Dji Avata trust issues
2316 25 2023-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc99bbb51
lvl.1
France

Hello,

Just like many users, I encountered some tumble issues with my Avata.
I used it yesterday about 30 minutes (3 batteries) and i had the tumble issue 4 times. I wasn’t even flying aggressively… Three times, the avata recovered mostly instantly, but one time it fell on the ground with a very strange behavior. Fortunately, it seem that there is no damage.

Another day, when i crashed it in the grass at low speed, instead of staying on the ground as i put down the gas controller, it starded to gain altitude very quickly. After a few second, it finally stood still in the air in normal mode, far from it’s crash zone.

I love flying this drone but i don’t trust it anymore.
I can’t fly it like i should, only because of this tumble and behaviour issues.

Will this be fixed ? Is it common to every other avata drone or is there some that don’t bug like mine ?

Thank you in advance for your answer and sorry for my approximate english
2023-4-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. DJI Avata has a built-in propeller guard that may increase flight resistance, especially when flying sideways though it can improve product performance and flight safety. Thus, in a strong wind environment, if the drone turns around at high speeds, or takes a sudden brake when flying sideways at high speeds, the flight attitude may be abnormal. And since the drone crashed multiple times, and is now exhibiting abnormal behaviors, we recommend you send it back for a proper diagnosis. Our team can perform a Data Analysis to determine the cause of the accident. Please note that warranty service will be applied depending on the analysis result and the warranty status of the drone. If you decide to send it, you may directly submit a repair case at (repair.dji.com), or contact our Customer Support for more details about the process. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-4-1
Use props
djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 4-1 21:46
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. DJI Avata has a built-in propeller guard that may increase flight resistance, especially when flying sideways though it can improve product performance and flight safety. Thus, in a strong wind environment, if the drone turns around at high speeds, or takes a sudden brake when flying sideways at high speeds, the flight attitude may be abnormal. And since the drone crashed multiple times, and is now exhibiting abnormal behaviors, we recommend you send it back for a proper diagnosis. Our team can perform a Data Analysis to determine the cause of the accident. Please note that warranty service will be applied depending on the analysis result and the warranty status of the drone. If you decide to send it, you may directly submit a repair case at (repair.dji.com), or contact our Customer Support for more details about the process. We appreciate your understanding.

Dont Lie,
Its not because the wind
I had also the same issue and send it to DJI service and you guys told me that is my fault

Which is joke ofcourse  but its not possible to discuss with you because You only see pilot error  except pilot is youtuber with subscribers.

2023-4-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv Posted at 4-2 07:45
Dont Lie,
Its not because the wind
I had also the same issue and send it to DJI service and you guys told me that is my fault

We understand why you feel that way. We apologize for the unpleasant experience. If you decide not to send it in, we respect that. But, in case you change your mind, please proceed with the instructions posted above. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-4-2
Use props
djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 4-2 23:51
We understand why you feel that way. We apologize for the unpleasant experience. If you decide not to send it in, we respect that. But, in case you change your mind, please proceed with the instructions posted above. Thanks for your understanding.

Tony,

I sent already my drone to DJI service and I got feedback that is my fault, which is ofcourse not true I do not got explain why drone go uncontroll way after crash, only that its pilot  fault.

Your service is unprofessional, except You are Youtuber.

I paid a lot for this drone and for DJI care service, and thats bu****t that this is pilot error.
You can only say "thank you for understading"
no. I understand GEPRC drones, I lost money for avata and You do nothing.
2023-4-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv Posted at 4-3 00:04
Tony,

I sent already my drone to DJI service and I got feedback that is my fault, which is ofcourse not true  I do not got explain why drone go uncontroll way after crash, only that its pilot  fault.

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will check the details and reply to you here asap.
Please wait for our update here.
2023-4-3
Use props
djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-3 17:41

Natalia,

sorry, You will check and nothing will happen.

In Your manual / instruction there is information that DJI avata can be used for freestyle or race.

How it can be? I am really curious how it will happen when this cases will go to the court.
because Dji trying to convience people that is pilot error and nothing can be done.
This is not true, in addition I didnt get info WHY drone after crash are flying AWAY.

the crash is one thing, but the FLYING away after crash is so freaking dangerous, and you can say only that is pilot error? ;) hah.
no sorry
2023-4-4
Use props
djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-3 17:41

in addition, if You are Youtube - like I said. - RobHk

After You crash, You will got information from DJI that is "control board manfunction" but if You are not - crap, thats pillot error
cmon Dji, You are better than this ;)
2023-4-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv Posted at 4-4 00:23
Natalia,

sorry, You will check and nothing will happen.

Hi, djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv
We are double-confirming this case with our relevant team.
If we have any updates, we will get back to you soon.
Thanks for your patience in advance.
2023-4-4
Use props
djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-4 04:19
Hi, djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv
We are double-confirming this case with our relevant team.
If we have any updates, we will get back to you soon.

Hi,

in addition today I received my drone from DJI as DJI do nothing... and You lost my gimball protector and I havent it in pack great.

2023-4-5
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

This is interesting. Waiting for the next chapter...
2023-4-5
Use props
fansc99bbb51
lvl.1
France

I made some experiences today in a field, far from any danger and there is no wind at all.

I started by flying slowly, making long turns with a very little yaw to find where is the limit.

And it turns out the it is very short, third turn and my drone tumbled. It didn’t recovered at all and fell on the ground. It then, just like before, started to fly crazy without any controll and with a tilt at -60 degrees.

No damage on the drone but i now have no trust in this drone, even by flying slower than a mavic. I think it’s not is purpose.

And fuck the pilot error some argue, there is no way it is.

Btw, sorry for my english.
2023-4-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv Posted at 4-5 04:30
Hi,

in addition today I received my drone from DJI as DJI do nothing... and You lost my gimball protector and I havent it in pack  great.

Hi, djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv.
We noticed our relevant team has sent you a related email today, may we confirm if you received it already?
2023-4-5
Use props
djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-5 23:24
We noticed our relevant team has sent you a related email today, may we confirm if you received it already?

Hi Natalia,

I do not receive it, unfortunatelly.

Can You double check? My e-mail is sta.wysocki@gmail.com
2023-4-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv Posted at 4-5 23:39
Hi Natalia,

I do not receive it, unfortunatelly.

Sorry for the belated reply and thanks for your update, we will ask the team to resend you the email asap.
Please don't worry.
2023-4-6
Use props
djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-6 01:55
Sorry for the belated reply and thanks for your update, we will ask the team to resend you the email asap.
Please don't worry.

Thank You  i am waiting then.
If i will not get it i will inform You also
2023-4-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv Posted at 4-6 02:28
Thank You  i am waiting then.
If i will not get it i will inform You also

Hello, djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv, may we know if you have received our email?
2023-4-7
Use props
djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-7 01:10
Hello, djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv, may we know if you have received our email?

Dear Natalia, yes i received e mail about lost of camera protector.

I appreciate support in that case, however there was no comment about "pilot error" and lack of controll of drone after tumble and crash
2023-4-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv Posted at 4-7 04:35
Dear Natalia, yes i received e mail about lost of camera protector.

I appreciate support in that case, however there was no comment about "pilot error" and lack of controll of drone after tumble and crash

We have confirmed this problem with our engineer already, below are more details FYR:
After a crash, the aircraft may cause damage to the components inside the aircraft fuselage, such as GPS, power system, and navigation system.
If there is a problem with the navigation system, but the power system is not damaged badly to be unable to fly at all, the aircraft will fly randomly.  
At this time, the problem you encountered may appear - the pilot does not operate, and the aircraft is flying randomly.And for your problem of "pilot error", we will confirm details and reply to you here asap.
Hope this helps and if there is anything else that we can help you with, please feel free to let us know. We will do our best to help.

2023-4-9
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 877999 ft
Germany

fansc99bbb51 Posted at 4-5 08:59
I made some experiences today in a field, far from any danger and there is no wind at all.

I started by flying slowly, making long turns with a very little yaw to find where is the limit.

Can confirm the same behavior for my First Drone and the second Drone I received after the Drone crashed itself. Got the Yaw spin multiple times and if you fly somewhere near the Ground you will crash relative surely.

Happened to me today multiple times. I have lost all faith in this Drone already because it's unpredictable when this ... happens, sometimes it's just a slow yaw move and it turns 180deg on the Head and other times it can turn sharp.
Don't know why they even advertised it for the Controller and Manual mode if its clearly not able to fly with it... Wouldn't bought it first place if I had known this if you learned flying Manual there's no way back to the Motion TBH...

I tested it with the new Firmware, It's still unpredictable and not Fun to fly at all.... Have the feeling they lowered even the rate when it jumps out of manual it flew multiple times straight direction Ground since the Update because I trained much the last weeks most times I was able to catch it, but you can throw the footage down the bin when it happens... Really dunno what purpose this drone could still fit for me other than flying super slowly...

Think I will not post any more footage here because so many videos exists and DJI still tells us its Pilot error, think they just don't care... If you will do anything and footage would help, feel free to contact me. I can provocate this error 100% like 20 times in 1 accu (without wind)
2023-4-10
Use props
djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-9 17:38
We have confirmed this problem with our engineer already, below are more details FYR:
After a crash, the aircraft may cause damage to the components inside the aircraft fuselage, such as GPS, power system, and navigation system.

Hi Natalia,

can You please read what You wrote?

after a CRASH gps system can be damaged. OK thats probablly true, but when I sent my drone to You, and You checked the Drone, NOTHING excecpt propeller guard (cosmetic) was broken or damaged - thats Your technical department opinion.
So how the hell, You are saying that GPS was damaged?

guys, really, are You reading what You are posting, or Your technical department have no idea what they are doing?

2023-4-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv Posted at 4-10 21:46
Hi Natalia,

can You please read what You wrote?

Hi, there. Sorry for the belated reply and confusion.   

To better explain the components inside the fuselage of the drone, we have given some examples which include GPS systems and other systems like power system and navigation system. We hope it helps to make the problem easier to understand.

For the problem (drone out of control after rollover and crash), here are more details: Because your drone has crashed before, there may be damage to the component fuselage. At this time, the problem you encountered may appear-the drone will fly randomly.

Regarding your problem about the pilot error: After a detailed check, it was found that you were flying forward and turning sharply at full speed, which was the cause of the accident.

If you still have any related questions or needs, you can tell us here, we will contact our engineer again and get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you again for your support.

2023-4-11
Use props
djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-11 02:41

To better explain the components inside the fuselage of the drone, we have given some examples which include GPS systems and other systems like power system and navigation system. We hope it helps to make the problem easier to understand.

Hi Natalia,

After detailed check this fly out problem i had during my first flight of avata, and first crash and also later, so your teorry is bad.
After detailed check i was flying around 35-40km/h so this is full speed? Dont lie, please.
I never flight avata on full speed. Can You please check what was the speed of flight? I checked even on Your raport, it was 11 m/s, this is full speed of avata?

Why You are still trying to tell me that it was pilot error, as even you are not trying to check everything.

Really?

2023-4-11
Use props
djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv
lvl.2
Poland

any comment to my above post? ;)

2023-4-12
Use props
djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv
lvl.2
Poland

Thank You for not answering!  
2023-4-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv Posted at 4-12 07:27
any comment to my above post? ;)

Thanks for your waiting here and I am sincerely sorry for the belated reply. We noticed that you have contacted our relevant team for the same problem via Email before. We have asked them to re-check the related feedback again and ask them to help you more with this issue.
Please rest assured that they will contact you ASAP.

2023-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules