12Next >
52968 47 2023-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zy5r0xB1OWKv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59610 ft
United Kingdom

I'm not buying the current Avata due to the design flaw issues I am reading about such as it suddenly flying upwards inside or tumbling to the ground unexpectedly,  When will the next more stable and improved edition be released?  

2023-5-25
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 877999 ft
Germany

Won't change a thing about DJI's understanding of customer support and caring for the own Products so for me Personal I don't care how good it will be.

would say the postive thing is it can't get more bad but learned to not throw this in the room to easily

2023-5-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there. We have not yet received any information related to your question. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website, as we will update the latest news on the official website as soon as we receive it. Thank you for your understanding and interest in DJI.
2023-5-25
Use props
Ryan70
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6556680 ft
United States

Koolada Posted at 5-25 14:02
Won't change a thing about DJI's understanding of customer support and caring for the own Products so for me Personal I don't care how good it will be.

would say the postive thing is it can't get more bad but learned to not throw this in the room to easily

You are short sited and follow those flat earther fringe groups apparently. Or you just suck at flying this drone. You can have Zero experience and still the Avata is stupid simple to fly. It gets shots you could  ever get before. Look up the pro shots of the Tesla Giga Watt made by the Avata. The only design flaw is the battery. Getting only 9-12 minutes of flight time on one battery is just rediculous. The tech is out there DJI. Use it.
2023-6-25
Use props
Ryan70
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-25 16:14
Hi there. We have not yet received any information related to your question. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website, as we will update the latest news on the official website as soon as we receive it. Thank you for your understanding and interest in DJI.

Hi DJI, last year you released the Avata August 2022. Will you be releasing the Avata 2 in August 2023?  Hopefully when it is released you actually resolve the the horrendous flight time with the batteries. Ya should not have to buy 12 batteries and a port to charge all of them
. Hopefully there's good news and a refreshed better version is released soon!

Let us know when you get a chance!

Thanks
2023-6-25
Use props
Ryan70
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-25 16:14

Hi DJI,

Any updates on when the Avata 2 will be released?  It's been a year just about since you released the first iteration.

My only hope is that you release it with a far better camera and a far better battery that lasts. The tech exists. Use it. 8-10 minutes of flight time realistically just isn't worth it. Then having to buy 8-13 batteries, is just not feasible.

Any updates on a release date let me know! Thank you for your time!
2023-6-25
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Let's be real here, the Avata was DJI's first dip in the whoop category. I think they nailed it. Battery-life is the best in its' class and the batteries are "intelligent." I wouldn't sit around waiting for the next Avata, as tomorrow isn't a guarantee for anyone. Happy flying!
2023-6-25
Use props
djiuser_p1ZzQHJNWzQ8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1093671 ft
Canada

Koolada Posted at 5-25 14:02

Keep on beating that horse... It's still not dead enough yet...
2023-6-25
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I'll be glad to see the new Avata - as from today's one improvement can be made especially in camera and flight - but till then will fly my Avata ;)
2023-6-25
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 877999 ft
Germany

djiuser_p1ZzQHJNWzQ8 Posted at 6-25 23:19
Keep on beating that horse... It's still not dead enough yet...

Okay, will do
You will post this now in every topic? You are bored?
2023-6-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Ryan70 Posted at 6-25 03:08
Hi DJI,

Any updates on when the Avata 2 will be released?  It's been a year just about since you released the first iteration.

Hi, Ryan70. Thank you for reaching out. We really appreciate you looking forward to our future products. With regard to this, we have not yet received any information related to this post. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website, as we will update the latest news on the official website as soon as we receive it. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-27
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm waiting for the Avata Pro.
2023-7-2
Use props
fansc5efab9c
lvl.2

United States

I can't see a new Avata coming anytime soon, even popular drones like Mini are not getting annual releases, so the Avata which is a niche product will take at least 2 years between releases.
It's a great product if you understand its limitations and capabilities, and software updates will probably make it better.
2023-7-3
Use props
FINTR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 485397 ft
Finland

I was thinking about buying Avata for my first FPV, but I'm quite sure there's coming new FPV version(s).
1) All Avata and FPV combos are in huge discount (up to -33%)
2) These are not store discounts (All stores have similar discount campain until the end of July).
3) Nether Avata or FPV have EU class certification

I assume DJI are not going to EU certificate old models Avata or FPV and they are selling stocks out and release new certified model(s). After 1.1.2024 Avata and FPV are A3 class drones and if there's similar certified A1/A2 models on market, no one in Europe will buy any new A3 drone. Now it's DJI's time to empty the stock.
2023-7-6
Use props
fansf22e05b4
lvl.1
Belgium

FINTR Posted at 7-6 05:21
I was thinking about buying Avata for my first FPV, but I'm quite sure there's coming new FPV version(s).
2) These are not store discounts (All stores have similar discount campain until the end of July).

No problem, i continue to wait avata 2 (better sensor, better battery, O4 ? perhaps with less latency)
i have time, but i love the avata system.
2023-7-30
Use props
AsturianCetorix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46814 ft
Spain

I´m reading the same cons about the Avata... this thing is not an acrobatic drone.
2023-7-30
Use props
pawelPL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 773596 ft
Poland

Ryan70 Posted at 6-25 03:03
You are short sited and follow those flat earther fringe groups apparently. Or you just suck at flying this drone. You can have Zero experience and still the Avata is stupid simple to fly. It gets shots you could  ever get before. Look up the pro shots of the Tesla Giga Watt made by the Avata. The only design flaw is the battery. Getting only 9-12 minutes of flight time on one battery is just rediculous. The tech is out there DJI. Use it.

it is not filmed with avata - 5min google search ...
2023-8-3
Use props
pawelPL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 773596 ft
Poland

FINTR Posted at 7-6 05:21

this, plus a lot of used on aftermarket - peiople know something ;)
2023-8-3
Use props
charles john
New

United States

My Hope Is that the new version is 250grams or less. The only reason I haven't brought the first version is because it is too heavy and you can't fly it around crowds. The drone has to be far from people.
2023-8-15
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

charles john Posted at 8-15 12:48
My Hope Is that the new version is 250grams or less. The only reason I haven't brought the first version is because it is too heavy and you can't fly it around crowds. The drone has to be far from people.

Is this what you learned in the TRUST test?  Then I think you need to retake the test.
2023-8-15
Use props
Fury3?
New

United Kingdom

I too am waiting (im)patiently for the Avata 2 / Pro.

I bought my first drone only a few months ago, the Mini 3 Pro, and loved it. I wanted something for fun as well as photography, so I bought the Avata, and also loved it. I had a couple of newbie crashes and suffered with battery detachment. Around 3 weeks in one of the motors stopped working properly, so I sent it back and ordered another. Unfortunately the second one also developed a fault, it started making a strange noise in flight after around a week.

I found it so much fun using it in small spaces, like my back garden where I could set out obstacles, but up in the air in open spaces I found it slow and boring. I think it is an exceptional bit of kit, but ultimately after the second one developed a fault I got a refund, and now I am missing playing like crazy and can't wait for the new version.

DJI - please say there is a new one coming very soon!!
2023-9-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fury3? Posted at 9-30 00:30
I too am waiting (im)patiently for the Avata 2 / Pro.

I bought my first drone only a few months ago, the Mini 3 Pro, and loved it. I wanted something for fun as well as photography, so I bought the Avata, and also loved it. I had a couple of newbie crashes and suffered with battery detachment. Around 3 weeks in one of the motors stopped working properly, so I sent it back and ordered another. Unfortunately the second one also developed a fault, it started making a strange noise in flight after around a week.

While you are waiting, maybe I suggest the DJI FPV.  It's a little older but it's inexpensive and it will definitely give you that exhilaration that you are looking for.   My guess is new FPVs drone won't be coming out until Spring 2024 so there's still time to have fun with FPV.
2023-9-30
Use props
Fury3?
New

United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 9-30 07:05
While you are waiting, maybe I suggest the DJI FPV.  It's a little older but it's inexpensive and it will definitely give you that exhilaration that you are looking for.   My guess is new FPVs drone won't be coming out until Spring 2024 so there's still time to have fun with FPV.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I had considered it - but I am very inexperienced with drones, and I am concerned about the exposed propellers. I quite often would lightly catch things with the Avata, but it coped fine with it.
2023-10-1
Use props
Dan46
lvl.1

Australia

those complaining about battery life in the avata clearly havent had any experience with other FPV drones
2023-10-8
Use props
djiuser_YBQvxeSNi8qq
New

United States

Can we get an update or support for the flight simulator app. It doesn’t seem to be working with my avata or fpv..
2023-12-6
Use props
MisterSpyezFPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

surely before a new AVATA there would be a new and updated FPV drone from DJI?

I am struggling to understand just what people want really as I think the AVATA with MC2 is great fun and can get you all the cinema footage you need?

You want to freestyle, power loop and all that jazz then best get a proper quad like the Nazgul or most of the other 5 inch ones available out there!

I for one would love to see a slimmed down version of the FPV drone just to see what they can produce but then again I have 7 quads from 3.5 to 7 inch at home that I can fly where I want and not get restricted by flight zones etc!

These are introduction to the hobby drones, you want more then learn more about the hobby and fly acro/manual
2023-12-7
Use props
djiuser_gAJlewktY91O
lvl.2

United States

Any news on a newer version???
2023-12-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_gAJlewktY91O Posted at 12-9 17:09
Any news on a newer version???

Hi there. We don't have any information yet about the speculated new product. Please keep updated by visiting the DJI Official website for any updates and announcements. Have a great day ahead.
2023-12-13
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Avata is a fun drone for learning fpv but is a cinewhoop . They are not meant for freestyle acrobatic flying or even to go upside down. They don’t handle that kind of flying well and are not supposed to. If you build one you will notice the same issues if you try to fly it that way.

There are some issues with the Avata. I have had mine fly around by itself while indoors and having fluctuating Gps.  Recently I saw a video of Ken Heron flying his inside the old highway tunnels in PA.  His did fine with no gps. Mine seems ok if I leave it in manual  but kit in position modes b or S.  There are sone issues, but the handling is nornal for a cinewhoop/ducted drone.
1-12 05:41
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 291345 ft
Brunei

Im waiting for Avata LR Pro. Its the rumoured 12" fpv that can carry a 10k mah battery and a 10km range with a full frame (24x46) sensor and full convertible between an FPV and a cinewhoop with prores 444 support.
1-12 17:36
Use props
McAlbert
lvl.1
Flight distance : 478330 ft
Australia

I'm considering buying the iFlight Defender 20 or 25 if there are no improvements to be made to the Avata.
https://shop.iflight.com/Defender-20-3S-HD-Pro2010
https://shop.iflight.com/Defender-25-O3-4S-HD-Pro1923
2-11 03:53
Use props
Ryan70
lvl.2
United States

Koolada Posted at 2023-5-25 14:02

You're short sited. DJI has far better support than 90 percent of companies out their. Not to mention, they are superior, there is no competition that comes close to their drone tech.

Why would you even comment when it has absolutely nothing to do with the question.  
2-12 02:49
Use props
Ryan70
lvl.2
United States

charles john Posted at 2023-8-15 12:48
My Hope Is that the new version is 250grams or less. The only reason I haven't brought the first version is because it is too heavy and you can't fly it around crowds. The drone has to be far from people.

Get licensed and permission and you actually can.  Put some time into learning.
2-12 02:51
Use props
Ryan70
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 2023-8-15 17:20
Is this what you learned in the TRUST test?  Then I think you need to retake the test.

Hahaha, the TRUST test is so useless. My 14 and 12 year old passed it in 10 minutes
  It's simy a joke. All drones operators should be required to take part 107. Even for recreational  flight only. These aren't "toys.". It's amazing the idiotic questions I see in the masses. Folks won't even read the owners manual which is the law.

It's one of the main reasons we are getting more regulations.
2-12 02:54
Use props
Ryan70
lvl.2
United States

Fury3? Posted at 2023-10-1 22:06
Thanks for the suggestion.

I had considered it - but I am very inexperienced with drones, and I am concerned about the exposed propellers. I quite often would lightly catch things with the Avata, but it coped fine with it.

Practice practice practice.
2-12 02:57
Use props
Ryan70
lvl.2
United States

Dan46 Posted at 2023-10-8 14:29
those complaining about battery life in the avata clearly havent had any experience with other FPV drones

Dude they have the ability to do far better with the batteries on these.  That's a fact.  It's a play to make money. Plain and simple.
2-12 02:58
Use props
Ryan70
lvl.2
United States

MisterSpyezFPV Posted at 2023-12-7 01:16
surely before a new AVATA there would be a new and updated FPV drone from DJI?

I am struggling to understand just what people want really as I think the AVATA with MC2 is great fun and can get you all the cinema footage you need?

Rookie.  Man...
2-12 02:59
Use props
Ryan70
lvl.2
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 2023-6-25 03:18
Let's be real here, the Avata was DJI's first dip in the whoop category. I think they nailed it. Battery-life is the best in its' class and the batteries are "intelligent." I wouldn't sit around waiting for the next Avata, as tomorrow isn't a guarantee for anyone. Happy flying!

Why not?  They release new versions every year essentially. It's to the point of where they are becoming more and more like Apples business models.

As far as batteries go, they could do far better!  The tech and ability is there, it's all about making money though on this.

That's a fact and smart for DJI, just not good for consumers. It's the simple.
2-12 03:01
Use props
djiuser_r1vgZyj3SAph
lvl.1

Thailand

How long ?   This Year ?????  Avata 2
2-12 19:24
Use props
GTHero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1832372 ft
Australia

D35Archangel Posted at 1-12 17:36
Im waiting for Avata LR Pro. Its the rumoured 12" fpv that can carry a 10k mah battery and a 10km range with a full frame (24x46) sensor and full convertible between an FPV and a cinewhoop with prores 444 support.

I expect there'll be a bit of a wait for the LR Pro.  I hear the Phantom 5 is scheduled for release first.
2-12 22:43
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules