956 7 2023-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's your chance to get the DJI FPV for a low price although it is a refurb.

You'll get the drone plus battery, Goggles V2, and RC2 (not sure if the accessories are refurbs)

Mixed reports on condition of refurb drones but you should get a chance to inspect it and it's probably better than when you crash your own drone the first time.

For US$549 this is a steal and I'm thinking about getting a 2nd one (will sell V2 and RC2) and keep drone/battery.  Now is a good time before the new FPV launches and if the new accessories become compatible with the old equipment, it will be even more valuable.

I have both the Avata and FPV and while the Avata is great for the new flyer, I enjoy the FPV immensely.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/gee ... 768.p?skuId=6513768

2023-4-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great price for a refurb, but the reviews on that link are really bad.
2023-4-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-4 02:52
Great price for a refurb, but the reviews on that link are really bad.

yes i see there are really lousy reviews and in some of the other forums, i see the negative comments as well.  however, i also see that some people got a great drone.  the suggestion is to inspect the purchase immediately (on site if you can) and if it's not to your satisfaction, return it immediately.  this may or may not work for orders that are shipped so if you want to mitigate the risk, order for store pickup.  my understanding is no charge or fee for returns within policy.  you should be able to immediately tell if you have junk or pretty good equipment.

for me, knowing that i will crash for sure, i could get care refresh+ for $159 and pay $269 for the replacement or i can buy this package for $549 and sell the goggles v2 and rc2 (for cheap) and keep the drone plus battery.
2023-4-4
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-4 02:52
Great price for a refurb, but the reviews on that link are really bad.

Really really bad. Ouch! A hard pass for me.
2023-4-4
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

I picked one up last week....All that was missing was the Gimbal Protector. It activated, updated, and flies just fine. No visible damage or signs of "rough" use.
But yes, you CAN get some junk from Best Buy "Open Box/Refurbished". Best to either pick it up locally or shipped to a local store and get a good look before walking out with it....
I bought a new Avata combo that came with the Goggles2 but having a big head and wearing Glasses and astigmatism to boot, I couldn't get the Goggles2 to have a decent image. Not to mention that the Goggles2 /Avata need to have a device running the Fly app connected by a cable to the Goggles2  to take off (remote ID)   So, Since I like the GogglesV2 better anyway and the FPV came with them and a Controller....I figure, just adding up the prices of those separately, I got the FPV for free!    The FPV is nice and fun for just ripping around (60 mph in Sport) ...not even in manual mode yet.
2023-4-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 4-4 07:42
yes i see there are really lousy reviews and in some of the other forums, i see the negative comments as well.  however, i also see that some people got a great drone.  the suggestion is to inspect the purchase immediately (on site if you can) and if it's not to your satisfaction, return it immediately.  this may or may not work for orders that are shipped so if you want to mitigate the risk, order for store pickup.  my understanding is no charge or fee for returns within policy.  you should be able to immediately tell if you have junk or pretty good equipment.

for me, knowing that i will crash for sure, i could get care refresh+ for $159 and pay $269 for the replacement or i can buy this package for $549 and sell the goggles v2 and rc2 (for cheap) and keep the drone plus battery.

No doubt it is a good deal if you can inspect it before leaving the store.  
2023-4-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 4-4 11:30
Really really bad. Ouch! A hard pass for me.

Definitely fits the phrase Caveat Emptor (Buyer beware).
2023-4-5
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ha! Which takes me back to Latin 2 decades ago in high school. Caveat venditor, as I can be a real bear when it comes to shoddy deals from Best Buy.
2023-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules