Dalwhinnie Distillery, Perthshire
283 11 2023-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albion Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 2605597 ft
United Kingdom

The penultimate footage from our recent North Coast trip, taken en route north and the first flying stop of the day, Dalwhinnie Distillery in the Highlands, just off the A9.

Dalwhinnie is one of the highest located distilleries in Scotland, and produces 'the gentle spirit of the highlands', citing their extreme location as one reason for the sweetness of their malts.

2023-5-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice to see.
Although it seems there are not many trains around there?
2023-5-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lovely views and nice flying.    Hopefully, you had the opportunity to taste their products.  I toured the distillery years back and it was a great tour.  I don't think you'll find a better Highland Whiskey.  
2023-5-16
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-16 12:53
Lovely views and nice flying.    Hopefully, you had the opportunity to taste their products.  I toured the distillery years back and it was a great tour.  I don't think you'll find a better Highland Whiskey.

Thanks... Have done the tour previously, but that day we were there at 830am, so no tour or tasting available for another 90 minutes... Dalwhinnie is a good solid dram, bu there are soo many great whiskies  in the Highlands and Islands it is often difficult to pick a favourite..

Was back at GlenAllachie recently, Billy Walker's latest project after Glendronach, BenRiach and Glenglassaugh, very nice....
2023-5-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We never made it this far - the location looks fantastic.  And then there's the whisky
2023-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats a bit early for taste test.   
2023-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 5-16 20:32
Thanks... Have done the tour previously, but that day we were there at 830am, so no tour or tasting available for another 90 minutes... Dalwhinnie is a good solid dram, bu there are soo many great whiskies  in the Highlands and Islands it is often difficult to pick a favourite..

Was back at GlenAllachie recently, Billy Walker's latest project after Glendronach, BenRiach and Glenglassaugh, very nice....

My pleasure.  Sounds like you are quite the drink connoisseur.  
2023-5-17
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-17 02:53
My pleasure.  Sounds like you are quite the drink connoisseur.

Lol, we have visited all but 2 of the Distilleries in Scotland that have a Visitor Centre and many more than once - it is a good excuse to travel, and to appreciate their products - although we have a decent collection we don't actually drink all that much, perhasp a single malt dram a couple of times a week and the occassional bottle of wine - once or twice a month - and maybe a beer once or twice a month..
2023-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 5-17 02:57
Lol, we have visited all but 2 of the Distilleries in Scotland that have a Visitor Centre and many more than once - it is a good excuse to travel, and to appreciate their products - although we have a decent collection we don't actually drink all that much, perhasp a single malt dram a couple of times a week and the occassional bottle of wine - once or twice a month - and maybe a beer once or twice a month..

Nothing wrong with getting out and seeing the world and tasting the local beverages.  I've currently been to 64 different countries and to be honest I've lost count of the number of local beverages I've tasted.    My goal was to travel to all 195 countries but the C19 pandemic put a damper on my plans.  With 131 more countries to see I need to get going again.  Out of the 64 countries I visited there are only a couple that I would not want to go back to again.
2023-5-17
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-17 11:30
Nothing wrong with getting out and seeing the world and tasting the local beverages.  I've currently been to 64 different countries and to be honest I've lost count of the number of local beverages I've tasted.    My goal was to travel to all 195 countries but the C19 pandemic put a damper on my plans.  With 131 more countries to see I need to get going again.  Out of the 64 countries I visited there are only a couple that I would not want to go back to again.

I'm waaay behind you in countries visited, France, Greece, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, England, Scotland and Wales, and tbh I could stick with Scotland for the rest of my life... Although Iceland and Scandinavia are on my bucket list... Good luck with the other 131...
2023-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 5-17 12:14
I'm waaay behind you in countries visited, France, Greece, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, England, Scotland and Wales, and tbh I could stick with Scotland for the rest of my life... Although Iceland and Scandinavia are on my bucket list... Good luck with the other 131...

Thanks.  I'll definitely make it back to Scotland and Iceland again for sure.  My next trip I need to concentrate on finishing the countries in Oceania.  I've been to Palau, Marshall Islands, Samoa, Micronesia, Fiji, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and Australia.  I still need to get to Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, Kiribati, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Nauru.  After that I'm going to concentrate on the Latin American and Caribbean countries that I haven't visited.  Many of those in the Caribbean I will visit on my live aboard boat.  The Oceania countries I will be flying to.  
2023-5-17
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567024 ft
United Kingdom

Have been past there
2023-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules