Phantom 3 Cable Cam, Orbit, Follow me,...
3381 18 2015-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
playaz
lvl.1

Slovenia

I was quite surprised to see that current Phantom 3 still doesn't have this while their main rival 3DR Solo already has this built in. Has DJI ever confirmed when EXACTLY will they be adding these to their app?

2015-8-25
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some new features will be coming in the next firmware update. Per the usual, DJI did not mention a release date. You can see a few of those features (POI and way points) being used in the following video:

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-25
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Well, the guys at 3DR are *finally* getting their long-ago-ordered gimbals - on which they get to mount their GoPro cameras. However, it looks like 3DR is a bit busy at the moment, trying to handle returns and refunds.

Frankly, I was initially quite pumped up about the Solo. Now I'm not sure you could give me one.

Be patient - the promised features for the Phantom 3 are apparently still on track. There are some beta testers out there already utilizing some of these functions. It won't be long now.
2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

here we go again:
for god sake, they said six months from date of release. what do u think you are going to do with those features? that u cant manually. r u in sports? r u going to want it to follow you as you are doing whatever, in that case get ready to strap the rc and device to your body somewhere as it needs a gps enabled device connected to your rc!!
SORRY WRONG THREAD
2015-8-25
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

I'd rather wait a year than get a rushed half baked new feature that would be a nightmare.
2015-8-25
Use props
Joe Blow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 417149 ft

Colombia

I believe DJI will continue to develop advance products just like Apple.  I don't even remember the first iPhone and before long won't be able to remember the Phantom 3.  Was there a Phantom 1?  DJI has a zillion dollars to invest in new and advanced drones.  I don't think anyone else has the funds or ability to compete with DJI.  Go Pro has a few bucks and is working on their first drone.
2015-8-25
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-26 05:38
I'd rather wait a year than get a rushed half baked new feature that would be a nightmare.

What the heck?  I was finally getting use to your plate.
2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

btw, what good is that feature when u dontbhave a gimble or the gps has issues?
2015-8-25
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-26 04:53
here we go again:
for god sake, they said six months from date of release. what do u think you are  ...

Geez, rayrokni, you should be in a good mood - didn't you just post a "Top of the Trees" video?  The guy was just asking a question, and it wasn't even snarky or anything.  : )

Actually, there are plenty of legit reasons to want those features - especially around mapping.  The OP isn't from the US, so he can actually start a real business with his P3.

Well, enough ... back to making fun of peop ... ah, responding to posts.

2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-8-26 07:51
Geez, rayrokni, you should be in a good mood - didn't you just post a "Top of the Trees" video?  T ...

maybe u r right, but thread after thread on that subject together with the fact that they are all negative and mostly just ragging on DJI for something that has been promised to come out 6months from release date, just struck a nerve. now i have someone telling me that my heading for a post is unfair!!!! oh my where do they come from?
go look at my thread on kid being chased by p3!!!
let me know if i am being too hard.

nice talking to you
2015-8-25
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-26 07:55
maybe u r right, but thread after thread on that subject together with the fact that they are all  ...

I'm actually trying my hardest to ignore that kid chaser post.  I've been reading way too many "Crazy Paranoid Man Sets Fire to Rescue Worker's Drone" stories recently.  I can't take any more.  LOL

2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-8-26 08:02
I'm actually trying my hardest to ignore that kid chaser post.  I've been reading way too many "Cr ...

all it is is video of my kid on his new dirt bike while i chase after him, thats all!
2015-8-25
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-26 08:03
all it is is video of my kid on his new dirt bike while i chase after him, thats all!

Silly Rabbit, why didn't you say so ...
2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-8-26 08:43
Silly Rabbit, why didn't you say so ...

so my 11 year old kid would get really excited that so many peoplw would be interested to watch him on his first dirt bike!!!
but i suppose being a liberal he doesnt get the reasoning and as all liberals is offended by everything that does not meet with his ideology.

somethings just rub me the wrong way!! i am sorry, normally i dont jump down somebody's throat for no reason.

any ways , happy flying
2015-8-25
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-26 08:47
so my 11 year old kid would get really excited that so many peoplw would be interested to watch hi ...

That video did make me laugh.  I could feel his excitement oozing from every one of his pores.  I could just see him yelling, "Did you get a shot of me doing this and that and that over there?  Did you?"

I also laughed at another part - not so easy following a real moving target, huh?  You were all over the place - but you also had a few cool moves, too.  

Most importantly - a great bonding moment between father and son.  Glad you got it on video.  Now you need the "naked, singing in the shower" video to show at his wedding!!
2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-8-26 09:42
That video did make me laugh.  I could feel his excitement oozing from every one of his pores.  I c ...

yea it was a very nice day, now wait til i give him the p3 i am getting ready for him, all blacked out. if u think u could feel his excitement on the bike wait til i video him and his p3.
he will probably be one of the ones who will ask " whens the follow me " coming out? sorry i couldnt resist the jab.
2015-8-25
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-8-26 07:43
What the heck?  I was finally getting use to your plate.

I am sorry my doughter was playing with the plate and she dropped it and it broke so I had to replace it.
2015-8-25
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-26 10:10
I am sorry my doughter was playing with the plate and she dropped it and it broke so I had to repl ...

Well, this new one sphinx ... : )
2015-8-25
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-8-26 10:34
Well, this new one sphinx ... : )

i am gonna take good care of this mummy and hope it does not get stolen LOL
2015-8-25
Use props
Advanced