IMG_7557.jpeg
2023-4-6
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Is there any information for the specs of camera?
2023-4-7
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

I think DJI still have a lot to improve on the 2 camera system before they consider a third camera. If the camera drama like the Mavic 3 happens again, I'll miss it. I certainly won't be considering this drone for the first six months after the announcement.
Interesting questions will be whether the size of the sensor of the main camera is kept, is the lens of the main camera improved? And one more important question: is the weight of the drone under 900 grams?
2023-4-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KnNLmS Posted at 4-7 00:35
Is there any information for the specs of camera?

Not seen any specs but I did see this better view of it

2023-4-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KokoFresha Posted at 4-7 00:37
I think DJI still have a lot to improve on the 2 camera system before they consider a third camera. If the camera drama like the Mavic 3 happens again, I'll miss it. I certainly won't be considering this drone for the first six months after the announcement.
Interesting questions will be whether the size of the sensor of the main camera is kept, is the lens of the main camera improved? And one more important question: is the weight of the drone under 900 grams?

So far Ive not seen any specs,   but the 900g thing doesn't matter in the UK now as we don't use the C classification system.
2023-4-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That tri-camera arrangement is interesting.  No doubt this will be an expensive combo when paired with the RC Pro.  
2023-4-7
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-7 03:27
That tri-camera arrangement is interesting.  No doubt this will be an expensive combo when paired with the RC Pro.

Should we...........      
2023-4-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

KokoFresha Posted at 4-7 00:37
I think DJI still have a lot to improve on the 2 camera system before they consider a third camera. If the camera drama like the Mavic 3 happens again, I'll miss it. I certainly won't be considering this drone for the first six months after the announcement.
Interesting questions will be whether the size of the sensor of the main camera is kept, is the lens of the main camera improved? And one more important question: is the weight of the drone under 900 grams?

I think DJI still have a lot to improve on the 2 camera system before they consider a third camera.
..., is the lens of the main camera improved?

What needs to be improved with the Mavic 3's camera?
I haven't noticed any issues with mine and it's been great since new.
2023-4-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 4-7 07:03
Should we...........

ive already made up my mind to get one as long as the price is not super high.  i already have rc pro and a bunch of accessories so i will need a minimal package option which i know dji is sometimes slow to come out with.
2023-4-7
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Honestly what I could see the spec on this drone being is it keeps the 4/3 camera from the rest of the Mavic 3 line with the same 5.1k video but I wouldn’t be surprised if maybe they upped it to 5.4k or maybe add 60fps to it and same with the zoom lens as well but then again maybe slight upgrades in quality and range but what I think the third camera is for is 4k vertical like the mini 3 pro. Cause I new some day they would haft to add that to the premium Mavic line but was always curious on how they would integrate it on the Mavic where it would be to bulky in the front cause can you imagine if the Mavic 3 had the same two mandibles in the front like the mini 3 pro how that would be to hold  its camera, definitely not a good look so that’s what I personally think on a base guess of specs for this unit. I am also in love with how cool that camera set up looks!
2023-4-7
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm betting we'll see an Air 3 this month. And the Mavic 3 Pro? Not sold at all on its' existence. Place your bets!
2023-4-7
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Wow, is the 3rd camera a 'super wide'? I'd say I'll buy it if it officially supports the 4G cellular dongle in other countries other than just China; while quite a few people will say No SDK, No Sale...LOLLLLL
2023-4-7
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

2023-4-7
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

sorry, i have no rights to edit it, please remove the #14 post
2023-4-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Personally I think it would be great if DJI did stop releasing weekly drones and did concentrate a bit more on finishing removing existing bugs and missing options from the rest of the fleet...`
Then, once the house is seriously sorted out, by all means, do release another drone...

Every manufacture in the world that goes down this path, has ended up selling real crap. Oh, but it is ok, it has the word Pro in the description...

I just bought another Pro product, with a 48mp camera... Meh...

End of rant...
2023-4-7
Use props
Jake. A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Thats not going to be cheap.
2023-4-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

nightfly Posted at 4-7 13:45
sorry, i have no rights to edit it, please remove the #14 post

Do you want to keep n. 15 ?
2023-4-7
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Give it a SDK, and I will buy it.  Give it the same turn your back treatment, and this one can sit on the shelf until the 4 or ____ comes out.
2023-4-7
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Maybe all lenses will be Hasselbland with equal quality maybe with dlog  and the recording will be continuous switching the lenses, I think 900grams will still be as the difference for the third camera will be 3-4grams more, DJI can equalize this by removing some plastic from the main body
2023-4-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 4-7 14:00
Personally I think it would be great if DJI did stop releasing weekly drones and did concentrate a bit more on finishing removing existing bugs and missing options from the rest of the fleet...`
Then, once the house is seriously sorted out, by all means, do release another drone...

agreed they need to do more with sw updates and features but those releases don't impact new product launches.  if anything they take too long (ala air, fpv).  being the #1, i think they are setting the pace for the industry which imho is rather slow (autel, skydio)
2023-4-7
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 4-7 11:11
I'm betting we'll see an Air 3 this month. And the Mavic 3 Pro? Not sold at all on its' existence. Place your bets!

Mavic 3 pro yes,but with this release I don't think there will be an Air 3 for a while now.
Late fall at the earliest,The Inspire 3 is being released in a matter of days,followed up
by the Mavic 3 pro.The Air 3 I do not believe is a priority right now.
2023-4-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

The Saint Posted at 4-7 17:38
agreed they need to do more with sw updates and features but those releases don't impact new product launches.  if anything they take too long (ala air, fpv).  being the #1, i think they are setting the pace for the industry which imho is rather slow (autel, skydio)

I think you will find that it is actually a very vicious circle...

You buy a drone and then you wait another year+ for the updates and firmware to give you the advertised drone that you purchased, while in the meantime they release two new drone where the camera features are getting better but some of the settings have been removed or replace or promised in a future update yet again..

So now while you have two half baked drones with all the features that you need but spit across both drones and still not available in one single unit, they also are having to distribute the workforce on two or more different firmware, and of course new bugs because in 6 month they really had no time to test the units themselves properly, so they use us, the customers...

To me, it looks like a daisy chain of unfinished product...

Prime example is the Mavic 3... Lots of people are still waiting for the SDK compatibility...

The Mini 3 Pro that heats up like a toaster...

An application that can't connect to their server...

The RC Pro that has 2 flimsy antennas that always crack...

A radio that is compatible with one drone but not the next...

DJI can make great products, they only need to stop dicking around and get serious about it...

Fix all the current mess, then move on onto new and better projects... IMO

I'm going to fly my drone now... Fingers crossed...
2023-4-7
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

In theory, I love any new drone with a better camera system, but my next purchase does not HAVE to be DJI.  If they do a SDK for this, then it is worth making the jump.  If not, time is on my side.  
2023-4-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Burt37 Posted at 4-7 19:49
I think you will find that it is actually a very vicious circle...

You buy a drone and then you wait another year+ for the updates and firmware to give you the advertised drone that you purchased, while in the meantime they release two new drone where the camera features are getting better but some of the settings have been removed or replace or promised in a future update yet again..

You buy a drone and then you wait another year+ for the updates and firmware to give you the advertised drone that you purchased
This is a myth.
Almost all new DJI models are just fine on release.
Even the Mavic 3 was at first, until DJI made a mess of one firmware update and took months to fix that.
But that was an exception.
2023-4-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Labroides Posted at 4-7 21:38
You buy a drone and then you wait another year+ for the updates and firmware to give you the advertised drone that you purchased
This is a myth.
Almost all new DJI models are just fine on release.

A Muyth... Almost all new DJI... And that was an exception...

Did the Mavic 3 when first released already had the Waypoint option available?

It doesn't really matter, I'm happy with both my current drones, and considering what my first drone did look like and cost me 15 years ago, we (and I mean DJI) have done giant step forward, (I also had DJI NAZA H in most of my scale helis in 2012),  but you can't tell me that DJI lately, operates in a diligent manner...

I have been customer of SZ DJI for a very long time and I can see the difference from back then... Everything is rushed now...

Still, it's an exciting time to be alive...

2023-4-7
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'll bet it's a 24mm, 50mm and 100mm combo. I would be very very happy with this.

What'll be interesting is how much this might eat into the Inspire 3's market.
2023-4-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 4-7 23:48
I'll bet it's a 24mm, 50mm and 100mm combo. I would be very very happy with this.

What'll be interesting is how much this might eat into the Inspire 3's market.

Sadly for me in the UK it's guaranteed this will be too heavy for my usage.  
2023-4-7
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Maybe all lenses will be Hasselbland

There is no Hasselblad lenses (or other hardware) in any DJI drone. DJI owns the Hasselblad name, and can use it as they wish. They have cooperated with Hasselblad and Ming Thein when developing the colour processing of the image from the sensor in the Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 3. But it is effective marketing to have the Hasselblad logo on the front of a drone's camera :-)
Just like mobile phones with the Zeiss or Leica logo. People are easily fooled to beleive they get the same image quality as from a Leica camera and lens. (spoiler: they don't)
2023-4-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ArcticPhoto Posted at 4-8 00:50
Maybe all lenses will be Hasselbland

There is no Hasselblad lenses (or other hardware) in any DJI drone. DJI owns the Hasselblad name, and can use it as they wish. They have cooperated with Hasselblad and Ming Thein when developing the colour processing of the image from the sensor in the Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 3. But it is effective marketing to have the Hasselblad logo on the front of a drone's camera :-)

I think you replied to the main post and not replied to a reply about the lens.
2023-4-8
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

DAFlys Posted at 4-8 00:58
I think you replied to the main post and not replied to a reply about the lens.

You are right, I replied to post #21
2023-4-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ArcticPhoto Posted at 4-8 01:43
You are right, I replied to post #21

If you press the reply button under the post the OP will get a notification.  
2023-4-8
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

Labroides Posted at 4-7 07:14
I think DJI still have a lot to improve on the 2 camera system before they consider a third camera.
..., is the lens of the main camera improved?
What needs to be improved with the Mavic 3's camera?

You have asked me this question many times and I have answered it many times. I take your comment as nagging!
2023-4-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

KokoFresha Posted at 4-8 02:09
You have asked me this question many times and I have answered it many times. I take your comment as nagging!

Sorry .. I don't remember.
It can't have been very convincing.
2023-4-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 4-7 07:03
Should we...........

Tempted, but need to see the full specs first.  
2023-4-8
Use props
djiuser_hTq6m0J6wiWR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5325735 ft
China

2023-4-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wow. great shot of the camera.  
2023-4-9
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-7 23:57
Sadly for me in the UK it's guaranteed this will be too heavy for my usage.

Get an OSC. I can help you if you need guidance. I have the C1 5M rule for all my drones up to the Inspire 2.
2023-4-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 4-10 04:13
Get an OSC. I can help you if you need guidance. I have the C1 5M rule for all my drones up to the Inspire 2.

I’m not sure I’d be granted an OSC for recreational flight and even if they would it’s not really cost effective.  
2023-4-10
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-10 04:29
I’m not sure I’d be granted an OSC for recreational flight and even if they would it’s not really cost effective.

Ah, I thought you were a commercial operator. Would be a bit keen to get an OSC for that!
2023-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules