Mini But Mighty - Epic DJI Mini 3 Pro Drone Reel 2023
123Next >
11800 85 2023-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Captain Filmmaking
lvl.4
Austria

For all Mini Lovers out there: After the release of the new Mavic and Inspire drones, we all had a hard time...
I constantly thought about getting a new drone, but when I finished my drone reel for 2023, I thought, "Heck no! The Mini 3 Pro is still such a capable drone, and it still punches way above its price tag."
If you're a drone enthusiast or simply love seeing the world from a fresh angle, this video is for you! Fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the flight! ;)
yours, Ferdinand

2023-5-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great collection of scenes.  The drone really does perform superbly.
2023-5-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazing show reel.    I do love my Mini 3 Pro.  I have the Air 2 and Air 2S but I'm always pulling out the Mini 3 Pro.  
2023-5-1
Use props
Captain Filmmaking
lvl.4
Austria

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-1 14:01
Amazing show reel.    I do love my Mini 3 Pro.  I have the Air 2 and Air 2S but I'm always pulling out the Mini 3 Pro.

Hey RDB - thx!
I think they are great too in terms of image quality. The weight was one noticeable difference, when I finally choose the Mini 3 Pro over the Air 2S.

BTW - how is your Air 2S performing when it comes to windy conditions, compared to the M3P. That's the only thing, which gives me headaches - especially when I'm up in the mountains.
2023-5-1
Use props
Captain Filmmaking
lvl.4
Austria

Blériot53 Posted at 5-1 11:26
Great collection of scenes.  The drone really does perform superbly.

Thx Blériot - appreciate! I like it how DJI gradually improved the Mini 3 Pro via firmware updates since it launched last year..

I'm wondering if they'll continue to do that in the future...
2023-5-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Captain Filmmaking Posted at 5-1 14:47
Hey RDB - thx!  
I think they are great too in terms of image quality. The weight was one noticeable difference, when I finally choose the Mini 3 Pro over the Air 2S.

You're very welcome Ferdinand.  On really windy days my Air 2S is the drone of choice.  The Mini 3 Pro does fight the winds quite well for its size but the Air 2S is just so much better at handling the winds.  
2023-5-1
Use props
Captain Filmmaking
lvl.4
Austria

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-1 15:04
You're very welcome Ferdinand.  On really windy days my Air 2S is the drone of choice.  The Mini 3 Pro does fight the winds quite well for its size but the Air 2S is just so much better at handling the winds.

yap - I was suspecting that. I think the weight is something, which they won't be able to fix via a firmware update!
2023-5-1
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Beautiful nature shots!
2023-5-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Captain Filmmaking Posted at 5-1 14:51
Thx Blériot - appreciate! I like it how DJI gradually improved the Mini 3 Pro via firmware updates since it launched last year..

I'm wondering if they'll continue to do that in the future...

We can but wait and see.  It was great to start with but the improvements are always welcome
2023-5-1
Use props
Captain Filmmaking
lvl.4
Austria

Depp Posted at 5-1 21:51
Beautiful nature shots!

Thank you Depp!
2023-5-1
Use props
Captain Filmmaking
lvl.4
Austria

Blériot53 Posted at 5-1 21:55
We can but wait and see.  It was great to start with but the improvements are always welcome

Do you think cruise control for videos (like it’s in the Mavic 3 Classic!?) could be an option for a firmware update?
2023-5-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful work.    
2023-5-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Captain Filmmaking Posted at 5-1 23:45
Do you think cruise control for videos (like it’s in the Mavic 3 Classic!?) could be an option for a firmware update?

It's debatable just how many features they can cram into  an inevitably small processor
But it might help in some situations.
2023-5-2
Use props
Captain Filmmaking
lvl.4
Austria

Thank you very much!
2023-5-2
Use props
enikdem
Second Officer
Flight distance : 898520 ft
Italy

Great work with beautiful captures
2023-5-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Captain Filmmaking Posted at 5-1 15:26
yap - I was suspecting that. I think the weight is something, which they won't be able to fix via a firmware update!

Yeah, a FW update will not fix that issue.  Still, all in all a great little drone.  
2023-5-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its my pleasure.     
2023-5-2
Use props
Jake. A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Very nice Reel Now I want the mini 3 pro.
2023-5-5
Use props
Captain Filmmaking
lvl.4
Austria

Jake. A Posted at 5-5 05:13
Very nice Reel Now I want the mini 3 pro.

Haha - yes, that's a good sign Jake! ;)

I think now is a good time to get the Mini 3 Pro in 2023. The drone still offers great performance and there are already some good deals around the corner.
2023-5-5
Use props
Captain Filmmaking
lvl.4
Austria

And thank you, DJI, for featuring me on the front page of your forum! For us users it's an honor to showcase what your equipment can do.
2023-5-5
Use props
CaPunG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 807041 ft
Indonesia

NATURE Never LIES
2023-5-5
Use props
Captain Filmmaking
lvl.4
Austria

CaPunG Posted at 5-5 20:58
NATURE Never LIES

So true! Thx CaPung!
2023-5-5
Use props
djiuser_ezyhWpaPdLEF
New

United States

Just a question. Can i use my fpv goggle v2 on my mini 3 pro?
2023-5-6
Use props
Captain Filmmaking
lvl.4
Austria

djiuser_ezyhWpaPdLEF Posted at 5-6 09:19
Just a question. Can i use my fpv goggle v2 on my mini 3 pro?

I haven't tested it myself, but the Googles V2 should work after the latest firmware update for the Mini 3 Pro. Note that there are some limitations if you combine it with the RC controller, which is not officially supported by DJI to work with the Googles.

Hope that helped!
2023-5-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Stunning work!
2023-5-6
Use props
Jake. A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Captain Filmmaking Posted at 5-5 05:57
Haha - yes, that's a good sign Jake! ;)

I think now is a good time to get the Mini 3 Pro in 2023. The drone still offers great performance and there are already some good deals around the corner.

By the way, what soundtrack did you use?
2023-5-6
Use props
Captain Filmmaking
lvl.4
Austria

Jake. A Posted at 5-6 15:07
By the way, what soundtrack did you use?

It’s called “Vaporeon” by Luwaks from epidemic sounds.
2023-5-6
Use props
Captain Filmmaking
lvl.4
Austria

Hartelijk dank!
2023-5-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2023-5-7
Use props
Mirek 22
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3529747 ft
Italy

very nice video.
2023-5-7
Use props
djiuser_byY7NoaLxsHz
New

Moldova

Hello, can someone help me to how use DJI fly app In Xiaomi 12? I already installed but it can't connect to the drone (
2023-5-7
Use props
acepaul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14757 ft
United States

Great video! Did you use any filters while shooting? Thanks!
2023-5-7
Use props
Captain Filmmaking
lvl.4
Austria

acepaul Posted at 5-7 13:11
Great video! Did you use any filters while shooting? Thanks!

Thank you Paul!

Yes, in some shots I used filters like the new Freewell ND/Mist filter (on the snowy mountains), or a wide angle lens (for the snowy road in the woods from above).

They work great and expand the use cases for the drone.
The mist filter in particular make it easier to pair the footage with my Sony FX30 for narrative filmmaking, where I usually also use mist filters.
69FB182B-9649-4381-B01A-52CD7DF28819.jpeg
2023-5-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

I got a couple of questions for you Captain..

1) Are you 100% positive that all the clips in your video are from a Mini 3 Pro?

2) The weight of the wide angle is listed at 12 grams. Have you noticed any strange sound coming from the gimbal's servos when the wide angle lens is on the camera?

Nice video...
2023-5-7
Use props
Captain Filmmaking
lvl.4
Austria

Burt37 Posted at 5-7 16:17
I got a couple of questions for you Captain..

1) Are you 100% positive that all the clips in your video are from a Mini 3 Pro?

Hi Burt!

1) Yes, every clip was shot by myself with the Mini 3 Pro. Except for those 5 shots, where the drone itself is shown inflight.

2) The higher weight of the wide angle is noticeable. But I hadn't any issues with servo sounds on mine and the Mini 3 Pro handles it with ease. Usually the drone recognises the wide angle lens during the gimbal calibration on startup. Note, that I use DJI's original wide angle lens. 3rd party wide angles may be more heavy and might cause problems..

Best regards,
Ferdinand
2023-5-8
Use props
djiuser_cWXL26e2gRss
New

United States

djiuser_piDQFFqmdViP Posted at 5-8 01:14
Buy Fake USD Online ( WHATSAPP  : +1(725) 867-9567  ) Buy Fake Canadian Dollars ( CAD) , Buy Fake Euros  , Buy Undetectable Counterfeit Money , Buy fake Australian dollars , Buy Fake Money ,Buy prop money online , Buy Counterfeit Money  , Buy cloned cards online , Buy Fake Chinese Yuan , Buy undetectable Euros bank notes online  , Where to buy fake money online  WHATSAPP  : +1(725) 867-9567

WHATSAPP  : +1(725) 867-9567

Thanks ful for this forum real problem dk l ñ
2023-5-8
Use props
acepaul
lvl.3
United States

Captain Filmmaking Posted at 5-7 13:56
Thank you Paul!

Yes, in some shots I used filters like the new Freewell ND/Mist filter (on the snowy mountains), or a wide angle lens (for the snowy road in the woods from above).

Thanks for the info. I have been researching mist filters as I have not used them before. I shoot with a Panasonic GH5 so hope the drone video will blend well. I ordered some ND and PL filters so will have a few things to play with. After a few test flights, the need for a gradient filter has become very apparent for certain situations.
2023-5-8
Use props
Captain Filmmaking
lvl.4
Austria

acepaul Posted at 5-8 07:45
Thanks for the info. I have been researching mist filters as I have not used them before. I shoot with a Panasonic GH5 so hope the drone video will blend well. I ordered some ND and PL filters so will have a few things to play with. After a few test flights, the need for a gradient filter has become very apparent for certain situations.

I tested both. It's great, that they combined the VND with a mist filter. In my tests it blends in quiet nicely with the softness of my FX30 used with a mist filter. I'm going to release a video shot on the Sony FX30 and the Mini 3 Pro - both used with mist filter - to demonstrate how you can match these two.

Alone that they made a VND from 2-5 and 6-9 stops is great in my opinion. Therfore you don't have to switch (fixed) ND's all the time.

The gradient filters a great to, especially for photos. For video you can use them too - maybe here you are a bit more limited to certain shots. You can also kind of mitigate this problem of limited dynamic range by taken two shots of a scene. One exposed more for the sky, neglecting the details and shadows on the ground a bit. And then a second one, where you pan more downwards and now exposing for the shadows. In post you use both shots and make a cut between them.
2023-5-8
Use props
acepaul
lvl.3
United States

Captain Filmmaking Posted at 5-8 10:54
I tested both. It's great, that they combined the VND with a mist filter. In my tests it blends in quiet nicely with the softness of my FX30 used with a mist filter. I'm going to release a video shot on the Sony FX30 and the Mini 3 Pro - both used with mist filter - to demonstrate how you can match these two.

Alone that they made a VND from 2-5 and 6-9 stops is great in my opinion. Therfore you don't have to switch (fixed) ND's all the time.

Thanks! Your reply made me think that a "duplicate shot" feature in a drone would be gold. Imagine a menu item where you set the drone to record not just the shot but all the GPS, directional, gimbal, etc. then you perform your shot. Then you can change your camera settings and instruct the drone to redo the shot. Would not be 100% identical but easy enough to stitch together in post. Who knows, maybe some of the drones already do this.
2023-5-8
Use props
Greenman4108
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232720 ft
United States

beautiful video, Mini 3 is definitely worth the extra money
2023-5-8
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now