1017 29 2023-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Yup April and we still get snow where I live, but it's actually melting fast now. But still long until summer.
Main camera is Osmo Action 3 as always, the best one

2023-4-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OMG.   I cant believe you still have snow.  Incredible.
2023-4-23
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DAFlys Posted at 4-23 23:28
OMG.   I cant believe you still have snow.  Incredible.

We always get snow in late April and also in beginning of May, we just call it melting snow
2023-4-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 4-23 23:58
We always get snow in late April and also in beginning of May, we just call it melting snow

Summer must be very short for you there.
2023-4-24
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DAFlys Posted at 4-24 00:03
Summer must be very short for you there.

Yes it really is.
But since we have midnight sun we get so much energy so no much time to sleep in summer + harder to sleep since it is bright all night
2023-4-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Admit it, you love the snow
2023-4-24
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Blériot53 Posted at 4-24 08:25
Admit it, you love the snow

Hehe, well.. I love warm weather like 20-25c
2023-4-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 4-24 09:12
Hehe, well.. I love warm weather like 20-25c

That would be my choice as well
2023-4-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh no, more snow.  Anyways, I think you like the snow because it gives you an opportunity to have fun plowing with the ATV.  Keep on plowing and filming.  
2023-4-24
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-24 11:51
Oh no, more snow.  Anyways, I think you like the snow because it gives you an opportunity to have fun plowing with the ATV.  Keep on plowing and filming.

Actually I do like or love the snow, sometimes. But not the cold lol

Yes I really do enjoy plowing snow with my atv, before that I hated plowing by hand.
And actually today I have been out taking pictures with snow, will post that video tomorrow on my other channel from my photography adventure
2023-4-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 4-24 15:18
Actually I do like or love the snow, sometimes. But not the cold lol

Yes I really do enjoy plowing snow with my atv, before that I hated plowing by hand.

Kind of hard to get snow without it being cold.  No doubt moving that much snow by hand would never be fun.  Looking forward to seeing your "snow" video.
2023-4-25
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-25 02:50
Kind of hard to get snow without it being cold.  No doubt moving that much snow by hand would never be fun.  Looking forward to seeing your "snow" video.

When it is warm weather and snow is melting, like now. Then it is really great being outdoors and snow reflect sun so you get tan really fast.

There is my video from yesterday, recorded with OA3 and Telesin neck strap as most times.

2023-4-25
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Nice! I like this photo expedition. The pictures came out pretty good. But most importantly... the silence!!! Man, I won't say I'd like to live there because I really don't like snow and all that cold, but I love the silence there.
2023-4-25
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

osmonauta Posted at 4-25 09:02
Nice! I like this photo expedition. The pictures came out pretty good. But most importantly... the silence!!! Man, I won't say I'd like to live there because I really don't like snow and all that cold, but I love the silence there.

Thanks!
That first place I stopped were really quiet, could only hear some birds in distance.
With that tree, that area had a lot of people not far away that were out skiiing or driving snowmobiles, but quiet when I was there.

In the summer I plan to go up there again with some of the big lakes there, see if I can capture something good. But then it will be a lot of mosquitos.
2023-4-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 4-25 06:10
When it is warm weather and snow is melting, like now. Then it is really great being outdoors and snow reflect sun so you get tan really fast.

Very nicely captured.  OA3 performed really well.  
2023-4-25
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-25 11:50
Very nicely captured.  OA3 performed really well.

Thanks, it really does.

Now we just need a new firmware
2023-4-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 4-25 12:48
Thanks, it really does.

Now we just need a new firmware

You're welcome.  Hopefully, the DJI developers are working on a FW upgrade for the OA3.  That camera seems to have sold well here in the states after the initial hiccup and all the returns.
2023-4-25
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-25 13:02
You're welcome.  Hopefully, the DJI developers are working on a FW upgrade for the OA3.  That camera seems to have sold well here in the states after the initial hiccup and all the returns.

It seems like so many bigger youtubers switching to OA3 from gopro, but most funny is those who still won't switch even when always having problems with gopro
2023-4-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 4-25 22:25
It seems like so many bigger youtubers switching to OA3 from gopro, but most funny is those who still won't switch even when always having problems with gopro

I haven't had any issues with my GoPro 11 but then again I'm not a power user so maybe that is why I've not encountered any issues.  It meets all my expectations and then some.  I was tempted to buy the OA3 but held off because of the initial focus issues.  
2023-4-26
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-26 02:46
I haven't had any issues with my GoPro 11 but then again I'm not a power user so maybe that is why I've not encountered any issues.  It meets all my expectations and then some.  I was tempted to buy the OA3 but held off because of the initial focus issues.

For what I have heard from people is that 11 doesn't have freezing/reset problem like older models have. You could try to start-stop recording a few times (without turning it on). Then the 10 had problems after like 10ish time doing that.
2023-4-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 4-26 04:34
For what I have heard from people is that 11 doesn't have freezing/reset problem like older models have. You could try to start-stop recording a few times (without turning it on). Then the 10 had problems after like 10ish time doing that.

So far no freezing/reset problems but I'm only an occasional user and not a power user.  I originally bought it to mount on my grandson's racing go-kart but found out rather quickly that was not the thing to do.  Instead now I use my Skydio 2+ to film him racing.  For active sport's tracking it is top of the line.
2023-4-26
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-26 12:07
So far no freezing/reset problems but I'm only an occasional user and not a power user.  I originally bought it to mount on my grandson's racing go-kart but found out rather quickly that was not the thing to do.  Instead now I use my Skydio 2+ to film him racing.  For active sport's tracking it is top of the line.

Good it haven't failed on you.

I so wish I could get Skydio 2 in Europe, it will cost me alost $3000 with import tax to buy it from USA.
2023-4-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 4-26 13:06
Good it haven't failed on you.

I so wish I could get Skydio 2 in Europe, it will cost me alost $3000 with import tax to buy it from USA.

Yeah that is a shame.  Skydio was planning to expand into the EU market but then decided to concentrate on US commercial market due to the need for US made drones for Federal Agencies and Law Enforcement Agencies.  Maybe they will once again consider expanding their non-commercial drones in EU at a future date.  
2023-4-26
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-26 13:35
Yeah that is a shame.  Skydio was planning to expand into the EU market but then decided to concentrate on US commercial market due to the need for US made drones for Federal Agencies and Law Enforcement Agencies.  Maybe they will once again consider expanding their non-commercial drones in EU at a future date.

I really hope they will do, but even if they starts selling in Europe it will be expensive with custom to Norway. But shipping time will be reduced by many weeks.

A guy I know actually asked me a few days ago about a good drone for following, and I recommended him Skydio 2 so he have plans for buying it. That's why I know the updated price for getting it here.
2023-4-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 4-26 23:59
I really hope they will do, but even if they starts selling in Europe it will be expensive with custom to Norway. But shipping time will be reduced by many weeks.

A guy I know actually asked me a few days ago about a good drone for following, and I recommended him Skydio 2 so he have plans for buying it. That's why I know the updated price for getting it here.

That price is crazy expensive.  If I had to pay that much for it I no doubt would not have bought it.  
2023-4-27
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-27 03:13
That price is crazy expensive.  If I had to pay that much for it I no doubt would not have bought it.

I agree. And DJI drones are way cheaper, but not as good with tracking
2023-4-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 4-27 04:07
I agree. And DJI drones are way cheaper, but not as good with tracking

Too bad we can't make the two best parts from each into one drone.  
2023-4-27
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-27 12:04
Too bad we can't make the two best parts from each into one drone.

That would be great if we could
2023-4-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice one.
2023-4-27
Use props
DowntownRDB