DJI 30W USB-C Charger vs Two-Way Charging Hub
1936 23 2023-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LGLDSR
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

I just purchased a Mini 3 Pro RC with the Fly More Plus Kit. What is the difference between the DJI 30W USB-C Charger and the Two-Way Charging Hub that ships with the Fly More Plus Kit?

Thank you!
2023-5-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Hub is just that, its not a charger, the hub still needs a charger, it doesnt have to be DJI though, any will do thats 18w and above, i would recommend at least 30w but ideally a 3 port 65w so you can charge 3 at the same time, drone, RC and hub
2023-5-6
Use props
LGLDSR
lvl.1

United States

Bashy Posted at 5-6 17:48
The Hub is just that, its not a charger, the hub still needs a charger, it doesnt have to be DJI though, any will do thats 18w and above, i would recommend at least 30w but ideally a 3 port 65w so you can charge 3 at the same time, drone, RC and hub

Thank you! I'm (obviously) new to all this so your input is greatly appreciated!

- LD
2023-5-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, LGLDSR. Thank you for reaching out. DJI 30W USB-C Charger and Two-Way Charging Hub are two different devices. For your reference here is the DJI 30W USB-C Charger where you can connect the drone or even the Two-Way Charging Hub.

The Two-Way Charging Hub can charge the remote controller and three batteries in sequence. It can also be used as a mobile power source.

Hope this helps.
2023-5-7
Use props
GravityRZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71965 ft
Netherlands

i bought a toocki 67w charger with 2x usb-c ports and 1x usb-A(aliexpress)

ideal to charge hub and rc controller at the same time.

i would advice not to charge the battery while it is in the drone because they get more hot.
in the hub they do not reach temperatures above 35 degrees

2023-5-8
Use props
LGLDSR
lvl.1

United States

GravityRZ Posted at 5-8 03:48

Thank you very much, GravityRZ!
2023-5-8
Use props
LGLDSR
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-7 20:58
Hi, LGLDSR. Thank you for reaching out. DJI 30W USB-C Charger and Two-Way Charging Hub are two different devices. For your reference here is the DJI 30W USB-C Charger where you can connect the drone or even the Two-Way Charging Hub.
[view_image]
The Two-Way Charging Hub can charge the remote controller and three batteries in sequence. It can also be used as a mobile power source.

DJI Gamora,

It helps allot, thank you very much. Being new at this the more information I receive the more I learn. I sincerely appreciate it!

Best,

LGLDSR
2023-5-8
Use props
LGLDSR
lvl.1

United States

GravityRZ Posted at 5-8 03:48

"i would advice not to charge the battery while it is in the drone because they get more hot.
in the hub they do not reach temperatures above 35 degree"

Good to know, thank you!  :-)
2023-5-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LGLDSR Posted at 5-8 04:14
"i would advice not to charge the battery while it is in the drone because they get more hot.
in the hub they do not reach temperatures above 35 degree"

Thare no issues when charging the battery in the drone, even fast charging s perfectly fine.

Just ensure the batteries have cooled down before charging them and all will be well.
However, charging in the car on a hot day would probably be a different kettle of squid.
2023-5-8
Use props
LGLDSR
lvl.1

United States

Bashy Posted at 5-8 19:10
Thare no issues when charging the battery in the drone, even fast charging s perfectly fine.

Just ensure the batteries have cooled down before charging them and all will be well.

Thank you very much for that information. I really do appreciate it!

Really a great Forum here!

Best,

LGLDSR
2023-5-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LGLDSR Posted at 5-9 14:05
Thank you very much for that information. I really do appreciate it!

Really a great Forum here!

No worries, just be aware of 'elcheapo chargers, never leave them unattended when in use, i.e. don't go to bed or leave the house when charging, although, it's best not to do that even with decent chargers anyway.
2023-5-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

LGLDSR Posted at 5-8 04:02
DJI Gamora,

It helps allot, thank you very much. Being new at this the more information I receive the more I learn. I sincerely appreciate it!

You're welcome, LGLDSR. Should you need further technical assistance, don't hesitate to reach us again here at DJI Forum. Have a safe flight always!
2023-5-10
Use props
LGLDSR
lvl.1

United States

Bashy Posted at 5-9 17:11
No worries, just be aware of 'elcheapo chargers, never leave them unattended when in use, i.e. don't go to bed or leave the house when charging, although, it's best not to do that even with decent chargers anyway.

Absolutely correct...multiple reports of fires though usually related to cell phones. But a charger is a charger is a charger....

BTW and while wholly unrelated to this, do not ever just toss uncapped 9V batteries into a drawer. Was watching the news last year about a guy that tossed a 9V battery into his nightstand and walked away. Shortly afterwards he smelt smoke. Apparently the 9V battery made contact with a metal object inside where there was paper as well.

Here is an older video of a guy that found out the hard way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoAO1S5w7KM
2023-5-10
Use props
LGLDSR
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-10 07:24
You're welcome, LGLDSR. Should you need further technical assistance, don't hesitate to reach us again here at DJI Forum. Have a safe flight always!

Thank you and to you as well!
2023-5-10
Use props
djiuser_WvfbOBIaR4dn
lvl.1
United States

Having issues with two separate charging hubs. Both have the same issue. Not showing any green lights when batteries are plugged in.

I’m using a 25w charging block to plug in the hub. It works just fine when plugged into the drone however the hub seems to be unresponsive. I’m not leaving it on overnight or for hours on end. I’ve bought two of these drone systems in the past couple weeks and both are having the same issues with the charging hubs. They both worked at first but then seemed to stop working after the first 24 hours.

youtu+be/gGMYDFEEHCY : CHANGE THE + TO . SO THE LINK WORKS

The first video starts with the DJI charging hub with no batteries in it showing that it is authentic. Then I  load three batteries that have an active charge into the hub. The hub does not respond whatsoever with any lights showing the current status of any battery or any active charging. I then take out individual batteries and trying the power button to see if that would affect it.
2023-5-10
Use props
djiuser_WvfbOBIaR4dn
lvl.1
United States

The rest of the video show me loading each battery into the drone with the same usb c power cord. Each battery is full, however the fully loaded batteries should be showing active lights when plugged in and the power button pressed.

youtu+be/Z-gWdamFkI4 : CHANGE + TO . SO THE LINK WORKS

The second video shows a brand new charging hub I received 24 hours earlier and is now doing the same malfunction. Active battles not showing any green lights in the second charging hub.

It then shows two batteries that have a very low charge. They both show they can charge in the drone just fine with the same usb c charging cable from before. I then plug the two low batteries into the second hub to show that it had no green lights showing when plugged in or not.
2023-5-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_WvfbOBIaR4dn Posted at 5-10 16:14
Having issues with two separate charging hubs. Both have the same issue. Not showing any green lights when batteries are plugged in.

I’m using a 25w charging block to plug in the hub. It works just fine when plugged into the drone however the hub seems to be unresponsive. I’m not leaving it on overnight or for hours on end. I’ve bought two of these drone systems in the past couple weeks and both are having the same issues with the charging hubs. They both worked at first but then seemed to stop working after the first 24 hours.

I think they have to be PD chargers
2023-5-10
Use props
djiuser_WvfbOBIaR4dn
lvl.1
United States

Bashy Posted at 5-10 18:22
I think they have to be PD chargers

It is a PD charger. I’ve tried two different types of PD chargers ( one being an Apple PD charger ) and still the same. They all charge the drone just fine however the hub is bricked on both of them.
2023-5-10
Use props
Frank071
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128586 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_WvfbOBIaR4dn Posted at 5-10 19:16
It is a PD charger. I’ve tried two different types of PD chargers ( one being an Apple PD charger ) and still the same. They all charge the drone just fine however the hub is bricked on both of them.

Irrelevant of the PD charger, the hub should show green leds shortly after a battery is inserted. You say that the 2nd hub arrived 24h before you made the video. Did it work correctly out of the box? What happened between then and "now"? Some other thingst to try:
- use the hub as power source to see if that awakens the hub
- press the power button longer (over 15s) while there are batteries installed
- use a non-PD charger
- connect both a charger and something that uses power from the hub and see if that latter gets power routed through it. Try this both with and without (a) batter(y/ies) installed

HTH
2023-5-11
Use props
djiuser_WvfbOBIaR4dn
lvl.1
United States

Frank071 Posted at 5-11 00:04
Irrelevant of the PD charger, the hub should show green leds shortly after a battery is inserted. You say that the 2nd hub arrived 24h before you made the video. Did it work correctly out of the box? What happened between then and "now"? Some other thingst to try:
- use the hub as power source to see if that awakens the hub
- press the power button longer (over 15s) while there are batteries installed

That has all been tried and nothing happenes on the hub.

I’m not aware what happened from “then to now” but it worked out of the box, I unplugged it after about an hour of working. After that it hasn’t been able to work on both hubs
2023-5-11
Use props
GravityRZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71965 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_WvfbOBIaR4dn Posted at 5-11 08:13
That has all been tried and nothing happenes on the hub.

I’m not aware what happened from “then to now” but it worked out of the box, I unplugged it after about an hour of working. After that it hasn’t been able to work on both hubs

for everybody who does not have a charging hub

i bought this one. really nice and cheaper than the original 3 battery charger

i can charge 2 batteries at the same time and monitor both voltage, amps and temp

2023-5-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_WvfbOBIaR4dn Posted at 5-11 08:13
That has all been tried and nothing happenes on the hub.

I’m not aware what happened from “then to now” but it worked out of the box, I unplugged it after about an hour of working. After that it hasn’t been able to work on both hubs

I wonder if something is wrong with the charger youre using when you 1st tried it and it worked, perhaps its bricking the hubs, this could happen if its overcharging etc, whilst there should be failsafes in the chargers, some cheap ones are not much cop in this regards.

I assume i have just posted a reply to your actual post too but i mentioned the cable there as i didn't realise all the ins and outs
2023-5-11
Use props
Frank071
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128586 ft
Netherlands

Bashy Posted at 5-11 17:06
I wonder if something is wrong with the charger youre using when you 1st tried it and it worked, perhaps its bricking the hubs, this could happen if its overcharging etc, whilst there should be failsafes in the chargers, some cheap ones are not much cop in this regards.

I assume i have just posted a reply to your actual post too but i mentioned the cable there as i didn't realise all the ins and outs

That would also be my assumption, but I'd assume that the hub would then already be unresponsive before the cable was removed. And, according to the OP, the hub was working when he disconnected it. Strange.
2023-5-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Frank071 Posted at 5-12 07:48
That would also be my assumption, but I'd assume that the hub would then already be unresponsive before the cable was removed. And, according to the OP, the hub was working when he disconnected it. Strange.

I have responded on his actual thread.
2023-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules