Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-7 21:08
That's clever. Is your home built of kavorite ???

(I figure that you really mean AMSL and we ...

LOL
yup brain glitch  the land my house sits on in our valley is at 1330 feet msl (Mean sea level) and is surrounded by 4K to 5K mountain ranges

I hope DJI can make the Inspire firmware better and fix the big stuff. I do not have a holding issue with mine, but have not flown in winds above 20mph. you can see my AutoFight 2.0 beta test post

check the wind in the video

Rich
2016-2-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-8 17:47
4k mountains? It must be my monitor, but they look like 1080p mountains to me...

I saw the slig ...

You are a funny guy!

If you look at the other trees when I was climbing out ... they must have been rigged with fishing line too

I think there is hope for Wilber and I flew the P3P in some wind the other day, it was not steady. So I recalibrated the IMU and compass and this thing is perfect now!! Really happy with the way it is flying and with the latest firmware. I did notice the IMU warm up is longer than before (even in 65*F) weather

No problem  I will look for it

Rich
2016-2-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-9 12:32
I've done at least three compass calibrations since the FW1.3 install and at least two IMU calibra ...

After a firmware update, I do an IMU, compass, and gimbal calibration. All the aircraft I fly will hover well within the specs listed.
2016-2-8
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Ken it is broken and needs to be fixed. This has been covered time and time again.
DJI needs to stop with the denials and actually fix what was done in V1.3
Your firmware team have taken an otherwise sweetly flying platform and turned it into an unreliable pig that cannot track a straight line in any weather conditions.
Prior to V1.3 it tracked straight lines and held altitude perfectly.

This has NOTHING, repeat NOTHING to do with IMU, Compass and gimbal calibrations, it is purely an issue with the changes made to the FC/ESC firmware in V1.3
Please read this and listen, our concerns are real and people have crashed due to this.
2016-2-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-2-9 13:33
Ken it is broken and needs to be fixed. This has been covered time and time again.
DJI needs to stop ...

I don't know where you are located, but if your in the US what is your ticket and I will look into it. With your aircraft basically unflyable I'm sure you've already sent it in for repair right?
I'm sorry you had an issue, I've flown over 50 different Phantoms and Inspires and every single one flies in a straight line.
Again, what is your ticket number and I will look into it.
2016-2-8
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-9 16:49
I don't know where you are located, but if your in the US what is your ticket and I will look into ...

No, I'm not in the U.S.

The Inspire is fly able, it however loses altitude in turns/orbits and does not have any ability to fly a straight course. (Veers to a port or starboard tangent)This requires me to apply significant amounts of correction as it travels to maintain the intended course.
All I want is for my Inspire to fly just as it did before V1.3

2016-2-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-2-9 15:46
No, I'm not in the U.S.

The Inspire is fly able, it however loses altitude in turns/orbits and doe ...

I'm sorry it's not flying the way you want it to. What is your email and I will have someone contact you and you can send it in for repair to look at.
2016-2-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-9 15:11
Ken, if I were to provide you with the flight logs for one of my flights, are you equipped to be a ...

I do not have the software program to read that but the repair shop does. What ever happened to when I had someone contact you, did you get a resolution ?
2016-2-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-10 00:44
It took 3 or 4 days to package up the aircraft logs and get them to a place from where they could b ...

Man, you need a vacation on a tropical island
2016-2-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-10 03:52
Ohhhhh don't I just !!!!!

I've managed to fire up my NLE and checked the log playback video  ...

I've purchased app before and after trying them for few minutes didn't like them and got my money back.
Yes, one day we'll have a big meet on a nice island. I used to live in St. Thomas USVI, that's a great place
2016-2-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-10 04:55
How did you get your money back? Did you contact the "seller"? In this instance the "seller" appea ...

I don't remember, maybe just complained to my bank or something. it was long ago.
2016-2-9
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-9 23:04
I'm sorry it's not flying the way you want it to. What is your email and I will have someone conta ...

The Inspire hardware isn't broken Ken - the firmware is.
No point in sending it in.
2016-2-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-2-10 06:35
The Inspire hardware isn't broken Ken - the firmware is.
No point in sending it in.

For you to have to "apply significant amounts of correction" to make it fly straight I don't know why you wouldn't want to sent it in for repair.
I'm sorry you are experiencing that, but if it's as bad as you say it is then you really need to send it in.
2016-2-9
Use props
aknauer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 793041 ft
New Zealand

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-10 12:06
For you to have to "apply significant amounts of correction" to make it fly straight I don't know  ...

Why do you keep stalling Ken?

It's all across the forum that it became an issue after the 1.3 FW Degrade.

Nobody here wants to sent in the hardware when it clearly is a software/firmware issue.

I really don't understand this attitude!!!
2016-2-9
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Australia

They don't listen or are instructed by their superiors to deny and obfuscate.
I don't have any beef with Ken, just want DJI to acknowledge that they have created a serious flight performance issue and come up with a fix.

It appears that the next firmware version V1.7 will be a mandatory one (to apply the geofence) so here's hoping that someone has listened and we may see some improvement.
I won't hold my breath however.
2016-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules