Gimbal problems
627 11 2023-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MetaFlexa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40823 ft
Hungary

I am having problems with gimbal movement settings. When I am on the ground and not flying then the gimbal settings I have saved on RC work perfectly but when I get into the air the gimbal seems to reset and is way too fast when moving up and down. I have it set in the Gain & Expo tuning section at 10 for the Tilt speed and it acts like it is at 50 or higher. Any thoughts as to why? Again, it’s fine when on the ground. Thx
2023-4-7
Use props
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

Did you set the Gain & Expo under all 3 tabs (cine, normal and sport) ?
2023-4-7
Use props
MetaFlexa
lvl.2
Hungary

Lieutenant Posted at 4-7 04:13
Did you set the Gain & Expo under all 3 tabs (cine, normal and sport) ?

Yes I did: 10, 50, 58
2023-4-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, MetaFlexa. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you're changing the flight mode after taking off the drone? If yes, which mode were you in before taking off and after you change it? If not, can you please provide a video of the operation for further checking? Thank you.
2023-4-7
Use props
MetaFlexa
lvl.2
Hungary

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-7 19:55
Hi, MetaFlexa. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you're changing the flight mode after taking off the drone? If yes, which mode were you in before taking off and after you change it? If not, can you please provide a video of the operation for further checking? Thank you.

Thanks for the reply. I start in N mode and then switch to C. My C setting for gimbal is set much slower than N. And when I am on the ground and the drone is idle then the gimbal tilt movement is working perfectly and is very slow. But when I get in the air and start recording then it seems to reset and tilt  becomes very fast. All the other Expo & Gain settings work perfectly. It’s just the tilt which changes when in flight and recording. It worked perfectly before the latest firmware update. Thanks
2023-4-7
Use props
Sky Surf Media
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2364029 ft
United Kingdom

You are not alone, I have the same issue (along with Roy on MavicPilot forum).
I've reinstalled the latest firmware via DJI Assistant 2, but still the same.

DJI RC 01.02.0600
App 1.9.9
Aircraft 01.00.0500

Can DJI provide a fix for this glitch?
2023-4-8
Use props
MetaFlexa
lvl.2
Hungary

Sky Surf Media Posted at 4-8 01:34
You are not alone, I have the same issue (along with Roy on MavicPilot forum).
I've reinstalled the latest firmware via DJI Assistant 2, but still the same.

Wow this is good to know that I am not alone :-) thx
2023-4-8
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

MetaFlexa Posted at 4-8 01:55
Wow this is good to know that I am not alone :-) thx

Set obstacle avoidance to braking, then everything will work as it should. It's everyone's problem
2023-4-8
Use props
MetaFlexa
lvl.2
Hungary

Drone.Hunter Posted at 4-8 03:09
Set obstacle avoidance to braking, then everything will work as it should. It's everyone's problem

thank you! much appreciated
2023-4-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MetaFlexa Posted at 4-7 20:49
Thanks for the reply. I start in N mode and then switch to C. My C setting for gimbal is set much slower than N. And when I am on the ground and the drone is idle then the gimbal tilt movement is working perfectly and is very slow. But when I get in the air and start recording then it seems to reset and tilt  becomes very fast. All the other Expo & Gain settings work perfectly. It’s just the tilt which changes when in flight and recording. It worked perfectly before the latest firmware update. Thanks

Hi, MetaFlexa. Thank you for the detailed information. Have you tried Drone.Hunter's suggestion? If the issue persists kindly provide us with the following information for further checking:

• Screen recording showing the issue (including the settings made and when the issue occurs).

• DJI RC Logs.
Here's how to get the DJI RC Logs:
Tool preparation:
1. Be sure to install DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) on a computer.
2. Use the USB 3.0 Type-C cable

Operating steps:
1. Power on the DJI RC remote controller and connect it to the computer using the USB 3.0 Type-C cable.
2. Launch DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)
3. After DJI Assistant 2 identifies the DJI RC remote controller, click the connected device name icon.
4. Go to the Menu page and select [Log Export] in the left menu. Next, click the data to be exported and select [Save To Local].
5. After selecting the storage path, please wait until the downloading and compression have been completed.

• Tested time.

Once the required information has been completed, kindly upload the file/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM.
2023-4-10
Use props
MetaFlexa
lvl.2
Hungary

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-10 03:59
Hi, MetaFlexa. Thank you for the detailed information. Have you tried Drone.Hunter's suggestion? If the issue persists kindly provide us with the following information for further checking:

• Screen recording showing the issue (including the settings made and when the issue occurs).

His suggestion works perfectly! Thanks for the follow up
2023-4-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MetaFlexa Posted at 4-10 04:04
His suggestion works perfectly! Thanks for the follow up

Great to know that, MetaFlexa! Thank you for the update, and should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach us again here at DJI Forum. Have a good one!
2023-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules