Video produced is Frozen
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spectdrones
New

Panama

I used my phantom 3 professional, recorded video in 4k 24fps, during the flight the video seemed to be ok all the time, until I checked on my laptop de video produced and it produced a video in which after 3 seconds of video the image gets frozen until the end of the video that is about 10 minutes.. I recorded in mp4, I have recorded at least 20 other videos and this is the first time it happen to me, any help?
2015-8-24
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

were you always recording in 4K for your other videos?
or

was this the first 4K video on your laptop?
2015-8-24
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

If this was your first 4K video I would say it is because your laptop can not handle the 4K. I have a older laptop that can not play 4K
2015-8-24
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

Video is demanding.  Now 4k demands more.  Now you have the nice P3P and probably will have to get new computer in order to handle the new 4K you are not alone.   Sure is a fun $$$ hobby though.
2015-8-24
Use props
lignow
lvl.4
Canada

Yes, you might need a faster confuser. Video is demanding.
2015-8-24
Use props
spectdrones
New

Panama

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-8-25 07:58
were you always recording in 4K for your other videos?
or

Is not my laptop because I have been dealing for a while with 4k videos and they play smooth all the time, also that day I took about 5 different videos but I have the problem in 2 of them only, is not the computer definitely, my theory is that maybe I forgot to stop recording before shutting down the drone but is strange because it happen to me before and the videos were ok anyways, maybe because I updated the firmware recently can be?
but is definitely not the computer because I put into the computer some other 4k videos and they are ok
2015-8-25
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

spectdrones Posted at 2015-8-26 06:26
Is not my laptop because I have been dealing for a while with 4k videos and they play smooth all t ...

Shutting down the Phantom before stopping the recording can definitely mess up the video file and corrupt them. I would say that is most likely it.
2015-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules