4833 14 2023-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Leebroath
lvl.4
Flight distance : 102923 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the iPhone 14 Pro Max but have just ordered the Osmo Action 3 Adventure pack

Would anyone say that having an iPhone 14 Pro Max, there would be no need to have the Action 3?

Or has anyone got both, and found the devices are shine in different areas?

I'm also not sure if the sensor in the Action 3 is any better than the iPhone.  

Thanks
Lee
2023-5-23
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

YouTube is literally full of iPhone 14 Pro Max vs DJI Action 3 videos.
2023-5-23
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry. Double post.
2023-5-23
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That’s a difficult one! I’ve seen some really good footage from IPhones. (And the new Samsung) The compact nature of having a phone and a camera in one package is really useful. I suspect that the IPhone might look better for vlog type stuff but the Action 3 more for throwing around. (Although I sometimes use the Action 3 for general ‘pocket camera’ type shooting)

With the last update, the Action looks sharper; in some cases a little 'over sharp' for me but it does have really good colour and I like the way that it is easier to use in a manual mode in order to get more natural looking footage than some other options. Not sure how manual options work on the iPhone but as I said, I have seen some terrific footage from it.

I don't think that there is an easy answer to this one!
2023-5-23
Use props
Leebroath
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Iancraig10 Posted at 5-23 07:14
That’s a difficult one! I’ve seen some really good footage from IPhones. (And the new Samsung) The compact nature of having a phone and a camera in one package is really useful. I suspect that the IPhone might look better for vlog type stuff but the Action 3 more for throwing around. (Although I sometimes use the Action 3 for general ‘pocket camera’ type shooting)

Thank you

Yes I'm still in two minds, also means I'm not using the battery for videos on iPhone

I also have the Mavic 3 Classic, and was going to combine footage from both to make some great TikTok vidoes
2023-5-23
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Would you risk your iphone in most cases? OA3 is cheap and would be better durability compared to any phone.

2023-5-23
Use props
Leebroath
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 5-23 10:57
Would you risk your iphone in most cases? OA3 is cheap and would be better durability compared to any phone.

Yes very true, good point
2023-5-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

can you film and talk at teh same time meaning take a call?
2023-5-23
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

Fishycomics Posted at 5-23 11:31
can you film and talk at teh same time meaning take a call?

with Android it is possible
2023-5-24
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

lutzmix Posted at 5-24 22:01
with Android it is possible

then get a smartphone that answers the question
2023-5-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Lee. Thank you for reaching out. It's difficult to say which one has better sensors since both devices use different sensor technologies. However, here are some general differences to consider:

The Osmo Action 3 is primarily a camera designed for action and sports, with a 1/1.7-inch CMOS sensor that can shoot 4K video at up to 60 frames per second. It also has a wide-angle lens with a field of view of up to 145 degrees.

The iPhone 14 Pro Max, on the other hand, uses a larger 1.9µm pixel size and features a larger sensor compared to previous iPhones, allowing for better low-light performance and higher dynamic range. It also has a triple-camera system, including an ultra-wide, wide, and telephoto lens.

In general, if you're looking for a specialized camera for action and sports, the Osmo Action 3 may be a better choice. However, if you're looking for an all-around device with excellent camera capabilities, the iPhone 14 Pro Max may be a better fit. Ultimately, it depends on your specific needs and preferences.
2023-5-25
Use props
Leebroath
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you DJI Gamora

2023-5-25
Use props
Helmut Ruch
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-25 04:02
Hi, Lee. Thank you for reaching out. It's difficult to say which one has better sensors since both devices use different sensor technologies. However, here are some general differences to consider:

The Osmo Action 3 is primarily a camera designed for action and sports, with a 1/1.7-inch CMOS sensor that can shoot 4K video at up to 60 frames per second. It also has a wide-angle lens with a field of view of up to 145 degrees.

The Osmo Action 3 is primarily a camera designed for action and sports, with a 1/2.3-inch CMOS sensor...

Sensor  1/1,7″ CMOS
https://www.dji.com/de/osmo-action-3/specs
2023-5-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Leebroath Posted at 5-25 06:04
Thank you DJI Gamora

You're most welcome, Leebroath. Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach us again here at DJI Forum. Have a good one!
2023-5-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Helmut Ruch Posted at 5-25 06:05
The Osmo Action 3 is primarily a camera designed for action and sports, with a 1/2.3-inch CMOS sensor...

Sensor  1/1,7″ CMOS

Thank you for the correction, Helmut Ruch.
2023-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules