Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Hi everyone!

I want your help if possible.
For those who already have the Avata with the integra googles, I need to know, for someone like me using glasses, if I will be able to read up close the menu.
I was thinking to buy the Avata with the googles V2 instead of the integra, but this last one is cheaper and because I'm also about to buy the Mavic 3 Pro, I need to save some money...

Can you help me?
Is there anyone with the same problem? Someone that already have experience in this matter?

Thank You
2023-5-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, SnowSkier Pilot. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, we won't be able to answer your question directly as it depends on your actual eyesight. But the Integra Goggles are equipped with a pair of eyeglass frames and come with 10 pairs of vision corrective lenses (from -8.0 diopter to +2.0 diopter, without astigmatism correction) and one pair of plain lenses (0 diopter). You can also install suitable lenses according to your actual eyesight. To install the lenses, you may visit this link (Start at Page 9): Manual
2023-5-23
Use props
fans9bdfb4fe
lvl.3
Germany

A simple dioptric correction is basically no problem and can be adjusted by the glasses in a range from -8.0 to +2.0. However, it becomes problematic with astigmatism, because the glasses cannot compensate this. I have astigmatism on the left eye and the menu is always blurry on the sides.

With today's knowledge, I would definitely decide against the Goggle 2 and buy an Integra. For this, I would then have an optician make customized lenses which I think is a much better solution.

2023-5-23
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Unfortunately horrible, to be honest...
Goggles V2 are so easy to wear with your own lenses...
Well, unfortunately there is no good solution...   
2023-5-24
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Goggles 2 are very uncomfortable out of the box. Hard on the nose bridge area for average faces. If you have a large nose it gets even worse / more painful / hard to see.  Glasses within would be the best solution, but not possible. I do think you can get perscription lenses for around $50 depending.
2023-5-24
Use props
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

frankymusik Posted at 5-24 07:01
Unfortunately horrible, to be honest...
Goggles V2 are so easy to wear with your own lenses...
Well, unfortunately there is no good solution...

Hi there!

Yes, I know that for information on the net.
But those are useless with the Avata, right? Or can I use them?

Thanks
2023-5-24
Use props
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Well, I still don't know what to do...

I've read a lot of problems with the Avata...

Thanks everyone for your replies
2023-5-24
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 877999 ft
Germany

SnowSkier Pilot Posted at 5-24 11:59

Just Read the last threads you see in the Forum and decide by yourself... if you just want to explore with motion controller it should be fine but don't would trust in any way with manual or speedy flights, there's even a thread where someone crashed with the Motion 2.

If you want more info just send a PN.
2023-5-24
Use props
fans9bdfb4fe
lvl.3
Germany

SnowSkier Pilot Posted at 5-24 11:59

Now we are talking!

The Goggles 2 don't fit best but the real problem is the Avata itself. Yaw-Tumble, uncontrollable rescue maneuvers and even bitrate issues are reported.
I regret the purchase of my Avata to this day. Even the O3 Air Unit or the FPV Controller2 (I'm not quite sure who exactly is to blame) that I bought afterwards suffer from massive connection problems, so I can no longer trust it.

The worst thing about it is that DJI does not take a position on it and you do not know if something will change in the desolate conditions or if you as a customer have just had bad luck. In any case, I have learned from this and will not buy any DJI products in the future. Not because they are fundamentally bad, it's simply because of the poor communication with their customers.

My recomendation? Get a simulator, learn to fly acro and buy a real FPV copter.
2023-5-24
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

SnowSkier Pilot Posted at 5-24 11:58
Hi there!

Yes, I know that for information on the net.

Fortunately, the Goggles V2 work with both the DJI FPV and of course the DJI Avata!
As a spectacle wearer with "special glasses" this use is absolutely brilliant!
But you are right: Unfortunately, the Goggles V2 do not (yet???) work with the Mavic 3!
2023-5-24
Use props
fans8cf3c1fe
lvl.1

Austria

i got my set yesterday - dji virtual flight to train dont work ..... i want to learn before i crash my drone thats now not possible ... i think about to send it back
2023-5-24
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 877999 ft
Germany

fans9bdfb4fe Posted at 5-24 21:12
Now we are talking!

The Goggles 2 don't fit best but the real problem is the Avata itself. Yaw-Tumble, uncontrollable rescue maneuvers and even bitrate issues are reported.

Yep I would recommend this to none except for using it as a photo drone, but if you want to use it for this case just buy a real photo drone. The Avata is a Dangerous and really unsafe Drone which is unpredictable.

And yeah, the worst part is DJI just don't care, not about the situation or loosing customers. For me The Avata was the first and last product from DJI directly, I'm selling my Avata already.

They always refer to their quote that it's a cinewhoop that's why the yaw tumble will happen but thats simply not true if you do some research besides some Youtuber that seems to be always positive about DJI if you know what I mean ;)
I truely think sadly DJI really thinks this is a normal situation haha

My tip is too buy yoursfelf a Cinelog or something and start safe in the hobby. Just take it easy and do little steps with it not risking to loose it. The chance loosing the Avata because of "safety" flyaway is much higher...

Tried to make the Avata work and filling some task i could live with and hoping DJI fix this errors for months now and finaly I gave up this think will never really work its a Fail design. I liked the conecpt of the Avata but its just wasted money and more frustration for me just keeping it.
Even the DJI Care Card is bull.. for me because the traditional Drones are just nearly unbreakable and if a Motors breaks I just repair it in a few minutes and get back up again, not needing to send a 600 Euro Drone across europe hoping DJI just fixing it and paying even more.

For me the Buy of the Avata was one of the badest buys in the last years if seen financial but one of the best on the side because it get me in this hobby.

2023-5-25
Use props
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Thank you all for all the tips about the Avata. I've seen so many videos with all the issues reported everywhere that I'm really concerned to spend all that money on this drone.
I've been using my Mavic 2 Pro since 4 years ago and I never had any problem, except for the batteries(2 of the 3 set) that became useless. Reported it and DJI send 2 new ones without any costs. I must thank DJI for that.
I already sold the Mavic 2 Pro because the first thought was to buy the Mavic 3 Pro as soon as it went on sale. I was also always curious about having an FPV and I waited years for one to appear that was easier to use without having to assemble it, as I don't have the time or availability for that. Hence, Avatar was the best choice I thought. However, with so many problems I've seen, I think I'll give up until DJI can resolve all the problems. I'll save some money for later.
2023-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules