The propeller cut me
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skawzy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 343766 ft
Serbia

I just wanted to tell you guys to Be careful when launching a drone by hand. I know here we have professionals, but one second of inattention can make a problem or injury.

I'm in the drone world for more than 3 years but..one second of inattention, and this happens.

20230508_082213-min.jpg

I was fishing and I wanted to make some cool videos, maybe some of you know what is feeder fishing maybe not. For those who don't know. " A feeder fishing is a type of bait application tackle that allows anglers to keep carp and other species in an area by leaving lots of freebie bait.  " a short sentence.

In feeder fishing, if you don't have bipping signals when the fish is caught, you need to watch and pay attention to the fishing rod tip so you can see when the fish is caught.

I don't know why I paid attention to the fishing rod tip the moment I press the button to start the motors. Luckily I was not hurt so badly but I could. I was flying with Air 2s. Strong motors and sharp propellers. It took about 20 minutes for the blood to stop. Btw, this didn't stop me to make some cool photos and videos.

So guys, be careful, these big drones are very strong and can hurt you really bad.

2023-5-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ouch.  Thanks for the reminder.  Always a need to stay focus when flying, especially when hand launching and hand recovery.  
2023-5-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've trimmed a fingernail or two when hand-catching the drone, but I've not drawn blood - so far.  A cautionary tale from you
2023-5-8
Use props
skawzy
lvl.3
Serbia

All drone captains should pay attention to this, especially the pilots with big drones.

It's good to have a landing pad, today I ordered one for my Air 2s on aliexpress. I will use it in most cases to land my drone.

2023-5-8
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad to hear you weren't hurt worse than that. Keep it safe!

PS: Your avatar logo is pretty cool
2023-5-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I am sorry to read about this accident, please take good care of the wound. Safety is always the priority, so please do pay attention while flying the drone.
May I know if there is anything with the drone? Any assistance is required, please feel free to ask.
2023-5-8
Use props
skawzy
lvl.3
Serbia

HGDC84 Posted at 5-8 12:41
Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad to hear you weren't hurt worse than that. Keep it safe!

PS: Your avatar logo is pretty cool

Thanks!

DJI Susan, everything is fine with my drone. I'm guessing this didn't affect the engine badly because it hit a finger and not something heavy, a tree, or a fall.
2023-5-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ouch. I had that too once.
2023-6-2
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I have never had this happen to me.  I have only hand launched my mini 2 though.  I have never tried my Air2S or Phantom 4 Pro.  I feel that they are too large and heavy for me to try.  Maybe someday I will feel more confident to try those down the road, but for now with all my drones I use a launch pad as a good rule.
2023-8-20
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5009016 ft
  • >>>
United States

I come from the radio control modeling field where I have seen people lose fingers. It's never a great idea to hand launch a drone. There are times I have to do it like when you're launching around snow, sand or rocks, but I'm never happy about it.
2023-9-9
Use props
Shang
Banned

Hong Kong

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2023-9-23
Use props
Shang
Banned

Hong Kong

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2023-9-23
Use props
Kenneth Green
lvl.1

Ukraine

When the propeller cut my club, I was sick for a very long time, the doctor told me to wear a bandage for two weeks!
2023-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules