Air 2 battery's life expectancy.
1856 10 2023-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Pilot 197
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3066545 ft
United Kingdom

Air 2 battery's life expectancy.        what is the life of the Air 2 batteries? I have got to 100 cycles out so far and they are swelling up noticeably. I have 3 as I have got the Fly More kit. Does DJI take any sort of responsibility for the life of the batteries? Anything would help? Even a coupon would help. lol if not well I better start saving.

2023-5-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Drone Pilot 197. Thank you for reaching out. The life expectancy of the Lithium intelligent flight battery depends on how frequently it is used and how well it is maintained. Generally, Lithium batteries have a lifespan of around 300 to 500 charge cycles before their performance begins to degrade. However, the lifespan can be extended by practicing proper battery maintenance, such as regularly charging and discharging the battery, storing it in a cool, dry place, and avoiding extreme temperatures and humidity. It is also important to use the battery with compatible devices and follow the manufacturer's guidelines for proper usage and care. If the unit is still under the manufacturer's warranty, you may send it to our facility for checking. If the battery is already out of warranty, you are recommended to buy a new battery and dispose of the old one properly.

You can also refer to the Battery Routine Maintenance Guide( https://repair.dji.com/help/cont ... p;re=US&lang=en), which is helpful to extend the service life of the battery. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-5-9
Use props
Drone Pilot 197
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-9 21:32
Hi, Drone Pilot 197. Thank you for reaching out. The life expectancy of the Lithium intelligent flight battery depends on how frequently it is used and how well it is maintained. Generally, Lithium batteries have a lifespan of around 300 to 500 charge cycles before their performance begins to degrade. However, the lifespan can be extended by practicing proper battery maintenance, such as regularly charging and discharging the battery, storing it in a cool, dry place, and avoiding extreme temperatures and humidity. It is also important to use the battery with compatible devices and follow the manufacturer's guidelines for proper usage and care. If the unit is still under the manufacturer's warranty, you may send it to our facility for checking. If the battery is already out of warranty, you are recommended to buy a new battery and dispose of the old one properly.

You can also refer to the Battery Routine Maintenance Guide( https://repair.dji.com/help/content?customId=en-us03400006549&spaceId=34&re=US&lang=en), which is helpful to extend the service life of the battery. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Yes, I thought so I only got 100 cycles so I am gutted it's just outside the two years so I now have to come up with £315 I thought I would get 200 cycles at least. Not happy but never mind I guess.
2023-5-11
Use props
Drone Pilot 197
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi, Drone Pilot 197. Thank you for reaching out. The life expectancy of the Lithium intelligent flight battery depends on how frequently it is used and how well it is maintained. Generally, Lithium batteries have a lifespan of around 300 to 500 charge cycles before their performance begins to degrade. However, the lifespan can be extended by practicing proper battery maintenance, such as regularly charging and discharging the battery, storing it in a cool, dry place, and avoiding extreme temperatures and humidity. It is also important to use the battery with compatible devices and follow the manufacturer's guidelines for proper usage and care. If the unit is still under the manufacturer's warranty, you may send it to our facility for checking. If the battery is already out of warranty, you are recommended to buy a new battery and dispose of the old one properly.

You can also refer to the Battery Routine Maintenance Guide( https://repair.dji.com/help/content?customId=en-us03400006549&spaceId=34&re=US&lang=en), which is helpful to extend the service life of the battery. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Yes, I thought so I only got 100 cycles so I am gutted it's just outside the two years so I now have to come up with £315 I thought I would get 200 cycles at least. Not happy but never mind I guess.
2023-5-11
Use props
Drone Pilot 197
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi, Drone Pilot 197. Thank you for reaching out. The life expectancy of the Lithium intelligent flight battery depends on how frequently it is used and how well it is maintained. Generally, Lithium batteries have a lifespan of around 300 to 500 charge cycles before their performance begins to degrade. However, the lifespan can be extended by practicing proper battery maintenance, such as regularly charging and discharging the battery, storing it in a cool, dry place, and avoiding extreme temperatures and humidity. It is also important to use the battery with compatible devices and follow the manufacturer's guidelines for proper usage and care. If the unit is still under the manufacturer's warranty, you may send it to our facility for checking. If the battery is already out of warranty, you are recommended to buy a new battery and dispose of the old one properly.

I've been working with lipo batteries for almost 20 years so I have looked after them. this is disappointing.
2023-5-11
Use props
Drone Pilot 197
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I've been working with lipo batteries for almost 20 years so I have looked after them. this is disappointing.
2023-5-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Drone Pilot 197 Posted at 5-11 10:06
Yes, I thought so I only got 100 cycles so I am gutted it's just outside the two years so I now have to come up with £315 I thought I would get 200 cycles at least. Not happy but never mind I guess.

We are sorry for this. if the battery is out of warranty, we are sorry that we are unable to provide warranty service, you may need to purchase a new battery for flying. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-5-11
Use props
Drone Pilot 197
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-11 20:23
We are sorry for this. if the battery is out of warranty, we are sorry that we are unable to provide warranty service, you may need to purchase a new battery for flying. Thanks for your understanding.
It is what it is. I was not expecting to have to replace the batteries so early I thought I had another 100 cycles. Yes I am out of warranty but was hoping for something as it it was only 100 cycles I got. Never mind it is what it is and I was only hoping. I better get saving. Thanks you for your response and time. I did know that there wea unlikely to be any help because it over the two years but at least I now know about this because I have the mini 2 and it is in warranty and I will keep a closer eye on these batteries especially for swelling up
2023-5-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Drone Pilot 197 Posted at 5-12 07:00
It is what it is. I was not expecting to have to replace the batteries so early I thought I had another 100 cycles. Yes I am out of warranty but was hoping for something as it it was only 100 cycles I got. Never mind it is what it is and I was only hoping. I better get saving. Thanks you for your response and time. I did know that there wea unlikely to be any help because it over the two years but at least I now know about this because I have the mini 2 and it is in warranty and I will keep a closer eye on these batteries especially for swelling up

Sorry again for your case. Additional information is that to maintain the battery's health, we suggest storing the battery at 40~65% power if it will not be used for more than 10 days. Totally discharge and charge the battery at least once every 3 months. Thank you.
2023-5-12
Use props
Drone Pilot 197
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 5-12 22:54
Sorry again for your case. Additional information is that to maintain the battery's health, we suggest storing the battery at 40~65% power if it will not be used for more than 10 days. Totally discharge and charge the battery at least once every 3 months. Thank you,

I fly almost everyday so they do not get 10 days rest very often and yes I already know about the battery health like I said I've been working with lipo batteries for a long time and I give the same advice away on Facebook as I'm apart of lots of Facebook groups and have YouTube channel and give advice on DJI products. I've been flying for 20 years. I started with helicopter. Thanks anyways.
2023-5-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Drone Pilot 197 Posted at 5-13 13:44
I fly almost everyday so they do not get 10 days rest very often and yes I already know about the battery health like I said I've been working with lipo batteries for a long time and I give the same advice away on Facebook as I'm apart of lots of Facebook groups and have YouTube channel and give advice on DJI products. I've been flying for 20 years. I started with helicopter. Thanks anyways.

Thank you for your understanding and support. Please let us know if you have any questions.
2023-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules