Thinking about becoming INSPIRE ed.
1942 12 2014-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rceagle1
lvl.1
United States

I have alot of R/C plane experience over about 20 years. I had a Phantom2 V+ but sold it during the fly-away issues in an unflown state. I am liking the visual system on the Inspire1 for landing. If one is careful can an Inspire be flown as easily as a phantom2? Seems the Inspire1 has alot of the same flight controller abilities as the Phantom series. Or should I buy another phantom?
2014-12-7
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

First...you are asking a group of which the majority have only seen an Inspire in pictures...much less flown it. Based on your cautious approach in the past, I'd say the Inspire is a bit more than you need. This is an expensive hobby. You WILL have damage, sooner or later. If you believe internet scuttlebutt enough to not even fly your V+....then a newly released vehicle is more than you should probably invest in.
2014-12-7
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Inspire is a higher performance craft than the Phantom.  It depends on the amount of time you had on your Phantom as to how you will adapt to the Inspire.  It is more sensitive to the sticks than the Phantom.  The Inspire has auto take off and landing which is a help.  For me, as a single operator, the options available to the pilot on the camera can be a distraction to your flying and that is the danger.
2014-12-7
Use props
rceagle1
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the advice ED!! Maybe I'll reinvest in the P2 v+ again.
2014-12-7
Use props
rceagle1
lvl.1
United States

This forum has some weird features. In the process of scrolling my note4 I hit the opposition button. Sorry for that Pete
2014-12-7
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

rceagle1@gmail. Posted at 2014-12-8 02:07
This forum has some weird features. In the process of scrolling my note4 I hit the opposition button ...

Hah! I deserved it.
2014-12-7
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-12-8 00:28
The Inspire is a higher performance craft than the Phantom.  It depends on the amount of time you ha ...

Is there a way to adjust the sticks' sensitivity? Change gains, etc.?
2014-12-7
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

pete1144@me.com Posted at 2014-12-8 02:19
Is there a way to adjust the sticks' sensitivity? Change gains, etc.?

There are advanced gain settings.  Right now we don't have the ability to adjust them so I cannot comment on how to dampen the sticks yet.  
2014-12-7
Use props
raflores1
lvl.2

Puerto Rico

Sorry for being naive but the promotion and the website mentions that you can fly this thing with little or no experience. What am i Missing here?
2014-12-7
Use props
rceagle1
lvl.1
United States

SO, I decided to buy another Phantom2 V+. I still want an INSPIRE1 BAD BAD BAD. If I win the lottery or get a huge commission I'll have one!
2014-12-11
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

rceagle1@gmail. Posted at 2014-12-12 07:47
SO, I decided to buy another Phantom2 V+. I still want an INSPIRE1 BAD BAD BAD. If I win the lottery ...

Never buy or fly anything you cannot afford to lose!

I think that's the first rule of Quadcopters!

Also, it's probably prudent to at least double the initial price just for cost of ownership issues, etc. in the first year or two. As you know, a good bump with the Vision costs you $700 for a new cam. Batteries aren't cheap either.

The Inspire is a great machine - but, IMHO, it's best for someone actually making some money from their pursuit....or, of course, the gadget for folks who don't mind spending big to be the first on the block to claim one!

I may buy one someday - but I then may feel pressured to use it more which means more work editing videos and stuff. For a lot of us, just some small upgrades to the camera in a Vision+ size model would do the job for messing around with (IMHO).
2014-12-13
Use props
rceagle1
lvl.1
United States

I plan to buy a drone expert quick release asap for my v+. So that I can fly without the cam but keep the app features.
2014-12-14
Use props
rceagle1
lvl.1
United States

I also bought a drone mods uav gps  locator.
2014-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules