o(^-^)o
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Hello DJI.
I have a suggestion if it can be done.

Is there any chance to create a new type of battery for Mavic 3 and more models?

I hear The cycle life of a Lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) battery is more than 4 to 5 times that of other lithium-ion polymer batteries. The operating temperature range is wider and safer.
I know that is more expensive but if they are safer and last 4 times then it will be a game changer if everything else is ok.

Thanks

2023-4-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will forward this suggestion of yours to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-4-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Beware of dubious commercial promises. Li-Ion has a much higher energy density than LiFePO. The more the capacity increases, the more the performance approaches Li-Ion. And as you mention they are safer.

They are mainly intended for photovoltaic installations and large electric vehicles.

For the Lifespan it is rather 2x more than Li-Ion. not 4 or 5.

Between losing flight time + potentially having 1000 charges for the LiFePO
vs
having the max flight time + only 500 charges for the Li-Ion,

I keep the LiFePo without hesitation.

I base myself on the battery of my boat, according to the seller, LiFePO is amazing... not that much!
2023-4-18
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'll hazard a guess that DJI have an impressive R&D department and budget. What you think DJI need is probably last year's news to them.

People seem to struggle to appreciate just how far we've come in ten years, in terms of propulsion and battery technology.
2023-4-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

CloudVisual Posted at 4-19 01:39
I'll hazard a guess that DJI have an impressive R&D department and budget. What you think DJI need is probably last year's news to them.

People seem to struggle to appreciate just how far we've come in ten years, in terms of propulsion and battery technology.

We always want more!

I tried to make a Mavic 3 kind self build drone under 1kg with a 5000mAh 4S LiPo battery. Impossible to reach even 20 minutes by respecting the recommendations of the battery.

2023-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules