Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HD Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5199646 ft
  • >>>
United States

Howdy all.

So, I'm a new M30T owner and have been working thru the learning curve with the software.

I'm finding transferring file quite a laborious effort. Are there any instructions out there that can help me with transferring files off the drone, controller to workstation.
It is not a clear, quick workflow to get the files transferred. and using Bluetooth is joke!

I'm surely missing something?!  LOL
Thank you.

2023-5-9
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I've been asking that question for over a week now, and I received an anser.

1. The M30T aircraft doesn’t have internal storage. The maximum storage is the external storage and is a 128GB SD Card.  The photos and videos captured and recorded will be stored in the DCIM file folder of the microSD card in the aircraft.

2. When you connect the RC Plus Controller to the aircraft and review the photos and video in the Album in the Pilot 2 APP, when the images and videos are selected, they can then be downloaded to the controller when the images are selected.

3. The App doesn’t support the ability change the storage path in the remote controller. The images and videos are store to the internal 64GB of the controller. Then you can copy the images and videos to the external micoSD card or a thumb drive.

DJI recommends connecting the aircraft to the computer to view the original photos and videos. You can view the cached pictures and videos in your remote controller.

2023-5-13
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

UPDATE

I was having difficulty in transferring the image files off of the M30T. I was hoping the process would be as easy as the DJI Prosumer Camera drones. I was sadly mistaken.

I tried using the DJI RC PLUS Controller to download images by reviewing them in the "ALBUM" while the M30T was powered up. After transferring them to the controller, it was a bit of a hassle as stated in the above comments.

I also found out that you CANNOT transfer the High-Res Grid images out of the M30T to the RC PLUS Controller.  The entire file name is changed, and you do not get all of the file to view the images in a browser as it was originally designed to do.

If you try to use the album, the images are at risk of being damaged within the RC Plus, from mashing the images with other images to changing the naming convention.

I found that the whole High-Res Grid images where stored in the M30T microSD card with the correct, and complete format, HTML, and the correct naming convention you where telling me was incorrect. I have attached an image of the file directory and the files stored within the root directory of microSD card located within the M30T

So it looks like the only way to move the High-Res Grid images, is to remove the microSD card every time you need to remove the images.

Compared to the way users can access and download images and videos from all of the DJI prosumer camera drones, the process to remove images and videos off of the M30T is a hassle and could be prone to dropping and damaging the microSD card, and possibly damaging the microSD card port in the drone.

It would be nice if DJI could have their engineers revisit the way to remove the images less pain full by using the RC PLUS the same way as the other prosumer controllers handle the image and video data..

This is my first DJI Enterprise drone, so I don't know if their other Enterprise drones handle images in the same fashion.
2023-5-22
Use props
EDSC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2799295 ft
  • >>>
Canada

HD Pilot Posted at 2023-5-22 08:38
UPDATE

I was having difficulty in transferring the image files off of the M30T. I was hoping the process would be as easy as the DJI Prosumer Camera drones. I was sadly mistaken.

I just received the M30T and found the same issues. Since there is no option to have screen recordings save directly to the SD card in the controller, I have to turn on the controller and move the file to the external SD card after every flight when I get home. This is a huge pain in the ass.
2-20 08:51
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I see that they have upgraded the Avata 2 to allow file transfer via the Fly app, but still .. the sleep has fallen on the Matrice 30. No further updates or upgrades. File transfers is only thru removing SDCard to transfer images and videos.
The thermal images are sub-par to the competition and the object recognition and tracking is all over the place.

Looks like the sun will be setting on the Matrice 30 soon!
4-16 19:46
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules