Do NOT buy direct from DJI if you live in the UK!
1658 33 2023-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyNorthMK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Be aware, this could happen to you!
I purchased a DJI Mini 3 Pro, fly more kit, wide angle lens and a DJI RC Pro Controller (Order No. 0441082043205 valued at £1,706.00) on 22 April 2023 and when the box arrived on 25 April (to my shock and dismay) it did not have the RC Pro contoller in it (the box was shipped via DHL and seemed to be intact with no tampering or resealing of the parcel tape).

I took photographs and emailed DJI customer service to report the issue (waiting nearly 24 hours for a reply). What has followed is nearly two weeks of emails, online messaging and stress with the end result being they have basically said 'get stuffed' you must have received it, we are going to try and claim from DHL and if we can't then you will most probably not receive a refund for the item we didn't send that you paid £879.00 for (I posted back the three items I did receive yesterday as they were not even padded out during tranisit, with the Mini 3 Pro aircraft loose inside the courier box!).

It was obvious that either DJI forgot to pack the controller or one of their warehouse staff has stolen it, although they claim they have investigated and both the warehouse and the courier have denied knowing anything about it (obviously!).

This is the fifth drone system I have purchased from DJI (previously had a Phantom 3, Inspire 1, Inspire 1 Pro and more recently a Mini 2) and have previously never had any issues with the service.

What I have learned is that:

• Any DJI orders purchased on the UK website are sent from the Netherlands
  • You can't actually talk to anyone via the telephone about problems like this
  • Customer services are based in China so there is always a long delay in responding to you, and they are incredibly slow at dealing with any problems (being cynical, it seemed that they wanted me to go past the 14 day returns period whilst they were 'investigating')
  • If you receive anything from DJI make sure you make a video when you open the box and check the contents
  • Only purchase DJI products from a UK based supplier (HeliGuy, etc) so that you are at least guaranteed to be able to talk to someone about any problems (this is what I will be doing if DJI ever get round to actually refunding me)
  • If any items are missing from your order they will pretty much insinuate that you are a thief and a liar, and provide quite possibly the worst and slowest customer service you are ever likely to experience

In hindsight, I wish I had made a video of when I opened the box, but lets face it, who the hell does that on a regular basis? Feeling pretty angry and quite shocked by DJI's response to all this and have requested they provide me evidence from their investigation that the controller was actually put in the box.

Apologies for the negative post, but would not want anyone to go through the nightmare scenario dealing with DJI that I am going through, you have been warned!
2023-5-6
Use props
fansf6fd2e12
lvl.2
Flight distance : 265043 ft
United Kingdom

Nightmare......
Hope you get it sorted mate.
2023-5-6
Use props
LGLDSR
lvl.1

United States

Seriously? You have to deal with that?
2023-5-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That is bang out of order if that is the case.

Was there room in the box for the RC Pro box?
2023-5-6
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

That's why you always record when you open the package. Or in from the the mail carrier. And if damage or not complete don't accept the package. I could order a dji mavic 3 pro and say I got the remote but not the drone. Do you think they will send me another $2000 drone? Lol.
2023-5-6
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Every time I bought something from DJI, they always sent an invoice with product name and serial numbers... They don't do that in Europe?? I mean what does the invoice saying? If you have one on the invoice and you didn't receive it, just file a police report for stolen good involving DHL and DJI. At least then the serial number of the radio is on record as been stolen. If someone tries to use it, DJI will know instantly...

Very strange indeed...
2023-5-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused to you, we will confirm the details with our relevant team and get back to you asap.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please feel free to let us know.
2023-5-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In addition to Bashy's question "Was there room in the box for the RC Pro box?" I would ask was there ANY controller included with the drone?
Did you photograph any or all of the labels on the box, including DJI numbers?
With regards to 'who thinks to make a video etc.'? I have have photographed the opening of every parcel I have received in the last 10 years or so, not only to record the opening but to record the packaging and condition of the parcel. If you want to shoot video I would suggest practising first on a made up box, a video you shoot off the cuff may not capture what you think it will.
How did you pay? If by credit card have you spoken to the credit card company?
Did you photograph the return package, labels and packing?
2023-5-6
Use props
FlyNorthMK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fansf6fd2e12 Posted at 5-6 13:45
Nightmare......
Hope you get it sorted mate.

Thanks mate, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!
2023-5-7
Use props
FlyNorthMK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-6 14:57
That is bang out of order if that is the case.

Was there room in the box for the RC Pro box?

Yes, the box was quite big and could have fitted in the RC pro box I guess (not sure how big the RC Pro box would be, but if it is roughly the same size as other controllers it should have fitted inside).

It only had a single sheet of thin padding inside so the DJI Mini 3 pro aircraft, fly more Kit and wide angle lens boxes were loose and must have been bouncing around inside during transit, which is another reason why I sent the items I did receive back to them.
2023-5-7
Use props
FlyNorthMK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-6 17:40
In addition to Bashy's question "Was there room in the box for the RC Pro box?" I would ask was there ANY controller included with the drone?
Did you photograph any or all of the labels on the box, including DJI numbers?
With regards to 'who thinks to make a video etc.'? I have have photographed the opening of every parcel I have received in the last 10 years or so, not only to record the opening but to record the packaging and condition of the parcel. If you want to shoot video I would suggest practising first on a made up box, a video you shoot off the cuff may not capture what you think it will.

I only ordered the Mini 3 Pro aircraft (no RC) and then paid £879 for the RC Pro as it allows you to connect to external devices (I was planning to use an ASUS 16" portable monitor).

For context, I wasn't in the house when the box arrived, my elderly step-father took the delivery from 'two blokes in a white van' so it wasn't actually delivered by a DHL van. I was expecting quite a few other parcels that week from other suppliers (including a new case for the drone and other photography equipment), so didn't think twice when a box was waiting for me upon return home and just opened it up.

I did photograph the label and the box when I received it. It was a plain non-descript cardboard box and after I opened it and checked the contents I looked at the label which did mention DJI in a tiny section of the label (I will try and attach some images), and oddly enough stated that the box weight was 10kg which I assume even with a pro controller inside would be way over the actual weight of the goods I ordered.

I paid by debit card, so screwed if DJI don't sort this out and give me back what I paid for - hence my warning to other users on this post!

As I mentioned earlier I have bought lots of DJI products over the years (including orders that were much more expensive than this one), to me they were a trusted and efficient supplier. I also have never had any technical issues with their products.

To be honest I have never felt the need to video  the opening of any parcel I have been sent, although following this experience I think I might be doing so in the future.

I also photographed the sealed box for return and have copies of the UPS  labels/customs forms, etc along with proof of postage (It's interesting that they used UPS and not DHL to return the package?)

2023-5-7
Use props
FlyNorthMK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 5-6 15:54
That's why you always record when you open the package. Or in from the the mail carrier. And if damage or not complete don't accept the package. I could order a dji mavic 3 pro and say I got the remote but not the drone. Do you think they will send me another $2000 drone? Lol.

Thanks for the comment, I did check the product web page where I added the to the cart, the order processing email from DJI, the payment received email from DJI, the order shipped notification email from DJI, and the order delivered email from DJI, NONE OF WHICH mention any requirement to video yourself opening the box to check the contents.

It does state on the ordered delivered email from DJI 'If your package is missing, damaged, or has any other issues, please contact us at support@dji.com' which I promptly did.

So thanks for your empathy, and if this ever happens to you I will be sure to send you a message ending with 'Laugh out Loud'
2023-5-7
Use props
FlyNorthMK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 5-6 15:57
Every time I bought something from DJI, they always sent an invoice with product name and serial numbers... They don't do that in Europe?? I mean what does the invoice saying? If you have one on the invoice and you didn't receive it, just file a police report for stolen good involving DHL and DJI. At least then the serial number of the radio is on record as been stolen. If someone tries to use it, DJI will know instantly...

Very strange indeed...

I checked the invoice and there are no serial numbers mentioned, just the order number, product name, amount ordered and cost.

I have no idea how DJI package and send their orders out to customers, but being a massive company they must have advanced systems and procedures in place to prevent this sort of thing happening.

One of the DJI customer service people told me they would be reviewing CCTV of the warehouse staff as part of their investigation, but just came back to me with 'no, everyone is denying any problem with you order'.

I have requested they send me evidence that the controller was packed in the box, but I'm not holding my breath.......

Like you said, very strange indeed!
2023-5-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

FlyNorthMK Posted at 5-7 00:52
Thanks for the comment, I did check the product web page where I added the to the cart, the order processing email from DJI, the payment received email from DJI, the order shipped notification email from DJI, and the order delivered email from DJI, NONE OF WHICH mention any requirement to video yourself opening the box to check the contents.

It does state on the ordered delivered email from DJI 'If your package is missing, damaged, or has any other issues, please contact us at ' which I promptly did.

Hi, Michael. We extend our sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced.
And we noticed our relevant team is following this case now. To better help you, we have urged them to handle it asap. For any updates, you can check it via Email.
Besides, please feel free to contact me if you need anything. I would be more than willing to provide any assistance I could.
2023-5-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

FlyNorthMK Posted at 5-7 01:47
I checked the invoice and there are no serial numbers mentioned, just the order number, product name, amount ordered and cost.

I have no idea how DJI package and send their orders out to customers, but being a massive company they must have advanced systems and procedures in place to prevent this sort of thing happening.

We stand with you comrade.
Unfortunately, this sort of thing happens. It seems that DJI Natalia took matters into his own hands post 7, he is one of the rare moderators who does not have a behavior worthy of a bot. I'm confident he'll help you find a solution.
2023-5-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

FlyNorthMK Posted at 5-7 01:47

How do DJI know what they sent you??? Somebody must have scanned the barcode and have the serial number. Otherwise, how do DJI know what and when things leave the warehouse???

Ask them to tell you the serial number of the radio they sent you, so that you can file a police report...

See what they say...
2023-5-7
Use props
FlyNorthMK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-7 01:56
Unfortunately, this sort of thing happens. It seems that DJI Natalia took matters into his own hands post 7, he is one of the rare moderators who does not have a behavior worthy of a bot. I'm confident he'll help you find a solution.

Thank you brother, although not sure that anyone at DJI knows what is going on! I have lost count of the many different people who I have corresponded with over the past two week via email and chat, so not feeling optimistic.....
2023-5-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

FlyNorthMK Posted at 5-7 02:01
Thank you brother, although not sure that anyone at DJI knows what is going on! I have lost count of the many different people who I have corresponded with over the past two week via email and chat, so not feeling optimistic.....

If they can't even provide you a serial number of the items sent to you, you got nothing to worry about it..

They can't prove that they sent it...
2023-5-7
Use props
FlyNorthMK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 5-7 01:59
How do DJI know what they sent you??? Somebody must have scanned the barcode and have the serial number. Otherwise, how do DJI know what and when things leave the warehouse???

Ask them to tell you the serial number of the radio they sent you, so that you can file a police report...

Thanks mate, that's a very good point you made about the bar codes. That said, the person who scanned it and was supposed to have put it in the box could have then trousered it (you can see the effect this is having on me, I'm turning into a paranoid conspiracy theorist and amateur detective)....
2023-5-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-7 01:56
Unfortunately, this sort of thing happens. It seems that DJI Natalia took matters into his own hands post 7, he is one of the rare moderators who does not have a behavior worthy of a bot. I'm confident he'll help you find a solution.

I'm sorry...

Natalia is a "he"????
2023-5-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does anyone have the box for a DJI RC Pro controller? Is so what are its dimensions? In mm would probably be best.
Ditto what are the dimensions of the fly more box and the drone only box?
2023-5-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

FlyNorthMK Posted at 5-7 02:05
Thanks mate, that's a very good point you made about the bar codes. That said, the person who scanned it and was supposed to have put it in the box could have then trousered it (you can see the effect this is having on me, I'm turning into a paranoid conspiracy theorist and amateur detective)....

That's fine. As long as you have the number and you do file the police report stating that you have never received the item.. When I buy from DJI they do have delivery insurance.. Are things in the UK really that different?
2023-5-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-7 02:10
Does anyone have the box for a DJI RC Pro controller? Is so what are its dimensions? In mm would probably be best.
Ditto what are the dimensions of the fly more box and the drone only box?

When I got mine the Fly more bag was attached to the Mini3 box and they were very similar in size...

The RC Pro box is 225 x 205 x 80 (all in mm)
2023-5-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Burt37 Posted at 5-7 02:06
I'm sorry...

Natalia is a "he"????

I haven't looked in his panties yet. I remain cautious.
2023-5-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

FlyNorthMK Posted at 5-7 02:01
Thank you brother, although not sure that anyone at DJI knows what is going on! I have lost count of the many different people who I have corresponded with over the past two week via email and chat, so not feeling optimistic.....

There is hope, look at this recent thread:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=&page=1
2023-5-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 5-7 02:17
When I got mine the Fly more bag was attached to the Mini3 box and they were very similar in size...

The RC Pro box is 225 x 205 x 80 (all in mm)

Cheers but in this case it appears that the drone only box and what I presume is the flymore box are of quite different sizes, in at least 2 dimensions.
2023-5-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-7 02:20
I haven't looked in his panties yet. I remain cautious.

Now I'm a bit worried about you, First you replied "I love you too" to that guy in the other thread, (BTW you should stop making sense as it is obviously hurting people's feelings down there)

And now we got Natalia that thanks to you, I'm no longer sure if it is a bird or a bee...
2023-5-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Burt37 Posted at 5-7 02:25
Now I'm a bit worried about you, First you replied "I love you too" to that guy in the other thread, (BTW you should stop making sense as it is obviously hurting people's feelings down there)

And now we got Natalia that thanks to you, I'm no longer sure if it is a bird or a bee...

Ah yes I remember this story of "love you". A great moment of the DJI forum among so many others.

English is not my natural language. For me he, she, it... same thing.
2023-5-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-7 02:24
Cheers but in this case it appears that the drone only box and what I presume is the flymore box are of quite different sizes, in at least 2 dimensions.

What I meant is that the Mini3 box was about the same size as the fly more bag 230 x 200 x 130

So the package was about 250 x 250 x 300 (more or less)

I didn't buy the RC Pro with the mini 3 Pro

2023-5-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-7 02:34
Ah yes I remember this story of "love you". A great moment of the DJI forum among so many others.

English is not my natural language. For me he, she, it... same thing.

That's ok. It is not my first language either...

How are things going in that part of the world? Are you part of the NATO now? Are you guys safe?
2023-5-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Burt37 Posted at 5-7 02:45
That's ok. It is not my first language either...

How are things going in that part of the world? Are you part of the NATO now? Are you guys safe?

I don't have a television and I'm not interested in the news at all.
We wait. When we have to go, we will.
2023-5-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-7 02:58
I don't have a television and I'm not interested in the news at all.
We wait. When we have to go, we will.

I don't own a television either. With Internet today, watching TV has become a bit superfluous...

Hopefully that day will never come...
2023-5-7
Use props
FlyNorthMK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for all the help and suggestions you marvellous people, I was contacted this morning by DJI and they have agreed to give me a refund for the whole order (including the DJI RC Pro that I wasn't sent). Two weeks wasted and will now have to order the items from a UK supplier so back to square one really. I'm still curious as to why it wasn't sent, but thankfully no longer my problem. Safe skies to you all!
2023-5-8
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

FlyNorthMK Posted at 5-8 11:07
Thanks for all the help and suggestions you marvellous people, I was contacted this morning by DJI and they have agreed to give me a refund for the whole order (including the DJI RC Pro that I wasn't sent). Two weeks wasted and will now have to order the items from a UK supplier so back to square one really. I'm still curious as to why it wasn't sent, but thankfully no longer my problem. Safe skies to you all!

Good news.
We keep DJI Natalia on the white list.
2023-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules