Mavic 3 Pro from Amazon
2237 22 2023-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MHM
Second Officer

United States

Has anyone recieved there Mavic 3 Pro from Amazon ?
I ordered on Launch day from Amazon with a release date on May 9th and a delivery date of May 10th.  Well last night I had an email from Amazon.......
.Approval required for your Amazon orderHello,
We're encountering a delay in shipping your order. We’ll make every effort to get the delayed item to you as soon as possible. If you still want this item, please confirm below. We apologize for the delay.

Did anyone else get this email ?

2023-5-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

which of the various kits did you order?
2023-5-10
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

The Saint Posted at 5-10 17:34
which of the various kits did you order?

Mavic 3 Pro with RC controller ......$2199.00
2023-5-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

i remember the mini 3 pro launch on amazon, they didn't get their kits on time so you'll likely have to wait longer.  seems like all 4 configurations are out of stock.  iirc, the next step is they publish a date.
2023-5-10
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4031483 ft
United States

I ordered from Amazon on launch day. It is shipped today. The expected delivery date is tomorrow.
2023-5-11
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

jerryway Posted at 5-11 13:57
I ordered from Amazon on launch day. It is shipped today. The expected delivery date is tomorrow.

That’s good to hear, hopefully my order will be shipping soon.
2023-5-11
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

having similar problems with Amazon.de, its saying preparing to despatch for the last 3 days.
2023-5-11
Use props
Viridis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2383556 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Amazon uk don't even have a date.
2023-5-12
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered B&H on the 8th and it shipped later that day.
2023-5-12
Use props
Viridis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Amazon uk now updated the putchase page to say "delivery on 27th may"
But my preorder still has no date lol
2023-5-12
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

It's just a estimate date when you order. No way it will ship on the 9 and you get it on the 10. Lol. Only way is you paid overnight shipping which is really expensive. Give it at least 3 to 7 days. Don't expect it next day delivery.
2023-5-12
Use props
Viridis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 5-12 04:34
It's just a estimate date when you order. No way it will ship on the 9 and you get it on the 10. Lol. Only way is you paid overnight shipping which is really expensive. Give it at least 3 to 7 days. Don't expect it next day delivery.
Amazon in some countries and states next day delivery is the norm
2023-5-12
Use props
djiuser_tHoGLdOx60Gu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280495 ft
  • >>>
United States

We were burned too, pre-ordered early. Delivery date was 10th. The night of, we had to authorize, then it went 'Shipping Details Soon' message. On chat with Amazon we heard as little as a few days to early June (which tells us that we probably got screwed on the pre-order). They either promised the first batch and screwed up or the authorization challenge bumped us.

So, we cancelled once we found out that B&H had them in stock, got it the 11th. The whole process caused problems, we were on a strict schedule and thankfully we were just a day behind. Amazon used to send items to your door the day they released and we thought that could happen here. No more of that I guess, plus the worse and worse service. We should have pre-ordered it from a real camera store. We've learned our lesson.
2023-5-12
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

djiuser_tHoGLdOx60Gu Posted at 5-12 08:07
We were burned too, pre-ordered early. Delivery date was 10th. The night of, we had to authorize, then it went 'Shipping Details Soon' message. On chat with Amazon we heard as little as a few days to early June (which tells us that we probably got screwed on the pre-order). They either promised the first batch and screwed up or the authorization challenge bumped us.

So, we cancelled once we found out that B&H had them in stock, got it the 11th, which really caused problems. Amazon used to send items to your door the day they released and we thought that could happen here. No more of that I guess, plus the worse and worse service. We should have pre-ordered it from a real camera store. We've learned our lesson.

Wow crazy to see people have no patience waiting a few days for their products  lol. Shipping takes time. Everyone just want their stuff asap. The drone only released on the 9th. I pre ordered mine and is still waiting. Im the meantime i am flying my mini 2. I get it if it takes months, but the mavic 3 pro only released 3 days ago. I preorder mine on may 1, and havent gotten it. So just wait a bit folks. It will come. Whats the rush???
Screenshot_20230512_112538_Chrome.jpg
2023-5-12
Use props
Milleker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280495 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 5-12 08:27
Wow crazy to see people have no patience waiting a few days for their products  lol. Shipping takes time. Everyone just want their stuff asap. The drone only released on the 9th. I pre ordered mine and is still waiting. Im the meantime i am flying my mini 2. I get it if it takes months, but the mavic 3 pro only released 3 days ago. I preorder mine on may 1, and havent gotten it. So just wait a bit folks. It will come. Whats the rush???

You may or may not be in the same boat, but we make a living from photography and videography and the majority of our time is away from home. We had scheduled the day to receive it and a day to 'learn the ropes.' When your livelihood depends on a schedule, you have clients waiting, and/or you earn a living from the timeliness of posting related social media footage of the 'next big thing,' it gets hairy.

If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have even bought the 3 Pro, or at least wait until the bugs are ironed out.
Alternatively, DJI schedules release days for a reason, they send influencers products early, it's all about hype and big sales numbers. So even if someone doesn't put food on their table with the products, I feel you can't give people too hard of a time for wanting the next big thing on day one.

Not that this is DJI's fault, but perhaps they should be inquiring with Amazon on why loyal customers' pre-orders have not been honored.
2023-5-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 5-12 08:27
Wow crazy to see people have no patience waiting a few days for their products  lol. Shipping takes time. Everyone just want their stuff asap. The drone only released on the 9th. I pre ordered mine and is still waiting. Im the meantime i am flying my mini 2. I get it if it takes months, but the mavic 3 pro only released 3 days ago. I preorder mine on may 1, and havent gotten it. So just wait a bit folks. It will come. Whats the rush???

i think it's all about expectations.  if you promise, the customer is expecting you to deliver on that promise.  otherwise, why don't merchants simply say "preorder from us and we'll deliver whenever if you don't mind waiting" and then let the buyer decide?  if you say preorder today and you'll get your product on the 10th than we expect the 10th or the 11th.  covid is over, time to get back to business and stop making excuses.  the preorder process shouldn't be a game where you gamble on who to go with trying to see if you can get your goods first.  apple set the tone.  otherwise, i agree with you....during the normal post-launch period after the product is already selling, place your order and it arrives...when it arrives.  at that point "why is my package stalled in salt lake city when i live in cleveland" is probably not called for.
2023-5-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Don't forget this simple scenario - Amazon takes 110 preorders, DJI ships 100 units. 101 through 110 have to wait for DJI to ship more units.
2023-5-12
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

My order is out for delivery today......
2023-5-13
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Milleker Posted at 5-12 08:39
You may or may not be in the same boat, but we make a living from photography and videography and the majority of our time is away from home. We had scheduled the day to receive it and a day to 'learn the ropes.' When your livelihood depends on a schedule, you have clients waiting, and/or you earn a living from the timeliness of posting related social media footage of the 'next big thing,' it gets hairy.

If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have even bought the 3 Pro, or at least wait until the bugs are ironed out.

If all the above is true, then by now you should have learned that this happens every time there is a new product released with more demand than supply...
2023-5-13
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

I will be ordering directly from the DJI store, is there a problem with something, is it going smoothly? My last order was a week ago, the RC Motion 2 arrived very quickly. I bought the other drones from our online stores.

2023-5-13
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

Amazon just delivered my Mavic 3 Pro, I had already excepted that the Mavic 3 pro will not be here in time for my trip to Hawaii tomorrow due to a shipping delay.  Last night to my surprised I had an email from Amazon saying that my order has shipped and will be deliver tomorrow (Saturday)........I am now getting her ready for Hawaii.
2023-5-13
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

MHM Posted at 5-13 14:39
Amazon just delivered my Mavic 3 Pro, I had already excepted that the Mavic 3 pro will not be here in time for my trip to Hawaii tomorrow due to a shipping delay.  Last night to my surprised I had an email from Amazon saying that my order has shipped and will be deliver tomorrow (Saturday)........I am now getting her ready for Hawaii.

Good flight !
2023-5-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MHM Posted at 5-13 14:39

that's really awesome; glad to hear it worked out for you!
2023-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules