Metadata in mp4 files
1377 5 2023-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mopperle
New
Germany

Is there a way to get metadata like maker/model in the video files produced by the M2P? I can see it in the dng files (called Hasselblad), but not in the video files. In the mp4 files of the Osmo Pocket the tag 'model' is filled with 'Osmo Pocket'. So why not in the M2P? I would need it for my DAM software.

2023-4-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sadly we wont see any functional updates on the Mavic 2 now,   to old and has long been replaced in the line up.   You could use exiftool tool to add it yourself.
2023-4-14
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Been a while since I've flown a M2P, but if there's an option to record subtitles, then the .SRT file will contain metadata for the flight which you can use in combination with the video.
2023-4-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. We will forward your feedback to our team for confirmation and possible recommendations. We will keep you posted. Thank you.
2023-4-15
Use props
mopperle
New
Germany

Guys, thanks for your suggestions. But meanwhile I realized that Metadata and Video is a total mess. For pictures it is not such a problem, as there are standards what metadata tag has to be used. This ist not the case with videos. I have meanwhile 8 cameras I get videos from and only 2 of them use the same tag for maker/model. All others (even those from the same vendor) use different tags or none (like the M2P). So if DJI decides to use a metadata tag for the model, they might consider the one they use already for the Osmo: Quicktime::Userdata/xa9mdl/model/0
2023-4-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. As confirmed by our engineers, there is no maker/model in the video files. We apologize for the inconvenience. You may check whether third-party software can add this information to the metadata. At the same time, we'll have your feedback recorded and forwarded to the designated team. Moreover, the information that can be viewed when checking video properties through the screen includes file size, file length, video width and height (resolution), marking, remarks, frame rate, bit rate, and other information. We have video subtitles so if there's a need to view GPS information and camera parameter information when recording the video, you just need to enable the subtitle option. Then, the video will automatically store the subtitle file and load the subtitle information when playing the video. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules