Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all,

My Mavic 3 Pro arrived yesterday and I tested my Mavic 3 Cine batteries in it. I wanted to share my batteries between the 2 as I did not want to buy the Mavic 3 Pro fly more combo.
The batteries do work in either but you have to change the FW in them to make them compatible. Each battery swap between the Mavic 3s require a battery firmware update.

DJI please fix. This is a PITA.

2023-5-9
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not to mention the 3E.  It is a time waster.
2023-5-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, bjr981s. Thank you for reaching out. Let me confirm this with our relevant team. We'll get back to you once we receive an update.
2023-5-9
Use props
Axelz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3427999 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just requires firmware update when you swap the batteries over, appears to be the same behaviour as when using batteries in both the mavic 3 and mavic 3 enterprise. You can always do before heading out flying if the time taken for this is an issue for you. This isn't a fault as such, but a feature...
2023-5-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, bjr981s. Thank you for patiently waiting, we now received feedback from our relevant team. They would like to know if you are referring to the battery firmware. As for our experience, it is the controller which needs to update the firmware to the corresponding compatible firmware when you try linking with different aircraft models. Are you using an RC-N1 controller? If not, please provide us a screenshot showing the prompt. Please keeps us posted. Thank you
2023-5-10
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-10 23:59
Hi, bjr981s. Thank you for patiently waiting, we now received feedback from our relevant team. They would like to know if you are referring to the battery firmware. As for our experience, it is the controller which needs to update the firmware to the corresponding compatible firmware when you try linking with different aircraft models. Are you using an RC-N1 controller? If not, please provide us a screenshot showing the prompt. Please keeps us posted. Thank you

HI Gamora,

Yes it is the Battery firmware I am referring to. It has nothing to do with any controller. I am using Assistant 2.  Just the M3s attached via USB. M3 Cine and M3 Pro

When you power on and select in Assistant 2 it says hardware incompatibility detected.
So you update the firmware and all is OK. Then you put this battery into the other M3 and connect to Assistant 2 it says Hardware incompatibility detected and released FW for the other M3.

Each battery has to be updated for the FW for the drone used when swapping batteries between them.

2023-5-11
Use props
Vtcats
lvl.4
Flight distance : 199518 ft
United States

So basically you can “technically” use them, but definitely not as a hot swap. It’s a process… That’s unfortunate.
2023-5-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

bjr981s Posted at 5-11 03:28
HI Gamora,

Yes it is the Battery firmware I am referring to. It has nothing to do with any controller. I am using Assistant 2.  Just the M3s attached via USB. M3 Cine and M3 Pro

Hi, bjr981s. Thank you for providing more information. Let me confirm with our relevant team if this is normal. We'll get back to you when we receive an update. Thank you.
2023-5-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

HI Gamora,

so this is a buggy assistant 2 or does this happen in the field as well?
2023-5-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vtcats Posted at 5-11 05:29
So basically you can “technically” use them, but definitely not as a hot swap. It’s a process… That’s unfortunate.

i tend to think of hot swapping as a capability which allows you to change the battery without powering off the device.  that's where my confusion comes in.  simply being able to move a battery from one drone model to a different drone model or remove a battery and replace with another battery is not hot swapping.  so i immediately said to myself, there's no way you can hotswap batteries with these drones under any circumstances.
2023-5-12
Use props
Vtcats
lvl.4
Flight distance : 199518 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-12 07:07
i tend to think of hot swapping as a capability which allows you to change the battery without powering off the device.  that's where my confusion comes in.  simply being able to move a battery from one drone model to a different drone model or remove a battery and replace with another battery is not hot swapping.  so i immediately said to myself, there's no way you can hotswap batteries with these drones under any circumstances.

True. But compared to having to update the battery each time, I’ll call it a DJI hot swap.
2023-5-12
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The Saint Posted at 5-12 07:03
so this is a buggy assistant 2 or does this happen in the field as well?

Its firmware incompatibility between drone and battery so it happens all the time.
2023-5-12
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-12 06:51
Hi, bjr981s. Thank you for providing more information. Let me confirm with our relevant team if this is normal. We'll get back to you when we receive an update. Thank you.

A similar thing happened with the Air 2 and the Air 2S

The Air 2 batteries when checked and no update needed in the Air 2, when placed in the Air 2S they required a firmware update.

But when placing the battery back in the Air 2, the Air 2 was happy to accept that battery firmware version without trying to revert it back.

This is what we need for the Mavic 3 batteries. I don't know if the Mavic classic has the same issue or not.
2023-5-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

HI Gamora,

Hi, bjr981s. Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received feedback from our relevant team. Please refer to the details below:

For DJI Mavic 3 Pro/Pro Cine, DJI Mavic 3 Classic, and DJI Mavic 3/Cine have different firmware versions; DJI Mavic 3 Pro/Pro Cine have the same firmware version; DJI Mavic 3/cine have the same firmware version.

When the app prompts that the firmware does not match, it may be because the firmware version of the remote control/intelligent flight battery and other components are inconsistent with the aircraft, which leads to flight restrictions, and the firmware needs to be upgraded to the latest version. Please follow the prompts in the pop-up window to refresh the firmware, or connect to the assistant software to manually refresh the firmware. If there are multiple batteries, every time the aircraft is upgraded, each battery needs to be inserted into the fuselage to upgrade together.
2023-5-16
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-16 07:55
Hi, bjr981s. Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received feedback from our relevant team. Please refer to the details below:

For DJI Mavic 3 Pro/Pro Cine, DJI Mavic 3 Classic, and DJI Mavic 3/Cine have different firmware versions; DJI Mavic 3 Pro/Pro Cine have the same firmware version; DJI Mavic 3/cine have the same firmware version.

Thanks for the detail Gamora.

This means that the Battery firmware is different between the Mavic 3 and the Mavic 3 Pro version.

So effectively the batteries are not compatible without first changing the firmware on the battery to suit the model you have swapped the battery into.

As stated earlier the Air 2 and Air2 S had the same issue but the Air2 recognised the updated firmware as being compatible and did not ask to be changed back like is happening on the Mavic 3s.

Will this be rectified by a future Firmware update?
2023-5-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

@DJI, it would be nice if the battery for the Mavic 3 was universal in it's application across the product line.  Simply put, I would like to have my inventory of batteries able to be immediately used in any Mavic 3 device (no matter the variant) without a firmware update required for consistency.   Given the battery has very few tasks other than to power the drone, it is hard to understand why the lack of convenience exists.
2023-5-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

bjr981s Posted at 5-16 19:26
Thanks for the detail Gamora.

This means that the Battery firmware is different between the Mavic 3 and the Mavic 3 Pro version.

Hi, bjr981s. Currently, this is the logic to have consistent firmware to match the drone's model even with the Air 2. We don't have any information if this can be rectified in the future but we can forward this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-5-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 5-16 20:08
@DJI, it would be nice if the battery for the Mavic 3 was universal in it's application across the product line.  Simply put, I would like to have my inventory of batteries able to be immediately used in any Mavic 3 device (no matter the variant) without a firmware update required for consistency.   Given the battery has very few tasks other than to power the drone, it is hard to understand why the lack of convenience exists.

Hi, TonyPHX. Thank you for your insights. We understand how convenient this will be for the users. I'll forward this one as well to our relevant team for evaluation. Thank you for your support.
2023-5-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-17 03:25
Hi, TonyPHX. Thank you for your insights. We understand how convenient this will be for the users. I'll forward this one as well to our relevant team for evaluation. Thank you for your support.

Thank you @DJI Gamora for sending that one.  
2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 5-18 08:43
Thank you @DJI Gamora for sending that one.

You're most welcome, TonyPHX. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-5-19
Use props
maikomou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4999931 ft
French Polynesia

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-16 07:55

So just to confirm as it was not evoked, even switching batteries from the mavic 3 pro to mavic 3 classic, will do the upgrade process ?
Regards
2023-7-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

maikomou Posted at 7-21 16:11
So just to confirm as it was not evoked, even switching batteries from the mavic 3 pro to mavic 3 classic, will do the upgrade process ?
Regards

Thank you for your response. When switching batteries and there is a firmware update required, the app will surely notify you about this and you can perform the update using the DJI Assistant 2 software. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-7-30
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1829121 ft
United States

What would possibly make it easier for us to understand is an explanation. Is the battery data accessed differently in the many versions of the Mavic 3 series and Enterprise series? For example, is the hardware subtly different?  That is a better explanation for the firmware issues than just not so clever programming. Perhaps asking the relevant team may result in a better answer and a much easier time for those of us with all three versions (I have a 3, 3 pro and 3T Enterprise) to accept. It does make battery management a bit troublesome nonetheless.
2023-7-31
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Currently, with current versions of firmware, I do not have any update request when moving batteries between M3Cine, M3Pro Cine, and M3E.  So for right now, they are all aligned....
2023-7-31
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1829121 ft
United States

I still get it with the regular Mavic 3, odd man out of the group. So I must sequester a couple of batteries for it alone or do the firmware shuffle back and forth. I use the regular 3 as a mule to carry other equipment on its back, since it is the lightest of the pack.
2023-7-31
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

TonyPHX Posted at 7-31 16:50
Currently, with current versions of firmware, I do not have any update request when moving batteries between M3Cine, M3Pro Cine, and M3E.  So for right now, they are all aligned....

Ah I have not tested with the latest Firmware I will try and swap batteries again. I did buy another set for my Pro to make life easier. I guess if it works I will have 8 batteries to run in either.
2023-8-1
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 8-1 18:57
Ah I have not tested with the latest Firmware I will try and swap batteries again. I did buy another set for my Pro to make life easier. I guess if it works I will have 8 batteries to run in either.

For now at least that is.  : )

Also, check out the M3 battery case at GPC cases.  I got a couple and love them!!!
2023-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules