M3E Goggles 2 Support
2746 18 2023-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicMapper
lvl.2
Australia

Do the goggles 2 (and rc motion 2) support the mavic 3 enterprise in this latest update and if not will it support it soon? Given this would be really helpful for S&R and inspection, I would purchase immediately if these are able to be used together. Thanks!
2023-4-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, MavicMapper. Thank you for reaching out. The recent compatibility update with DJI Goggles 2, DJI Goggles Integra, and DJI RC Motion 2 is for DJI Mavic 3 Series (Mavic 3, Mavic 3 Classic, Mavic 3 Pro)  and DJI Mini 3 Pro only. We will take this as a suggestion of yours and we will forward your concern to our related department. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-4-28
Use props
MavicMapper
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-28 20:27
Hi, MavicMapper. Thank you for reaching out. The recent compatibility update with DJI Goggles 2, DJI Goggles Integra, and DJI RC Motion 2 is for DJI Mavic 3 Series (Mavic 3, Mavic 3 Classic, Mavic 3 Pro)  and DJI Mini 3 Pro only. We will take this as a suggestion of yours and we will forward your concern to our related department. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.

Hi DJI Gamora,
Thanks for that feedback, it is appreciated! I will keep an eye on the usual channels and keep my fingers crossed! Having this available on the enterprise version would really make this drone much more capable.
2023-4-28
Use props
Axelz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3427999 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To be honest I'm not sure why you would want this on the Mavic 3 Enterprise, the video recording settings and capabilities on it is VERY limited if your intention was recording FPV type video.  You would be better off with somethig like a DJI Avata for that or a proper FPV drone, and something much cheaper to fly!  You could always connect some goggles with HDMI input from the RC Pro if you really wanted to though.
2023-4-28
Use props
MavicMapper
lvl.2
Australia

I want to use it for search and inspection and similar tasks where an FPV view would be very handy.  I believe it would make it much easier to see things when doing initial location scans and preliminary inspections, rather than trying to look at the little screen on the rc pro or trying to look at the feed on a seperate monitor… I also don’t have any other goggles, but would buy some if this was available within the DJI ecosystem…. To me it would be very useful for the work I do, but I wouldn’t be using it for recording cinematic FPV.
2023-4-29
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1 to have this ability. A set of goggles would be great when out in direct sunlight and need to have a clear visual.
I hate to be the one to deliver the bad news but it'll never happen natively. DJI decided to design the M3E as the red headed step child of their current drone offerings. Only it and the M30 use this Ocusync 3 Enterprise protocol. Even these 2 drones that share this protocol can't share RCs. It also strangely maxes out at a 30 fps video stream, which would be noticably choppy on The Goggles 2 that can display 100 fps. Shame on DJI for giving out false hope that this may one day be possible through them when they designed this incompatibility by design.

That being said, I see one way that could theoretically work. The Goggles 2 support DLNA wifi streaming. You might be able to stream the RC screen to the goggles over this streaming protocol. The only thing I'd caution is that there might be a latency issue using it this way. Plus the 30 fps cap on the stream could look jittery.
2023-4-29
Use props
MavicMapper
lvl.2
Australia

Agreed, it baffles me that the enterprise package gets shafted on all sorts of features. I still hope they’ll get this drone up to speed over time, because the enterprise version should be capable of much more than it is currently… thanks for the info as well!
2023-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MavicMapper Posted at 4-28 21:58
Hi DJI Gamora,
Thanks for that feedback, it is appreciated! I will keep an eye on the usual channels and keep my fingers crossed! Having this available on the enterprise version would really make this drone much more capable.

You're most welcome, MavicMapper. Your suggestion has been forwarded already. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-4-30
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

MavicMapper Posted at 4-29 18:11
Agreed, it baffles me that the enterprise package gets shafted on all sorts of features. I still hope they’ll get this drone up to speed over time, because the enterprise version should be capable of much more than it is currently… thanks for the info as well!

I'm hoping they add at least a few features that they removed as well. The M3E has been out 215 days as of today (April 30th). To put that into context, the Mavic 3 consumer series had received 6 firmware updates by this time.  The M3E has received 4, one of those only adding RID support and the other three are tiny in comparison. Updates for the consumer series added higher video frame rates, Quick Transfer, Hyperlapse modes, Mastershots, burst mode, Quick Shots, Active Track, Focus Track, AEB photo modes, Spotlight & POI, Night Mode, and of course Goggle compatibility. Plus many many more. Everything listed has yet to be added to the Enterprise drone sibling. C'mon DJI, don't discriminate on the M3E like this.
2023-4-30
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 4-30 08:12
I'm hoping they add at least a few features that they removed as well. The M3E has been out 215 days as of today (April 30th). To put that into context, the Mavic 3 consumer series had received 6 firmware updates by this time.  The M3E has received 4, one of those only adding RID support and the other three are tiny in comparison. Updates for the consumer series added higher video frame rates, Quick Transfer, Hyperlapse modes, Mastershots, burst mode, Quick Shots, Active Track, Focus Track, AEB photo modes, Spotlight & POI, Night Mode, and of course Goggle compatibility. Plus many many more. Everything listed has yet to be added to the Enterprise drone sibling. C'mon DJI, don't discriminate on the M3E like this.

I’d buy the DJI Goggles 2 immediately if they supported the M3T.

All good points in your post… who wants to carry around 5 different drones to do all the stuff that is capable from these? LAME

Gotta love being TOLD how you’ll use your drone vs. having all the options available. Like we’re freakin 5-years old.
2023-4-30
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now not to get all technical here, or drone police, but if you're in the US and flying under P107 - if using goggles one would have to have a VO along, no?
2023-5-2
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

gulfpre Posted at 5-2 11:42
Now not to get all technical here, or drone police, but if you're in the US and flying under P107 - if using goggles one would have to have a VO along, no?

Having a Part 107 is irrelevant here. Everyone is supposed to have a VO if using goggles. Even recreational pilots.
2023-5-2
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 5-2 11:56
Having a Part 107 is irrelevant here. Everyone is supposed to have a VO if using goggles. Even recreational pilots.

I can't do goggles, messes with me too much. I can see where it can definitively be helpful, just personally can't do it.
I've not paid much attention to regulation in that aspect.
2023-5-2
Use props
djiuser_7jttROB94Kvt
lvl.1

United States

I would also love to be able to use the integra goggles with the M3T.  I use the goggles with the Avata and  mini 3 pro, and for search and inspection use the goggles would make jobs so much easier to examine the terrain closely during flight.
2023-5-10
Use props
MavicMapper
lvl.2
New Zealand

djiuser_7jttROB94Kvt Posted at 5-10 13:45
I would also love to be able to use the integra goggles with the M3T.  I use the goggles with the Avata and  mini 3 pro, and for search and inspection use the goggles would make jobs so much easier to examine the terrain closely during flight.

Thanks to everyone for contributing to this thread! Clearly there’s lot of us who could use this feature for working with our enterprise drones.  I hope DJI hears us and releases an update soon with support for goggles and some of the other much needed features we are all waiting for!  
2023-5-11
Use props
aeoncon
lvl.1

United States

Wondering if there's been any progress from DJI on adding the Goggles 2 to the Mavic 3 Enterprise?
2023-11-9
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

aeoncon Posted at 11-9 07:38
Wondering if there's been any progress from DJI on adding the Goggles 2 to the Mavic 3 Enterprise?

Progression with the Mavic 3 Enterprise has been absent on all fronts.
2023-11-9
Use props
MavicMapper
lvl.2
Australia

Disappointing that we still haven't heard anything on this.  I was really hoping with the latest update we might finally get this feature.  I am thinking really hard about selling the M3E, because it's just too crippled, while many other consumer drones (even DJI) are more capable than this (unfortunately).  Please give us an update DJI, it will be appreciated!
1-1 01:02
Use props
Libitron
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130853 ft
Canada

Several months later .... Really too bad that DJI is silent and ignoring all the excellent requests you all brought up. I share the opinion of the enterprise series being crippled. I only have an M3M. When I first flew it and saw that the the photography and video options were stripped, I was and still am very dissapointed. My Autel enterprise drones are much better as enterprise drones all around to be honest. The M3M is only still with me because of ease of use for geo correcting images. It would be gone if it were not for that. My Micasense cameras are much nicer but requires post processing for geo corrections.
2-27 17:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules