Active track animals
4892 23 2023-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gimpelstar
New
Germany

Hello all,

I have just recently bought a mini 3 pro and tried the diferent features. I have some problems with the Active track function.

Tracking persons works fine, but when I want to track an animal I always get a message that it can only track vehicles or persons.

I searched the web and found many articles in which people describe having tracked their dog.

Any Ideas?

2023-5-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If I remember correctly some posts referring to tracking in other DJI drones suggested that the programming is designed to track certain types of objects and dogs were not included.
2023-5-2
Use props
fans21f46d12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129514 ft
United States

Yes, I had clear visibility to a black bear today on light background and the M3P would not track, from only 80 feet altitude
2023-5-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, gimpelstar. Thank you for reaching out. Tracking animals is not recommended as ActiveTrack is programmed for tracking a person or vehicle/boat only. Another thing is their speed, which is not controllable so it is not suitable for tracking. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-5-2
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

According to the M3 manual, no just pets but even children are not recommended...
2023-5-2
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Perhaps it was done not with the DJI software or the mini3 either...

Could post a link regarding those articles...
2023-5-2
Use props
gimpelstar
New
Germany

On this website the say active track can track "people to pets and boats and cars"

https://www.d1store.com.au/lounge/content/dji-mini-3-pro-top-5-features

In the user manual it says:
It is recommended to only track vehicles, boats, and people (but not children). Fly with caution when tracking other subjects.
It doesn't say that it is not possible to track other objects. But exactly that seems to be the case.

In the user manual you find as well:
DO NOT use FocusTrack in areas with people and animals running or vehicles moving
But the active track recomendations are for tracking people and vehicles.
2023-5-3
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

It won't track tanks either...  
2023-5-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

gimpelstar Posted at 5-3 08:49
On this website the say active track can track "people to pets and boats and cars"

https://www.d1store.com.au/lounge/content/dji-mini-3-pro-top-5-features

Hi there. Thank you for your response. It seems that the link is not an official statement of DJI. In addition, the reason why we do not recommend doing a FocusTrack/ActiveTrack where there are a lot of people and animals or vehicles moving is that you might lose the subject during the process as the area is too crowded. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-5-4
Use props
Klais
lvl.1

Ukraine

thanks for info
2023-7-13
Use props
Klais
lvl.1

Ukraine

really nice info
2023-7-13
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-4 00:39
Hi there. Thank you for your response. It seems that the link is not an official statement of DJI. In addition, the reason why we do not recommend doing a FocusTrack/ActiveTrack where there are a lot of people and animals or vehicles moving is that you might lose the subject during the process as the area is too crowded. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

That is a strange argumentation. The reason for not letting me track e.g. an animal is that I "might lose" it.
Well might loosing it is a quite better option than not even being able to start tracking it.
So please let ME decide what I want to track and let me sometimes loose it. I can live with that....

By the way: I can not track a sailingboat, as the Mini 3 Pro always looses it. But no problem - I track it manually :-)
2023-7-13
Use props
DuRavary
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125135 ft
France

ElleKN Posted at 7-13 22:21
That is a strange argumentation. The reason for not letting me track e.g. an animal is that I "might lose" it.
Well might loosing it is a quite better option than not even being able to start tracking it.
So please let ME decide what I want to track and let me sometimes loose it. I can live with that....

Here it’s simply against the law.
2023-7-13
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Germany

DuRavary Posted at 7-13 23:35
Here it’s simply against the law.

What exactly? To film my animal? Why should this be illegal?
2023-7-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ElleKN Posted at 7-13 22:21

Hello, ElleKN. We appreciate you for joining this discussion. If the area that you are flying is not a crowded place or if the area is an open field, you may use this feature by tracking the animal but please make sure to fly the aircraft wherein the animal will not disturb its natural habitat during the task. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead, ElleKN.
2023-7-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

You are most welcome, Klais. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your support.
2023-7-16
Use props
DuRavary
lvl.4
France

ElleKN Posted at 7-14 01:28
What exactly? To film my animal? Why should this be illegal?

you must not disturb or endanger animals and wildlife with your drone or model aircraft.
2023-7-16
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Germany

DuRavary Posted at 7-16 02:32
you must not disturb or endanger animals and wildlife with your drone or model aircraft.

That is correct, but has nothing to do with tracking my own animal
2023-7-18
Use props
Klais
lvl.1

Ukraine

Who knew lighting could be so exciting? I certainly didn't until I stumbled upon a goldmine of information about smart lighting. The technology has taken illumination to a whole new level. I was blown away by the ability to automate and personalize lighting preferences to match my daily routines and moods. The information I gathered from this exploration highlighted the energy-efficient nature of smart lighting iot , making it not only convenient but also eco-friendly. From smart bulbs to smart switches, the options are diverse and cater to different needs. I'm thrilled to delve deeper into this fascinating world of smart lighting and transform my living spaces into a realm of smart and stylish illumination!
2023-7-27
Use props
djiuser_3YQ2lTRfv23Q
New
Portugal

I think it will follow this: a dog masked like a boat
2023-10-31
Use props
DuRavary
lvl.4
France

fans21f46d12 Posted at 5-2 18:44
Yes, I had clear visibility to a black bear today on light background and the M3P would not track, from only 80 feet altitude

To accurately track myself on a motorcycle the drone needs to be a lot closer than that.
2023-10-31
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Where's the thread?
2023-11-8
Use props
djiuser_HPBt5CnnalqF
New

Portugal

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-7-16 02:05
Hello, ElleKN. We appreciate you for joining this discussion. If the area that you are flying is not a crowded place or if the area is an open field, you may use this feature by tracking the animal but please make sure to fly the aircraft wherein the animal will not disturb its natural habitat during the task. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead, ElleKN.

Hi, based on this explanation, can you please share how I can identify a subject different from a person or vehicle ( Dog) on a mini-4 pro?
thanks
4-11 03:11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_HPBt5CnnalqF Posted at 4-11 03:11
Hi, based on this explanation, can you please share how I can identify a subject different from a person or vehicle ( Dog) on a mini-4 pro?
thanks

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You can check the live view on the APP to check what you are tracking. The ActiveTrack and FocusTrack features require the tracking subject to be a person, vehicle, or boat, with vehicles specifically referring to cars and boats referring to small to medium-sized speedboats or yachts. If the subject is too large (such as a bus or cruise ship) or has an unconventional shape, it may not be recognized and locked onto. Hope this helps.
4-12 02:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules