Power below 30% - battery at 96%?
2486 16 2014-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crc2004
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63461 ft
United States

Was doing a ground station flight with a full battery and within 23 seconds of pressing go I got a "Power below 30% - go home" message. Is the "Power below 30%" the same as "battery below 30%"? You can see that my battery is at 96%. Temperature was about 55 degrees and it was the first flight of the day. Any ideas what caused this?

After RTH I didn't change anything and did another flight with the same battery and no issues?

Link to video:

http://youtu.be/0iUvQfeu0DA

Power below 30

Power below 30
2014-12-6
Use props
b.w.j
Second Officer

Denmark

Try to clean the two small pins on battery, seems to be faulty connection.
2014-12-6
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

I read the battery connections pin inside the batt compartment are spring loaded. Make sure they are clean and the spring loaded pins arent getting stuck
2014-12-6
Use props
crc2004
lvl.2
United States

Battery connectors are clean and I flew after that with no problems with same battery and no changes. If you watch the video the battery percentage never falls below 90%.

The battery history has no messages other than the regular "Current discharge warning" messages and the battery has been used 15 times.

Battery status

Battery status
2014-12-6
Use props
crc2004
lvl.2
United States

It's ashamed that these issues are never forwarded to the DJI software developers. I was told by DJI customer support that they (customer support) have no ability to communicate with the software developers.
2014-12-6
Use props
huntarr
lvl.2

United States

I had this same thing just happen to me.  2nd Flight.  Tried to do another mission and the same thing happened a few seconds after autopilot engaged.  

Decided to finish the remaining flight time on GPS control and everything was fine.  I feel it has something to do with the Ground Control software. (Android)

2014-12-6
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

In my opinion, what the notification is trying to tell you is that, given that distance, this mission may welll involve your battery dropping below 30% before you're back home. It's giving you the choice of whether you want to continue or abort.

I'm not sure this is the case; it's phrased a bit iffy, but it would make sense.
2014-12-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

insitb@singnet. Posted at 2014-12-7 09:18
In my opinion, what the notification is trying to tell you is that, given that distance, this missio ...

I was thinking the same as his flight plan is almost a mile.  It's a possibility.
2014-12-6
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Could it be asking for permission to override the failsafe given the mission? , Cancel = continue mission, Ok=failsafe activated.
2014-12-6
Use props
thomaskim558
lvl.3
Flight distance : 865177 ft
South Korea

try to update the firmware else buy a new one
2014-12-6
Use props
huntarr
lvl.2

United States

ah, ok.  So it's kind of a screwed up warning?  I did keep selecting RTH. So instead I should have selected "cancel" and it would have tried to complete the mission?  Very poorly thought out prompt.  The wording should have be "Continue" / "Return to Home"  
"Cancel" does not lead you to believe your going to continue your mission. Does that make sense?

I'll test this out tomorrow.
Firmware is all uptodate, even batteries
2014-12-6
Use props
crc2004
lvl.2
United States

Would be nice if DJI would respond, isn't that the point of this DJI forum?
2014-12-7
Use props
b.w.j
Second Officer

Denmark

Try to check the cells in battery.
take battery out of phantom, Press and hold the red bottom on battery until it blinks, if one of the 4 green lamps blinks, it indicates one or more bad cells in battery.
2014-12-7
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

b.w.j@joergense Posted at 2014-12-8 05:17
Try to check the cells in battery.
take battery out of phantom, Press and hold the red bottom on bat ...

In his screenshot. it says all 3 cells are reading good.  
Cell1 4174mv
cell2 4172 mv  
cell3 4173 mv
2014-12-7
Use props
b.w.j
Second Officer

Denmark

The readouts can be good, but with test/use it fails
2014-12-8
Use props
MatChen23
lvl.2
China

It looks like you have checked the battery and everything seems to be normal. But how about the firmware? Did you upgrate it before your flight?
2014-12-8
Use props
Dboy
lvl.3

China

1. According to your assistant software, what's the vision of battery loader and firmware?
2. How's the circumstance temp and have your craft suffer serious drop before?
2014-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules