DJI Focus Motor (2022) red light problem
1966 6 2023-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hali25
New
Italy

Hello, I bought a "focus motor 2022" I connected it to my Ronin SC2 but it doesn't work and the red light keeps flashing. I double checked that the cable was plugged in correctly and everything is fine. the phone detects that there is an update to the "focus motor", i click "update" and the window says "RavenEye firmware 1.00.00.00 available, i click "update now" but at 60% it always fails.
If before clicking "update now" I disconnect the motor focus it remains stopped at 60% and only when I connect the motor focus does it give the error message, it says "update failed, try later. "

I don't have a "rsc2 combo" so I don't have the "old" focus motor to know if it works. I only have the gimbal and the motor focus(2022)

gimball is updated version 01.04.00.20 and android app is v1.6.4(3906)

I don't know what to do anymore, I hope I haven't wasted my money, I ask if anyone can help me solve it

2023-5-2
Use props
steady_skies
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

This focus motor has so many issues and we are still waiting from stability improvements from DJI.  Maybe you could try with the previous DJI R Focus Motor , much more reliable https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... in_focus_motor.html
2023-5-4
Use props
RothwellN
lvl.1
Canada

Hey I have the exact same issue with my focus unit . It gets to 60 % and then locks up and bricks itself. Did you ever find a solution or should I just return it ?
2023-9-2
Use props
Jken2012
lvl.1
United States

RothwellN Posted at 9-2 16:04
Hey I have the exact same issue with my focus unit . It gets to 60 % and then locks up and bricks itself. Did you ever find a solution or should I just return it ?

I tried updating the focus motor using my SC2 it bricked at 60%. I connected it to my RS3pro and updated it and it worked. At first there was an update for the RS3Pro, and that fixed the focus motor for me. Once that was done I reconnected it to my SC2 and it works as it should. I changed the RS3 pro to control the focus motor, and then switched it back to my ISO after the update.
2023-9-8
Use props
nakornR
New

Thailand

I have the same problem as you. Hali25 upgraded and stuck at 60%. Now my focus doesn't work. I use it in Ronin RSC2.
2023-9-16
Use props
Hali25
New
Italy

I contacted the support, they tried in every way to help me solve the problem at home but in the end I had to send the focus motor to support where they updated the focus motor and sent it back home (for free) and now it continues to work correctly!
2023-9-17
Use props
djiuser_gDImL6AuJIS4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 259908 ft
Romania

I managed to fix the same problem, firmware stuck  at 60% with 2022 focus motor and rsc2 gimbal by switching to an iPhone. For some reason the ios app is more stable and it works. I hope it helps someone
2023-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules