2nd remote control
710 5 2015-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nebelung
lvl.3
Flight distance : 613615 ft
United States

The question is whether the 2nd remote control can be changed from functioning as Master to Slave and back again?

I currently have one remote control, or I should rather say HAD one remote control. The USB port that connects to the tablet went bad and now it's in that 8 week limbo in LA (seriously, those repair times have to improve). So I am thinking of ordering another RC in the meantime. I'd use it to fly my Inspire while the original RC is on vacation and would want to change it to being the Slave once the original RC is back.

I think that should be doable, but before I spend that money, it would be great if someone could confirm that that would work.

Thanks a lot.
2015-8-22
Use props
pandppurchase
lvl.3

United Kingdom

No problem, you can reset any controller to work as a master or slave in the software application. They are both exactly the same unit, makes no difference.

phil
2015-8-22
Use props
nebelung
lvl.3
United States

pandppurchase@g Posted at 2015-8-23 03:11
No problem, you can reset any controller to work as a master or slave in the software application. T ...

Thanks for confirming that, Phil. Much appreciated.
2015-8-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Yep, it is easy to switch them.
2015-8-22
Use props
bckgibbons
lvl.1

United States

I'm bumping the service comment, so far it's been 3 months!
2015-8-22
Use props
nebelung
lvl.3
United States

Just a quick follow up.

On the day that I was going to order my 2nd RC, I also got an e-mail from the service center in LA telling me that upon checking in my original RC, they determined that it would be best to replace it, instead of trying to repair it. So less than 2 weeks after I sent mine in, I am back in business without having had to order a 2nd RC.

I'll probably still buy the 2nd RC eventually. But it's nice to be able to wait until I need it. And yes, hopefully things are improving at the repair center. It sure worked fine for me. Thank DJI.
2015-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules