Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Corrupt file recovery, please help..
1368 6 2015-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gramstrup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9112270 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I had not turned off the video recording before I turned off the drone stream. so now I have a corrupt file which can only play the first two sek.Filen fills 4,2gb. I have searched for a few hours around the net and found several solutions. This I think is the most valid, http://live555.com/drones/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision+-video-fix/ it does not work at 4k 25p which is the format that I recorded in.
I work on mac and do not have access to a Windows machine.

Is there a helpful soul who can help me on the way.
Thanks in advance.

2015-8-24
Use props
spheasant1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

I remember reading somewhere that if your file is corrupt to put in in the Phantom and turn it on and let your phantom do your bootup sequence and it would fix the file.  However, if you've been using other programs to try and fix it, you may have corrupted that file to a point that the phantom won't be able to recover it now.
2015-8-24
Use props
gramstrup
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

spheasant1 Posted at 2015-8-24 20:46
I remember reading somewhere that if your file is corrupt to put in in the Phantom and turn it on an ...

I have not worked on the original file, but I have flown with the drone then another memory card in. I tried to put the card with the corrupt file in the drone and start the day. I let it sit for a few minutes with it did not do any difference on the corrupted file.
2015-8-24
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

You can put in options that corresponds to your resolution. I used it and it created a .mv4 file playable in VLC and uploadable to youtube.
Also there is a 720p version of your last movie in the app
2015-8-24
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

gramstrup Posted at 2015-8-24 20:53
I have not worked on the original file, but I have flown with the drone then another memory card in ...

When you put the corrupted SD card in, did you record more video?
l quite often forget to stop recording before shutting off the drone. As long as l record more video after it, it magically finishes the previous recording normally, without issue.
2015-8-24
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

Page 51 of the manual in the FAQ section deals with this type of file corruption.
2015-8-24
Use props
gramstrup
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

Thank you for all the input.
@rigworker. I have already tried to put the card in the drone and power it up again - without success. I think that it is because I flew the with another sd card and recorded many hours of material afterwards.
2015-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules