The only thing is I find it won't reconnect to hotspot just because my Iphone has hotspot turned on and I turn on my RC Pro. What I need to do is turn off / on hotspot on my phone , turn off / on wifi on my RC Pro and then after a few of these it finds the hotspot on my Iphone 14 and reconnects. I also had to do "forget network" on my RC Pro for my Iphone hotspot once to get it working again. Also what doesn't work is if you turn on your RC Pro and if your Iphone already has hotspot turned on and if you try to choose the Iphone hotspot from the list of saved networks on your RC Pro, it won't connect that way. It has to basically auto connect to your Iphone hotspot after flickering off / on for hotspot and RC Pro wifi. Hope this helps.

Thanks Mike,
I will try these steps next time I’m away from WiFi and report back.
2023-3-27
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 3-27 09:13
Thanks Mike,
I will try these steps next time I’m away from WiFi and report back.

Sure, you are welcome DarhSLR.

Take care, Mike.
2023-3-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not something you wish for for sure.
2023-3-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're very welcome Darth.  Looking forward to you starting to post your amazing sunset posts again.  
2023-3-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I turn on hotspot,  go onto the controller, wifi and select the iPhone name,.  enter password and it's done,  nothing drone wise is required.
2023-3-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DarthSLR Posted at 3-27 06:07
It does? Mine never did it seems… Care to provide steps or link where they are described?

I turn on hotspot,  go onto the controller, settings  wifi and select the iPhone name,.  enter password and it's done.  Then after that you dont need to enter the password.  
2023-3-27
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-27 23:48
I turn on hotspot,  go onto the controller, settings  wifi and select the iPhone name,.  enter password and it's done.  Then after that you dont need to enter the password.

Hmm, I will try…
2023-3-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Under hotspot on your phone there is also an option for maximise compatibility,  mine works with either setting but might be worth playing with.  

Also here the mobile phone company has to support hotspot for it to work.
2023-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules