lvl.2
Flight distance : 21089 ft
New Zealand

Hi

Please help.

I use the following :
Goggles 2  : V1.06.00.00
Caddx Vista Micro :  V01.01.0000

Everything works fine exept that I cannot get the DJI Goggles 2 to actually record any video coming from the air unit.
I even tried formatting the SD card on the DJI goggles but that does not work either.   (Please note that also own a DJI Avata and videos from that is recorded on the same Goggles 2 and SD card.   So I do not think there is anything wrong with Goggles or the SD card.

When I go to Settings -> Camera -> Record With   then the only option is "Goggles", but even that option is greyed out, so I am not sure if its active or not.

And on the main view under the camera icon I can see many hours of recording space available.   But no recording is started after I arm.

2023-5-12
Use props
djiuser_oxGsWbPgguEK
lvl.2
New Zealand

If this will help.... there is a file called "dji_finfo.db" on the SD card.    I tried to attach it here, but this forum does not allow that file format.

Anyway I opened the file in a text editor and the only bit of text I could descern in there reads as follows:

Utable_video_info_tablevideo_info_table CREATE TABLE video_info_table   (ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, duration INT, frame_num INT,    frame_den INT, rotation INT, resolution_width INT,    resolution_height INT, slowmotion_rate INT, encode_format INT,    nail_offset INT, nail_length INT, shutter_reciprocal INT,    shutter_integer INT, shutter_decimal INT, ei_value INT,    wb_count INT, wb_tint INT, shutter_angle INT, nd_value INT,    aperture INT, ev_bias INT, shutter_type INT, project_frame INT,    tc_start INT, tc_end INT)Q--‚Utableimage_info_tableimage_info_tableCREATE TABLE image_info_table    (ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, thm_offset INT, thm_size INT,    scr_offset INT, scr_size INT, xmp_offset INT, xmp_size INT,    exif BLOB)‚))ƒitablegis_info_tablegis_info_tableCREATE TABLE gis_info_table   (ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, dcf_index INT, camera_type INT,    file_name TEXT, uuid INT, file_type INT, sub_type INT,    result INT, star INT, origin INT, cloud_download INT, video_index INT,    image_index INT)d##tablemtime_tablemtime_tableCREATE TABLE mtime_table   (dcf_index INT PRIMARY KEY, mtime INT)5I# indexsqlite_autoindex_mtime_table_1mtime_table       M''[tableversion_tableversion_tableCREATE TABLE version_table(version INT)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

2023-5-12
Use props
djiuser_oxGsWbPgguEK
lvl.2
New Zealand

Is there anybody else using these same firmware version and hardware that can actually record videos on the Goggles 2?
Do I need to revert the firmware version on my Goggles 2 to an earlier version to overcome the problem?

Maybe its important as well.... I do not use the DJI controller. I have an ExpressLrs receiver in the quad and use my regular FPV radio. Could it perhaps be that because I am not using the DJI controller that the Goggles does not know when the quad it armed or not?   If yes, does that mean we HAVE to use the DJI controller if we want video recording to work?UPDATE : Actually this is NOT the case.   I just switched to the DJI Controller instead of ELRS reveiver and still no video recording starts when I arm the quad.

2023-5-12
Use props
djiuser_oxGsWbPgguEK
lvl.2
New Zealand

This is quite a frustrating problem for me.   I was now able to go back to earlier versions of the Goggles 2  (1.05 and then 1.04) but still no DVR recording in the Goggles/    Is this a known issue with the Goggles 2 or is it only me that experience this?     
2023-5-13
Use props
djiuser_oxGsWbPgguEK
lvl.2
New Zealand

Ok apologies DJI.   I solved my problem and feel a bit silly that I did not figure this out earlier.  Found the record button on the top down slider menu and now I can record.   I was kind of expecting recording would start by itself like on my Avata but now I know that I have to manually start it.   Love the video quality and range.
2023-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules