DJI MINI 3 PRO CHARGING HUBS NOT WORKING
924 8 2023-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
985CJS
lvl.1
United States

Having issues with two separate charging hubs. Both have the same issue. Not showing any green lights when batteries are plugged in. Power button doesn’t show any green bars.

I’m using a 25w charging block to plug in the hub. It works just fine when plugged into the drone however the hub seems to be unresponsive. I’m not leaving it on overnight or for hours on end. I’ve bought two of these drone systems in the past couple weeks and both are having the same issues with the charging hubs. They both worked at first but then seemed to stop working after the first 24 hours.

The first video starts with the DJI charging hub with no batteries in it showing that it is authentic. Then I  load three batteries that have an active charge into the hub. The hub does not respond whatsoever with any lights showing the current status of any battery or any active charging. I then take out individual batteries and trying the power button to see if that would affect it.

The rest of the video show me loading each battery into the drone with the same usb c power cord. Each battery is full, however the fully loaded batteries should be showing active lights when plugged in and the power button pressed.

The second video shows a brand new charging hub I received 24 hours earlier and is now doing the same malfunction. Active battles not showing any green lights in the second charging hub.

It then shows two batteries that have a very low charge. They both show they can charge in the drone just fine with the same usb c charging cable from before. I then plug the two low batteries into the second hub to show that it had no green lights showing when plugged in or not.

Some other things I’ve tried and still no luck :
- use the hub as power source to see if that awakens the hub
- press the power button longer (over 15s) while
there are batteries installed
-use a non-PD charger
-connect both a charger and something that uses
power from the hub and see if that latter gets power routed through it.
2023-5-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I suspect its that cable even though it works with the drone, try the cable that came with the setup as some aftermarket cables are only  low power
2023-5-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Is this the first time you charge these batteries? Kindly please try to use a different USB-Charging Cable and see if the issue persists? Please note that the charging hub will charge batteries one by one. If the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the charging hub in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is the hub meant to indicate the level of charge when a battery is inserted into the hub or removed from from it? If so I didn't notice either hub doing that, am I mistaken?
2023-5-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-12 01:48
Is the hub meant to indicate the level of charge when a battery is inserted into the hub or removed from from it? If so I didn't notice either hub doing that, am I mistaken?

Yeah, i think they do, at the very least, they will when you press the button. I have a feeling he may have fried them both with a dodgy charger or cable, tough call...
2023-5-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-12 06:50
Yeah, i think they do, at the very least, they will when you press the button. I have a feeling he may have fried them both with a dodgy charger or cable, tough call...

I could imagine a/the problem arising with one charger but think the chances of the same problem arising with two chargers used by the same person are slim, unless it stems from the procedure being followed or the equipment used.
Therefore I would be inclined to agree that the problem stems from something 985CJS is doing or someone has done to both e.g. using a bad cable. Whether or not the chargers have been fried remains to be seen.
2023-5-12
Use props
Frank071
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128586 ft
Netherlands

Confusingly there are now two threads for this issue... In the other topics the OP states that 'everything worked fine' when he disconnected the hub and it was unresponsive afterwards. If the hub is fried, then I would expect this to happen while charging, so it could not have been working fine when the cable was removed. Also bear in mind that he is using the same charger for the hubs and the aircraft and the latter is apparently not being fried.

@OP - although very unlikely that you would bust all six connectors... could you inspect the inside of the charging hub battery compartments? And especially the connector that slides in the battery. Try to feel with you finger (it is hard to see) if all copper pins are there and upright. Also check for corrosion on the pins or if something is short-circuiting.
2023-5-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-12 07:10
I could imagine a/the problem arising with one charger but think the chances of the same problem arising with two chargers used by the same person are slim, unless it stems from the procedure being followed or the equipment used.
Therefore I would be inclined to agree that the problem stems from something 985CJS is doing or someone has done to both e.g. using a bad cable. Whether or not the chargers have been fried remains to be seen.

He tested with 2 chargers, thats not to say that he charged the 2 hubs with 2 separate chargers in the beginning. The 2nd charger may have come about when testing after they didn't work.
2023-5-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Frank071 Posted at 5-12 08:00
Confusingly there are now two threads for this issue... In the other topics the OP states that 'everything worked fine' when he disconnected the hub and it was unresponsive afterwards. If the hub is fried, then I would expect this to happen while charging, so it could not have been working fine when the cable was removed. Also bear in mind that he is using the same charger for the hubs and the aircraft and the latter is apparently not being fried.

@OP - although very unlikely that you would bust all six connectors... could you inspect the inside of the charging hub battery compartments? And especially the connector that slides in the battery. Try to feel with you finger (it is hard to see) if all copper pins are there and upright. Also check for corrosion on the pins or if something is short-circuiting.

This is true, there is the possibility though that the OP only thought they saw all lights lit after charging was complete, perhaps all lights were out and the op noticed this and the brain assumed that that meant it was finished. The brain works in weird ways.

Im not sure we can rule anything out, to me though, its the fact that charging the drone is working fine, thats the money shot right there, so no longer working on both hubs only tells me one thing.

Its difficult when its not right in front of us to do our own testing...
2023-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules