1008 21 2023-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

So how is the new bag that comes with the Mavic 3 Pro?  It looks different then the one that came with the Original M3, and I am just wondering how it compares.  I am still waiting for the warehouse to fulfill my order.  :  )

2023-5-10
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

Compact but no zipper on the main opening translates it as a serious degrade over the the original M3's carry bag in my opinion. Best to use it for accessories only and not even mildly rugged to house such an expensive drone.
2023-5-11
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

I got my Fly More Kit combo today. I was expecting the bag to turn into a backpack. But it doesn't.
No big deal.
2023-5-11
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

dreamtuner Posted at 5-11 00:46
Compact but no zipper on the main opening translates it as a serious degrade over the the original M3's carry bag in my opinion. Best to use it for accessories only and not even mildly rugged to house such an expensive drone.

Thank you - and yes, I was kind of wondering about that protection level.  Appreciate the info shared.
2023-5-11
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

MS Posted at 5-11 01:23
I got my Fly More Kit combo today. I was expecting the bag to turn into a backpack. But it doesn't.
No big deal.

Well, that is a bummer.  Those backpack bags are awesome.  I have two and intend to keep them.  If I sell a Cine, it's going with a GPC case.  : )
2023-5-11
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

So that's where the money for the third camera came from... They skimped on the bag... DJI is getting really thrifty...
2023-5-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check below the difference between the bag for each set of packages. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead.

Mavic 3 Flymore Combo: Convertible Carrying Bag
Mavic 3 Fly More Kit: Shoulder Bag
Mavic 3 Pro combo: Shoulder Bag
2023-5-12
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 5-11 15:53
Well, that is a bummer.  Those backpack bags are awesome.  I have two and intend to keep them.  If I sell a Cine, it's going with a GPC case.  : )

Ditto! I'll have my Cine bag forever. It's highly underrated.
2023-5-12
Use props
Viridis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2383556 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad I kept my bag from my mavic 3 now
2023-5-12
Use props
Milleker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280495 ft
  • >>>
United States

dreamtuner Posted at 5-11 00:46
Compact but no zipper on the main opening translates it as a serious degrade over the the original M3's carry bag in my opinion. Best to use it for accessories only and not even mildly rugged to house such an expensive drone.

It feels rugged with the magnetic clasp, but I would like the little extra protection from drops and the elements that a zipper affords.
2023-5-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Milleker Posted at 5-12 12:51
It feels rugged with the magnetic clasp, but I would like the little extra protection from drops and the elements that a zipper affords.

That makes sense, especially since it is a heavy drone and the batteries make for some weight in the bag.  Agreed!!!!
2023-5-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i like the old convertible bag/backpack as well so i purchased one recently online; they are readily available from various places including amazon and ebay from $30 - $90 depending on condition.
2023-5-15
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Got my m3 pro Cine today. Bag is bunk.  Drone is nice.  : )
2023-5-15
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TonyPHX Posted at 5-15 18:56
Got my m3 pro Cine today. Bag is bunk.  Drone is nice.  : )

Still waiting on mine. What’s wrong with the bag.
2023-5-16
Use props
Vtcats
lvl.4
Flight distance : 199518 ft
United States

I like the M3  bag better than the M3 Pro bag. Mainly because the M3 Pro bag only has a what seems like a flimsy kind of buckle to keep closed. The M3 bag has a zipper as well as actual metal clips. Plus I actually like the bag being a little larger from the M3.  No biggie I guess as long as the drone and remote work, as I had to send my RC Pro back (which meant the that included the drone) first time around. But I have the replacement already and things seem well. I’ve only had a chance to fly two quick trips so far.
2023-5-16
Use props
flojo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have a little bit of mixed feelings about both bags. I liked the zipper and the compartments inside the Mavic 3 bag, but I did not like the convertible backpack option. It made the bag bigger and really heavy. It was a nice idea, but for my use case it was not a good one. For me a Mavic is a drone which can be taken anywhere. I travel and go hiking a lot, so I am very happy when the bag is as small and light as possible. That was not the case with the Mavic 3 convertable bag.

That was done way better with the Mavic 3 pro bag now, at least in my opinion. It is smaller, lighter and for me the uutside material feels more robust and maybe water repellant? And I also do not hate the magnetic closure, but I have to admit, a zipper gives more security. I know a brand which produces camera bags and they managed to put both options into a bag… that would be awesome in a drone bag.

What I do not like about the Mavic 3 Pro bag are the „walls“ from the compartments. Why is the wall, which separates the batteries from the controller, open on one side? And why do the batteries have no wall to separate from each other? They will get scratched if you put both of them without a self made wall inside the compartment.

And there is one thing I cannot understand at all and never will when a company does this:
Why does someone sew the belt directly to the bag? Why can’t I detach it? Just put a clipper there and everyone who wants to use just the bag can detach the belt.

But, I am not sad or angry And despite my last point/calim, they made a very good decision with something else: The power brick. Yes, finally the power cable is detachable and they don’t send you just one cable for let’s say Australia, no, you will get all of them for the world! I really like the 100w charger. I only have to carry  one power brick now when traveling around, because with the DJI one I even can use it to charge my MacBook Pro
2023-5-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 5-16 09:27
Still waiting on mine. What’s wrong with the bag.

It's just not worthy of the rest of the kit.  It's better than some of the other DJI bags over the years and has an interesting clasp.  But I will be relegating this bag to the closet or making it a give-away.  : ).   Miles less than the bag that came with the M3 Cine.
2023-5-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

flojo Posted at 5-16 11:04
I have a little bit of mixed feelings about both bags. I liked the zipper and the compartments inside the Mavic 3 bag, but I did not like the convertible backpack option. It made the bag bigger and really heavy. It was a nice idea, but for my use case it was not a good one. For me a Mavic is a drone which can be taken anywhere. I travel and go hiking a lot, so I am very happy when the bag is as small and light as possible. That was not the case with the Mavic 3 convertable bag.

That was done way better with the Mavic 3 pro bag now, at least in my opinion. It is smaller, lighter and for me the uutside material feels more robust and maybe water repellant? And I also do not hate the magnetic closure, but I have to admit, a zipper gives more security. I know a brand which produces camera bags and they managed to put both options into a bag… that would be awesome in a drone bag.

Yes, good point about the power cords for each country.  I was really surprised by this.  It seemed like a lot of cords.  : )
2023-5-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 5-16 09:27
Still waiting on mine. What’s wrong with the bag.

FYI, there is hope on the wait.  Mine shipped a full week earlier than originally promised.  
2023-5-16
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TonyPHX Posted at 5-16 20:47
It's just not worthy of the rest of the kit.  It's better than some of the other DJI bags over the years and has an interesting clasp.  But I will be relegating this bag to the closet or making it a give-away.  : ).   Miles less than the bag that came with the M3 Cine.

I have also kept my old M3 BAG just sold remote and craft will also keep 2 of the batteries and charger so will have 5 batteries .
Hoping the bag might be good enough to use for a stills camera and a couple of lenses if the quality is good it should be good.
Now all I need is the drone to arrive.
2023-5-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 5-17 07:58
I have also kept my old M3 BAG just sold remote and craft will also keep 2 of the batteries and charger so will have 5 batteries .
Hoping the bag might be good enough to use for a stills camera and a couple of lenses if the quality is good it should be good.
Now all I need is the drone to arrive.

Well, that is plenty of batteries to do some longer days with!  Nice!
2023-5-17
Use props
fansd009027c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691463 ft
  • >>>
Poland

IMHO the new bag is much better because it's a bag and does not pretend to be a backpack. It has some cons - like an incomplete wall between battery and controller compartments, but this is minor compared to the previous convertible bag.
First, it was missing a regular handle - you were forced to use a belt. Secondly, the additional volume and weight of the backpack conversion made it so big and clunky, that I was using a LowePro DroneGuard backpack, which had a slightly bigger footprint but could pack much more things (and was way more comfortable in regular use).
Metal latches used to close the bag were so good - mine didn't have this clicky feedback on closing - you had to check twice if they were actually correctly latched. Also, the straps were too short, if you were wearing a winter jacket, there was a high chance, that you were not able to put it on.
2023-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules