Phantom 3 STANDART firmware
2048 16 2015-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yotams4
New

Israel

Hi, Just unboxed my Phantom 3 STANDRAT and it wont let me fly it becuase im suppose to upgrade its firmware, when i try to download via the DJI app i ge this error:
Looked in the P3STANDART page and cant fint any firmware upgrade only on the Adv and Pro models

Help?
Screenshot_2015-08-25-21-58-18.png
2015-8-25
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

No firmware updates have been released for the P3S yet.

Double-check that your mobile device has an Internet connection. If it does, then try restarting it.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-25
Use props
yotams4
New

Israel

That's weird, Yes my mobile does have full bars and ive tried restarting the drone a couple of times but ill try restarting my phone
2015-8-25
Use props
yotams4
New

Israel

Hi, Re-Starting my phone worked! Thanks for the quick reply off the try my new drone
2015-8-25
Use props
yotams4
New

Israel

UPDATE : only worked for a few seconds, by the time i took it outside the message came up again so i dont know what to do since you said it dosent have a firmware update
2015-8-25
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105318 ft

United Kingdom

Did you have the phantom on when you did the update and the remote.   Takes a while to update the app and the drone will make a lot of noise.   I have a standard as well and it took a while for the update to complete. Also make sure you are connected to the phantom wifi and enter the password
2015-8-25
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Are you on iOS or android?   I am on iOS which I understand from some posts is more stable
2015-8-25
Use props
yotams4
New

Israel

Im on android
Stan1970 what do you mean by "update and the remote"
thanks
2015-8-25
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3

United Kingdom

So have the phantom, remote (controller) both on
2015-8-25
Use props
yotams4
New

Israel

Yes they are both on and im connected to the phantom and can also see in camera, but it wont let me fly because of this firmware thing, im really  frustrated
2015-8-25
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3

United Kingdom

and did you do that when you went to update the firmware? - I am trying to remember how I did mine - it was a lot easier than i expected as you didnt have to update the firmware on the sd card - basically I installed the app before delivery, on the day of delivery there was an update to the app - I did that though my home wifi - I then connected to the phantom with both the drone on and the controller both turned on - it then said updating firmware and took about 20/30 mins - the drone made lots of beeps and noises and I wasnt sure it was working but it did.  Some guys suggested that I had to update the sd card on the drone but as has been said already there is no firmware update for the standard yet - and so there shouldnt its only been out a few weeks
2015-8-25
Use props
yotams4
New

Israel

How did you download the update if the phone is connected to the phantom wifi and cant access the internet?
2015-8-25
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I downloaded the update first onto my phone through home wifi and then connected to the phantom wifi
2015-8-25
Use props
yotams4
New

Israel

Ill try that thank you
2015-8-25
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I just powered mine up just in case there was another update - but nothing - that said I am on IOS
2015-8-25
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yotams4 Posted at 2015-8-26 03:29
UPDATE : only worked for a few seconds, by the time i took it outside the message came up again so i ...

You can ignore this message here.. If there is an update it will say so AFTER you have clicked "Enter Camera View".. 1.0.20 is the latest firmware for the P3S ( you can check in the about section of the App ).

Ignore the version shown here its my P3S, yours should sat 1.0.20
35-General-Settings-About.jpg
2015-8-25
Use props
yotams4
New

Israel

Thanks guys, just flew it for the very first time .... hands are a little sweaty but went well!! cant wait to fly it on day light
2015-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules