Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi guys,

Just got back from the Big Island of Hawaii.  Hope you guys can appreciate and enjoy this one!      It's been a rough journey getting to this point where I can actually enjoy a good flight without breaking or crashing anything.  Not all my trips have been this productive (I'm sure you know what I mean).

Ron (RGMG)

2023-4-13
Use props
Jake. A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Good job
2023-4-13
Use props
dwalthers
lvl.1

United States

Quick question:  How to disable OSD on the recorded video?  
2023-4-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Exhilarating footage.   No doubt you had a great trip.  
2023-4-13
Use props
JoeGallimore
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150830 ft

United Kingdom

Awesome! Great to see annother Avata user really getting a lot out of the drone with the motion controller. I honestly can't get enough of mine!
2023-4-13
Use props
JoeGallimore
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150830 ft

United Kingdom

dwalthers Posted at 4-13 10:27
Quick question:  How to disable OSD on the recorded video?

I use the video from the SD card in the avata. Is a little bit fidley but I find it the best and easest to edit with! I think there is an option within the Goggles settings for the OSD
2023-4-13
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Nice low and fast. Beautiful spot.
2023-4-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very nice!
2023-4-13
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes...definitely was!   Glad I had a good day to shoot this.  Sometimes the winds along the coastline don't cooperate so was fortunate when I got there that everything worked out.  There were a few days I tried to fly but just to windy.  
2023-4-14
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank you!  Appreciate that...  
2023-4-14
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dwalthers Posted at 4-13 10:27
Quick question:  How to disable OSD on the recorded video?

No....you can record multiple ways.  In this video it was all with the GoPro10 BONES (made for FPV) mounted directly on-top of the DJI Avata.  It just has better image quality...especially in the shadows and darker areas.   
2023-4-14
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-13 11:56
Exhilarating footage.   No doubt you had a great trip.

Yes!  Great Trip...glad I brought the Avata on this one.  Wasn't sure which drone or FPV I wanted to bring.....think I made the right choice on this trip.  Gotta have the right gear for the job.  
2023-4-14
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JoeGallimore Posted at 4-13 13:41
Awesome! Great to see annother Avata user really getting a lot out of the drone with the motion controller. I honestly can't get enough of mine!

Agreed!  Yes, I really think the Motion Controller is a fantastic tool.   Gives very smooth/cinematic footage ...which is exactly what I wanted for this trip.  I still have other radio controllers but is a lot of situations for filming I just think it does a great job.

Just gotta be careful at times.  I noticed a few times (when was later in day or cloudy) that I wasn't getting a lot of satellites (for GPS), plus was windy.  So, errored on the side of caution on this trip and I think it paid off.  I've done other trips (vacations) where the risk/reward did NOT pay off and it cost me by losing or damaging a few quads.  This was a great trip!  
2023-4-14
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JoeGallimore Posted at 4-13 13:43
I use the video from the SD card in the avata. Is a little bit fidley but I find it the best and easest to edit with! I think there is an option within the Goggles settings for the OSD

Yep...agreed.  Little tricky with that micro-SD card.  In this video I was using the GoPro10 BONES.  Just gives better image quality than the built-in camera on the Avata.
2023-4-14
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 4-13 21:40
Nice low and fast. Beautiful spot.

Yes....I was eying up this spot for a while.  Got lucky and no one else was really in my shot or around this area....which I think always makes the shot look more remote and inviting.   
2023-4-14
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just noticed I posted this under the "FPV" forum...should have put under "AVATA" section.  Don't think I can move it myself. If an ADMIN sees this please feel free to move to the proper forum group under 'AVATA'....thank you.
2023-4-14
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

RGMGFitness Posted at 4-14 05:30
Just noticed I posted this under the "FPV" forum...should have put under "AVATA" section.  Don't think I can move it myself. If an ADMIN sees this please feel free to move to the proper forum group under 'AVATA'....thank you.

No, it should be in the "Works" section.
"Avata" and "fpv" is more technical questions, not "showing off" ;-)
2023-4-14
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 4-14 08:19
No, it should be in the "Works" section.
"Avata" and "fpv" is more technical questions, not "showing off" ;-)

Ah...thx!  I'll be honest...I didn't even know that section was there.  I'll have to start using that one from now on...  
2023-4-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 4-14 05:21
Yes!  Great Trip...glad I brought the Avata on this one.  Wasn't sure which drone or FPV I wanted to bring.....think I made the right choice on this trip.  Gotta have the right gear for the job.

I agree with you on right gear for the job and in this case the Avata was the right gear.  
2023-4-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

RGMGFitness Posted at 4-14 05:18
Yes...definitely was!   Glad I had a good day to shoot this.  Sometimes the winds along the coastline don't cooperate so was fortunate when I got there that everything worked out.  There were a few days I tried to fly but just to windy.

Yeah, that's a bummer.
2023-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules