Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Do this now!
12Next >
2729 70 2023-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Here I show you why Osmo Action 3 is just an amazing camera, and a lot of people didn't know this about it.

2023-5-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nicely done and some great tips.  
2023-5-26
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-26 11:21
Very nicely done and some great tips.

Thank you!
I don't think that many do know that they could do this
2023-5-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 5-26 12:11
Thank you!
I don't think that many do know that they could do this

You're most welcome.  You're right about not many knowing for sure.
2023-5-26
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-26 13:38
You're most welcome.  You're right about not many knowing for sure.

This was actually one of the first things I tested with it when it came out, and especially since GP11 have this I had to test it out more.
2023-5-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 5-27 01:55
This was actually one of the first things I tested with it when it came out, and especially since GP11 have this I had to test it out more.

Glad you did test it out and for sure it will help others who were not in the know.  Thanks for being Mr. Tester.  Have a great weekend.  I'm headed out for a dive and to.....
MB.jpg
2023-5-27
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-27 03:06
Glad you did test it out and for sure it will help others who were not in the know.  Thanks for being Mr. Tester.  Have a great weekend.  I'm headed out for a dive and to.....

Thanks!
Be careful when out diving, and enjoy your swim
2023-5-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 5-27 03:08
Thanks!
Be careful when out diving, and enjoy your swim

You're very welcome.  Thanks for the reminder to be safe.  I always check and double check my gear and try to avoid any aggressive sharks that I come across.
2023-5-27
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-27 03:12
You're very welcome.  Thanks for the reminder to be safe.  I always check and double check my gear and try to avoid any aggressive sharks that I come across.

Good to hear that!

Did you bring OA3 underwater aswell?
2023-5-27
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26296 ft
Denmark

Well, did know. But never use it. It's depends on how you use cam. I will say, yes, just shoot 4:3 and you can frame later. Do have 360 cam, so i know the time you spend, reframing. The 360 rule is, max 5m from cam to get best image to reframe. So will say, same rule with 4:3. From 5m you get perspktive rule, 5-10m easy to shoot 16:9 or 9:16 will be in frame. And you still can pan cam. Use feet. But are you in a close up, situation, like fast shots, and short moments of interest, like birthdays, sports, animals, so on, reframing is 100% best option. Less panning, bigger chance to get the best image.  Am always shooting 16:9 wile fishing. Do get most, but my cams can eat 1tb on a long day, maybe 2-5 cams out, and the hardest part, sound. lol
2023-5-27
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

The problem I often face when used as helmet cam is that framing often is not where I want it to show, and angle for camera depend if I plow snow or drive on trails.
Will think when I will be using it as pov while fishing in summer it will be the same, so for me I will mostly shoot in 4:3 most/all time for those cases.

1TB is a lot for fishing, would be better to just start/stop recording when something happen.
2023-5-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 5-27 08:32
Good to hear that!

Did you bring OA3 underwater aswell?

I had originally wanted to buy the OA3 but with the initial focus issues I went with the GoPro 11 instead.  Unfortunately, I didn't take the Go Pro 11 out with me yesterday.  
2023-5-28
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-28 03:49
I had originally wanted to buy the OA3 but with the initial focus issues I went with the GoPro 11 instead.  Unfortunately, I didn't take the Go Pro 11 out with me yesterday.

Ah I see.
What you should brought it, record all what you see under water
2023-5-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 5-28 05:14
Ah I see.
What you should brought it, record all what you see under water

That's a great plan.  However, I took my metal detector with me on this trip as it discriminates really well on gold objects so I had to limit what all I could carry down with me.
2023-5-28
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-28 17:24
That's a great plan.  However, I took my metal detector with me on this trip as it discriminates really well on gold objects so I had to limit what all I could carry down with me.

Not many do metal detecting under water or while diving, so there are probably a lot to find on seabed
2023-5-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 5-28 22:53
Not many do metal detecting under water or while diving, so there are probably a lot to find on seabed

You're absolutely right but you have to take a metal detector that is fully waterproof.  I have one that works great for land use but had to buy a 2nd one that is fully waterproof.  The waterproof one has already paid for itself in "finds".  
2023-5-29
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-29 02:58
You're absolutely right but you have to take a metal detector that is fully waterproof.  I have one that works great for land use but had to buy a 2nd one that is fully waterproof.  The waterproof one has already paid for itself in "finds".

That's great that you have already found that much that it have paid for it.
Mine is rain proof and can put coil in water, but never done it.
2023-5-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 5-30 07:22
That's great that you have already found that much that it have paid for it.
Mine is rain proof and can put coil in water, but never done it.

For underwater detecting I bought the Minelab Excalibur II.  It was a bit expensive but it was the best available and it is rated for depths up to 66 meters.  
2023-5-31
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-31 04:56
For underwater detecting I bought the Minelab Excalibur II.  It was a bit expensive but it was the best available and it is rated for depths up to 66 meters.

Minelab do makes really good detectors, and yeah I see the price for that is like $1500+ in Norway.

I have Nokta Simplex+ and I haven't used that for a year, so I need to go out more.
2023-5-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 5-31 06:37
Minelab do makes really good detectors, and yeah I see the price for that is like $1500+ in Norway.

I have Nokta Simplex+ and I haven't used that for a year, so I need to go out more.

If your time permits get out and see if it can help pay for itself.  I can't tell you how many diamond studded items I've found such as rings, earrings, broaches, necklaces and all at the beach.  One of the diamond rings I found was appraised at over $4000 US.  
2023-5-31
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-31 08:00
If your time permits get out and see if it can help pay for itself.  I can't tell you how many diamond studded items I've found such as rings, earrings, broaches, necklaces and all at the beach.  One of the diamond rings I found was appraised at over $4000 US.

I would but up here in north there is not much values to be found.
2023-5-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 5-31 08:08
I would but up here in north there is not much values to be found.

Ahh, I wasn't thinking about that.  Probably would not be worth investing in a top of the line metal detector then.  I'm lucky here as we have many sunken ships off the Florida coast and it's rumored that many pirates hid their treasure chests in various parts of the island.  
2023-5-31
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-31 13:34
Ahh, I wasn't thinking about that.  Probably would not be worth investing in a top of the line metal detector then.  I'm lucky here as we have many sunken ships off the Florida coast and it's rumored that many pirates hid their treasure chests in various parts of the island.

Then you are lucky to have so many opportunities to really find valuable things.
When I bought mine, I heard "why?, because people here were poor". But people have found coins from the Viking era, but they are not allowed to be kept. But will receive a finder's salary from the state.
2023-5-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 5-31 14:56
Then you are lucky to have so many opportunities to really find valuable things.
When I bought mine, I heard "why?, because people here were poor". But people have found coins from the Viking era, but they are not allowed to be kept. But will receive a finder's salary from the state.

That's a shame that you are not allowed to retain what you find.  

I've found several Civil War era belt buckles and musket balls.  They don't have a "real" monetary value but they make a nice addition to my collection of items found.

2023-6-1
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-1 03:03
That's a shame that you are not allowed to retain what you find.  

Yes I agree, but I also understand since they want to keep historic items for all to enjoy and not for private.

That's cool.
We can find a lot of items from ww2, but I hope never to find live explosives that people still find here.
2023-6-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 6-1 06:40
Yes I agree, but I also understand since they want to keep historic items for all to enjoy and not for private.

That's cool.

Finding live ordnance would not make for a good day at all.  No doubt would be time to call out the Explosive Ordnance Team.  I've found the musket balls from back in the Civil War but of course they are inert.
2023-6-1
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-1 14:38
Finding live ordnance would not make for a good day at all.  No doubt would be time to call out the Explosive Ordnance Team.  I've found the musket balls from back in the Civil War but of course they are inert.

Close to the border with Russia, they constantly find live explosives in the form of grenades, and that without searching and usually in popular hiking areas.
Hehe, it's cool that you find those old bullets from muskets.
2023-6-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice tip!
2023-6-2
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Thanks mate
2023-6-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2023-6-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 6-2 00:47
Close to the border with Russia, they constantly find live explosives in the form of grenades, and that without searching and usually in popular hiking areas.
Hehe, it's cool that you find those old bullets from muskets.

Sounds like a bit of a dangerous area especially since it is a popular for hiking.  Kind of reminds me of the way a certain country is leaving a trail of unexploded ordnance in their current mission to occupy a sovereign country.  
2023-6-2
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-2 02:31
Sounds like a bit of a dangerous area especially since it is a popular for hiking.  Kind of reminds me of the way a certain country is leaving a trail of unexploded ordnance in their current mission to occupy a sovereign country.

True!

Yeah it will be terrible there after that war.
2023-6-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 6-2 03:43
True!

Yeah it will be terrible there after that war.

Yes it will and it is already a sad situation there.  Hope you have a great day and a super weekend.  Weather permitting I'm going to take the underwater metal detector out to that sunken ship again this weekend.  We currently have a storm passing through and the water is very choppy and visibility is a no go today but hoping tomorrow or Sunday is better.
2023-6-3
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-3 05:36
Yes it will and it is already a sad situation there.  Hope you have a great day and a super weekend.  Weather permitting I'm going to take the underwater metal detector out to that sunken ship again this weekend.  We currently have a storm passing through and the water is very choppy and visibility is a no go today but hoping tomorrow or Sunday is better.

Hope you will be able to go diving there tomorrow.
Here I'm mostly just waiting for better weather or warmer weather.
2023-6-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 6-3 08:57
Hope you will be able to go diving there tomorrow.
Here I'm mostly just waiting for better weather or warmer weather.

I was able to get the dive in yesterday on that sunken ship.  No new finds with the metal detector.  I did have a 2.5m long shark decide to circle and check me out for about 3 minutes and then he slowly swam off.  Just in case I had my knife out and my spear gun at the ready.  Fortunately, he decided I was not worth eating.  
2023-6-4
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-4 05:37
I was able to get the dive in yesterday on that sunken ship.  No new finds with the metal detector.  I did have a 2.5m long shark decide to circle and check me out for about 3 minutes and then he slowly swam off.  Just in case I had my knife out and my spear gun at the ready.  Fortunately, he decided I was not worth eating.

Sad you didn't find anything.
Was it a tiger shark or what kind?
2023-6-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 6-4 10:25
Sad you didn't find anything.
Was it a tiger shark or what kind?

Here in Florida we call them Bull Sharks.  This will give you an idea of what the business end of the bull shark looks like.
BS.jpg
BS2.jpg
2023-6-5
Use props
Iancraig10
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do they turn up in rivers as well? Swim upstream from the sea? Scary looking fish for sure.

While I was snorkelling in Florida, I had a barracuda circling round and round me. It wasn’t until I got back in the boat that the guy taking us out onto a reef told me that had probably seen a medallion hanging from my neck that I had forgotten to take off, and was thinking about attacking!

Florida can be quite dangerous!
2023-6-5
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-5 02:46
Here in Florida we call them Bull Sharks.  This will give you an idea of what the business end of the bull shark looks like.

Oh looks like I won't be swimming there
2023-6-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 6-5 03:34
Do they turn up in rivers as well? Swim upstream from the sea? Scary looking fish for sure.

While I was snorkelling in Florida, I had a barracuda circling round and round me. It wasn’t until I got back in the boat that the guy taking us out onto a reef told me that had probably seen a medallion hanging from my neck that I had forgotten to take off, and was thinking about attacking!

Fortunately the bull sharks are salt water only.  I've been diving for many years now and I can say for the most part the sharks are just inquisitive but I've had contact with a few that became quite aggressive.  That's why I always carry a big knife and my spear gun.
2023-6-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules