2060 13 2023-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Illuminations
Captain
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

All settings the same. Shot with automatic exposure, 4K 30fps, H.264, normal color profile.

I used digital zoom on the original Mavic 3 to roughly match the length off the medium telephoto lens on the Mavic 3 Pro. Obviously, the dedicated camera and lens on the Mavic 3 Pro is way better than digital zoom on the original Mavic 3, but what I found interesting was how the super telephoto lens on the Mavic 3 Pro seems to deliver slightly higher quality footage than the original Mavic 3. With the wide angle camera I think image quality performance is practically identical.

2023-5-14
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4031483 ft
United States

Thanks for the first attempt. I think this is more of a "video quality test", rather than a "image quality test".

As a photographer, I am more interested to see the image quality differences for 7X telephoto cameras, between Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Pro. Is it possible to shot a series of comparable images in RAW (.DNG file) and upload them to a cloud share website (e.g., Google Drive / DropBox)?
2023-5-14
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

jerryway Posted at 5-14 15:20
Thanks for the first attempt. I think this is more of a "video quality test", rather than a "image quality test".

As a photographer, I am more interested to see the image quality differences for 7X telephoto cameras, between Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Pro. Is it possible to shot a series of comparable images in RAW (.DNG file) and upload them to a cloud share website (e.g., Google Drive / DropBox)?

To me, "image quality" can refer to either photo or video. It would be a good idea however, to follow this up with a video focused on the 7X lenses. I'd like to do a combined photo/video test with a variety of different shots of different subjects in different conditions.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to post original DNG files, since my internet bandwidth is extremely limited. Most of my available time to upload is taken up by uploading videos, which frequently take multiple days to complete.
2023-5-14
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

You are underexposed.
2023-5-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice comparison test.  
2023-5-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Nice, Exactly what I have been looking for.
2023-5-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Other than the camera, would you recommend anyone that has the original Mavic 3 to upgrade to the Pro for any other extra features that the Pro has over the original?
2023-5-15
Use props
Mastoras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558517 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Mavic 3, and i don't see the urgency to have to go out and get this Pro for an extra lens that, honestly will never be used as much as the beautiful main camera. Plus still got the 7x super tele that can take some nice shots in the right setup and all, so is all good. And looking at ebay selling lately on Mavic 3s, your gonna be losing hundreds to make the switch now anyways.
2023-5-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice comparison!
(I always under expose)
2023-5-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-15 01:41
You are underexposed.

Me too
That's how I like it
2023-5-16
Use props
Liane
lvl.1

Netherlands

jerryway Posted at 5-14 15:20

Hi !
I’m also very curious to take a look at those RAW-files. Trying to make a good decision wich drone to buy as a photographer… Would love to compare them!
Liane
2023-7-14
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Liane Posted at 7-14 13:36
Hi !
I’m also very curious to take a look at those RAW-files. Trying to make a good decision wich drone to buy as a photographer… Would love to compare them!
Liane

Considering that the Mavic 3 is no longer available, you don't have much of a choice here... Some DJI retailer may still have it for sale... Here in Australia the Mavic 3 Cine is still available, but that's pretty much it...
2023-7-14
Use props
djiuser_h24GwhGpRk8S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 51486 ft
Greece

Very creative
2023-7-16
Use props
Mark MaoGowan
lvl.2

Australia

Pretty useless if we cannot see what the raw images from the 3x and 7x cameras actually do.....I'm very skeptical about 12mp images anyway! Why no 20mp raw stills from these lenses?? DEAL BREAKER!!!
2023-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules