MicroSD card > Android device
1177 8 2023-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ssayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 629482 ft
United States

Dumb question, but what do I have to format my 256GB MicroSD card to so that both my Mini 2 AND my Android phone can read it (via a USB MicroSD card reader for the phone)? This is presuming of course, that I even can.
I tried the Paragon app from the Play store, but... for me... it's just clunky, and I'd prefer a "one size fits all" kind of format.

2023-4-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use 256GB cards in both the Mini 3 Pro and Air 2S.  I format the card in the drone using the function available in the DJI Fly App.  Once formatted in the drone it can be used for photo and video storage and pulled out and read on every Android device I've owned.  Only trouble I've ever encountered was formatting on laptop and then put in drone and SD card could not be read.  
2023-4-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

^same.

the question is why are you in need of a card reader for the phone?  pixel?

is a computer involved or just the drone and phone?

maybe take a look at airdroid for your non-formatting needs:  https://play.google.com/store/ap ... ;hl=en_US&gl=US
2023-4-27
Use props
Ssayer
lvl.4
United States

Very strange. I could have sworn that I'd formatted it in the drone. Maybe I just used it as it came to me. Hadn't even thought about it. I'll give it a try. Thanks!

The phone is a Moto Edge+. The card reader is so that I can pop it into the phone, copy, pop it back out and pop it back into the drone. First chance, I'll be doing the for sure drone format.
2023-4-27
Use props
Ssayer
lvl.4
United States

...and that was it. So simple. I've had it since the end of October, but I've only been flying locally and simply offloading to my computer so it never came up as an issue. Now that the weather is breaking, I'll be getting around and I want each flight offloaded before flying the next one (just because one NEVER knows...).

Thanks again!
2023-4-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refer to our fellow DJI Pilot's recommendation about formatting the SD card via the DJI Fly app. Should you have additional concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-4-27
Use props
Dozer1028
lvl.1

United States

Same problem, DJI Avata formated but won't read on my pixel phone with reader. Bad reader perhaps? Phone says fix card and reformat..
2023-7-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Dozer1028 Posted at 7-12 15:18
Same problem, DJI Avata formated but won't read on my pixel phone with reader. Bad reader perhaps? Phone says fix card and reformat..

Hi there. Sorry for the trouble, can you please confirm if the issue happens also when connecting the SD card on the computer? What specific make and model of an SD card is the one having the issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-7-21
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 414865 ft
Bulgaria

Dozer1028 Posted at 7-12 15:18
Same problem, DJI Avata formated but won't read on my pixel phone with reader. Bad reader perhaps? Phone says fix card and reformat..

I don't get it, why using a card reader? Just plug USB C-C cable in the drone and in the pixel and the magic happens, the pixels sees the drone as SD card, no need of readers etc.
2023-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules