DJI RC (Touch Screen) SLIDE BAR(s)
796 9 2023-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GMAN007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93579 ft
United States

On the set-up screen (SAFETY Menu TAB) on the DJI RC, you are able to adjust the (min-max altitude), (distance) and (RTH max altitude) using the touch-screen slide bar.  I wanted to set the MAX altitude to "exactly" 400 FT.  Unfortunately the display was jumping between 385 FT to 410 FT as I attempted to swipe (left or right) to the desired value. Very frustrating !
I thought about using a "capacititive" stylus pen on the touch screen (I know -- overkill)  to improve the control (incremental / decremental adjustments).  i wish DJI would consider using (in addition) +/- toggle, scrolling dial preset values or keypad option to enter exact numerical flight setting parameters.  Blame it on my fat fingers I guess (LOL).

Any suggestions ? Thanks -

2023-5-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Adding a +/- toggle would be great.
2023-5-15
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Forget exact settings here. It is useless to try. And since that number is based on takeoff point. it is also incorrect unless you are flying over perfectly flat ground. I wouldn't worry about it.
2023-5-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, GMAN007. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-15 21:17
Hi, GMAN007. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi Gamora,

What is the DJI normal decision time, yes or no,  for good suggestions like this ?
As this has been asked for few years now.....

cheers
JJB
2023-5-15
Use props
GMAN007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93579 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-15 21:17

Thank you for the kind reply...and taking the time to understand the original "context" of my post.  DJI's GUI (Graphical User Interface) gets better each year -- with simple intuitive layout(s), less "command" (display screen) touch point(s) and easy reading integrated functional instruction(s).  Hopefully the software team at DJI will continue to make improvements :-)
2023-5-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

GMAN007 Posted at 5-16 02:47
Thank you for the kind reply...and taking the time to understand the original "context" of my post.  DJI's GUI (Graphical User Interface) gets better each year -- with simple intuitive layout(s), less "command" (display screen) touch point(s) and easy reading integrated functional instruction(s).  Hopefully the software team at DJI will continue to make improvements :-)

Hi, GMAN007. We understand how convenient it will be to have the +/- toggle scrolling dial preset values or keypad option to input your desired number. Rest assured that it has been forwarded for evaluation.
2023-5-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 5-15 23:23
Hi Gamora,

What is the DJI normal decision time, yes or no,  for good suggestions like this ?

Hi, JJB*. Regretfully, we don't have any information about the decision time and results. We can only forward to them all the suggestions we came across for them to evaluate. And if the feature will be added to the app, there will be an update for the app. You may keep an eye on the future update and always keep the app updated. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-5-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-17 23:53
Hi, JJB*. Regretfully, we don't have any information about the decision time and results. We can only forward to them all the suggestions we came across for them to evaluate. And if the feature will be added to the app, there will be an update for the app. You may keep an eye on the future update and always keep the app updated. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Hi Gamora,

I understand what you are saying. But would it not be fair to your customers to be more open about this ?
As you write "Regretfully"...what is your action to change this ?  or is Regretfully just for...try to make a good "feeling" to the customers ?

If suggestions are asked for many years it is so obvious thay DJI had made an assement to Yes or No implement this suggestion in a future update.So it is time to close this circle : suggestion > moderator action > dji software engineers > moderator > honest answer to your customers.

Better than say each time 'I will forward this etc etc..." for many years on the same subject.

cheers
JJB

2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 5-18 00:01
Hi Gamora,

I understand what you are saying. But would it not be fair to your customers to be more open about this ?

I understand your point, JJB*. Customers' feedback is important to us, as a bridge between the customers and the R&D department, we will forward the customer's feedback to the corresponding teams. When it comes to new feature requirements, our engineers will have to consider many aspects, such as hardware compatibility, and the quantity of the demand.

Even though one feature is not supported, as long as we have not received certain information that a feature can not be added due to hardware limitations, we will still forward them to the engineers to let them know about the voice of the customers. Customers' feedback matters, and we don't want to miss any oppotunity of passing a voice.
2023-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules