2014 12 2023-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Sketcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122241 ft
United States

Is this normal?

When my drone first starts, the Pro remote screen shows N Mode even though the switch is on C
If I switch to N and then back to C, it correctly shows C mode.

All updates have been applied.
2023-4-3
Use props
Mirek_62
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45171 ft
Czechia

Yes, it's normal. It's a simple switch and the drone doesn't test the switch position when it's turned on.
2023-4-3
Use props
Drone Sketcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122241 ft
United States

Mirek_62 Posted at 4-3 07:43
Yes, it's normal. It's a simple switch and the drone doesn't test the switch position when it's turned on.

Thanks!
I never noticed it before
I definitely need to get out more.
2023-4-3
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

It's sport mode protection.
2023-4-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone.Hunter Posted at 4-3 07:47
It's sport mode protection.

I would suspect it also 'ignores' the switch position if the switch is set to "cine''.

When the drone is first switched on and connects to the controller and if the controller's flight mode switch is not set to N then the drone defaults to N mode. To set the drone to any other mode the switch must first be moved to N and then to the chosen postiton.
This does not apply any subsequent flights during the same drone switch on,  i.e. you could land and take off in sports mode or cine mode.
I have not experimented with what happens if the controller is switched off between flights 1 & 2 duing the same drone switch on

2023-4-3
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I see it as kind of a protection as well: Always starting in the same mode to always have the same starting experience adds a portion of security.
2023-4-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It is normal that the aircraft will take off in Normal mode. Try to switch modes when you already hovering 15 meters or above and check if the issue persists. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-4-3
Use props
Frank071
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128586 ft
Netherlands

_SoP_ Posted at 4-3 07:59
I see it as kind of a protection as well: Always starting in the same mode to always have the same starting experience adds a portion of security.

Well... I am not sure I agree. The switch is very prominent and offers distinct visual feedback, so I find it a negative security feature if it does not reflect the active mode. If DJI wants to protect users from starting in Sports mode after RC power up (which is a good thought), then it could do so in the software (ie. a popup saying 'switch back to Normal' or asking 'Are you sure you want to start in Sports mode'). But to have a switch detached from its state is, sorry to say, a wrong UX design.
2023-4-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Frank071 Posted at 4-4 02:40
Well... I am not sure I agree. The switch is very prominent and offers distinct visual feedback, so I find it a negative security feature if it does not reflect the active mode. If DJI wants to protect users from starting in Sports mode after RC power up (which is a good thought), then it could do so in the software (ie. a popup saying 'switch back to Normal' or asking 'Are you sure you want to start in Sports mode'). But to have a switch detached from its state is, sorry to say, a wrong UX design.

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. I will forward this suggestion of yours to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-4-24
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Most expensive RC radio do beep at you if any of the switches are not in the normal flight mode when the radio is turned on. Standard feature..

DJI does achieve the same result by putting the radio back in to normal mode for you. It is one less step, less noise and it works... Having a visual warning, it is just again an extra step... Not really necessary...
2023-4-25
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

never mind, i thought i was in the avata forum.
2023-4-25
Use props
5ambird
lvl.1

Austria

I am happy that this protection exists. I usually use N mode. Yesterday I ended my flight in S mode. Today I started the drone and did an active track (with switch position on S which I wasn't aware of). The drone lost me in a corner, flew straight ahead and stopped right before a tree. I guess it wouldn't have stopped if it would have been in S mode? Or are the obstacle sensors always on in active track even in Sports Mode?
2023-4-28
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

5ambird Posted at 4-28 01:56
I am happy that this protection exists. I usually use N mode. Yesterday I ended my flight in S mode. Today I started the drone and did an active track (with switch position on S which I wasn't aware of). The drone lost me in a corner, flew straight ahead and stopped right before a tree. I guess it wouldn't have stopped if it would have been in S mode? Or are the obstacle sensors always on in active track even in Sports Mode?

then maybe enabling the drone in active track should default to N mode.

it takes me less than 2 minutes to land, change batteries, take off again.  i don't need the drone keep putting me back into N mode.  we love the "protection" but it's excessive and we're only asking dji to implement a switch so that those of us who don't care for the protection can turn it off going forward.  at a minimum, this shouldnt happen unless the remote is turned off, not just the drone only.  that would be my request to dji.
2023-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules